Rear lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

Woke this morning to the rear tail lights on....anyone else had this issue?

Little concerning if it sits there draining the battery

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Were the lights on steady, or doing their 'Welcome' animation? If you keep the car key somewhere in range of the car, it seems to recognise when you approach and do its animation to say hello. In my case I only have to walk up to the front door in the house for the car to say hello this way. The car is on the drive about 2M from the house and the keys are on a hook about 2m back from the front door. I'm now trying keeping the keys further into the house to avoid the problem.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:19 am Were the lights on steady, or doing their 'Welcome' animation? If you keep the car key somewhere in range of the car, it seems to recognise when you approach and do its animation to say hello. In my case I only have to walk up to the front door in the house for the car to say hello this way. The car is on the drive about 2M from the house and the keys are on a hook about 2m back from the front door. I'm now trying keeping the keys further into the house to avoid the problem.
Same here, if I walk to our shoe cupboard with my key in my pocket the lights will go on - they've usually gone off again by the time I've actually put my shoes on and gone outside :lol:
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

The keys were at the back of the house, so I was pretty surprised that they popped on. I had just done an app software update....maybe related?

Might wrap them in foil tonight 👍
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

Happened again last night, resulting in neighbours ringing me at 02:00 !!

Turned off the welcome light feature, I have a feeling it’s too easily triggered
RDR

Post by RDR »

we solved a weird problem today, random incidents of lights coming on on the car. We keep car keys in a bowl near a door, if the ID3 Is parked in either of the two parking spaces closer to the door every time someone opens the house door the welcome lights come on and you get the "dad the cars lights are on" call :roll:
Ians

Post by Ians »

Use a Faraday pouch widely available on eBay or Amazon. Will solve this problem and protect against key cloning theft.