4th day of ownership and awaiting breakdown service!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

ytshome wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:45 pm Not sure it'll make you feel any better but just by the way of balance I collected my brand new Mercedes GLE 400d Premium Plus on Friday and after a total mileage of 60 miles and a failed technician visit I'm waiting for a tow truck too. So it's not just VW.
Ouch.
Sorry to hear that. It makes you feel very anxious for the future.
Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon.

ytshome

Post by ytshome »

Thanks for that. Hopefully it'll be a software issue but it was made more problematic because we sold SWMBO car yesterday as she awaits her ID3.
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

New screen sourced and arriving tomorrow.

Should be completed tomorrow/Thursday morning.

Fingers crossed.
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Car collected and appeared OK on journey home.

Bit concerned as the paperwork indicated no faults found and suspected problem withs screen - in other words they do actually KNOW what happened.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

Dave
Coops

Post by Coops »

Sorry to hear of your experience, my post is on here having had the car fail after 3 months of ownership from new, mine is currently at Inchcape in Chester awaiting a new steering lock? I agree it’s not looking good on the reliability front, the AA guy who took my car away said he’d recovered loads recently. Perhaps I should have stuck to Honda’s, not a single time one let me down over several different models in 20+ years. I will give a 2nd chance but if problems persist I’ll be changing the car, I’d have bought a £500 banger if I wanted unreliable!
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Coops wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:17 pm Sorry to hear of your experience, my post is on here having had the car fail after 3 months of ownership from new, mine is currently at Inchcape in Chester awaiting a new steering lock? I agree it’s not looking good on the reliability front, the AA guy who took my car away said he’d recovered loads recently. Perhaps I should have stuck to Honda’s, not a single time one let me down over several different models in 20+ years. I will give a 2nd chance but if problems persist I’ll be changing the car, I’d have bought a £500 banger if I wanted unreliable!
Sorry to hear your troubles.

I was initially anxious following my experience but have to say that on the whole I am now more pleased than I expected.

No further breakdowns (fingers crossed just the usual niggles reported here by many.

My major area of frustration is now the software. It is truly bad and needs an urgent and comprehensive overhaul. VW really need to sort it.

I am currently talking to my local Renault dealer to see when they are expecting the new Megane. First impressions are good and just awaiting prices. The valuations from Motorway for my ID3 are going up all time.

Dave