Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MattP

Post by MattP »

Interesting comments. My order number is 31401735, and the order was placed 29/07/2021.

Never received anything in relation to a build date so chased up the dealer a week or so ago.

Their reply - The dealer has responded to you query, please see the details below: "This car was due to have been built week 40 (5 weeks ago) but currently cars are being released from factory 8-10 weeks after their build date. i would therefore expect a January delivery.

Therefore would you say the car has been built or the build date is 10 weeks delayed?

Thanks
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910

sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

MattP wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:39 pm Interesting comments. My order number is 31401735, and the order was placed 29/07/2021.

Never received anything in relation to a build date so chased up the dealer a week or so ago.

Their reply - The dealer has responded to you query, please see the details below: "This car was due to have been built week 40 (5 weeks ago) but currently cars are being released from factory 8-10 weeks after their build date. i would therefore expect a January delivery.

Therefore would you say the car has been built or the build date is 10 weeks delayed?

Thanks
Sounds more like a guess, with the dealer suggesting that it's taking on average 10 weeks for the car to leave the factory from the designated build week.
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

I have been following this forum for a few weeks and have now joined forum and have followed this post since the first post I ordered my id3 on the 8 Oct ,I knew when I ordered it would be at least 26 weeks so at the moment i will probably start enquiring after Xmas .this will be my first vw so no experience of dealing with them I just liked the the car and I am quite happy to wait . I am guessing vw don’t want to lose to many customers .also does anybody what the wait time is with other car makers to make some sort of comparison I know one of my neighbours ordered a mg 5 on the 1 nov and is expecting to collect it this sat 20 .
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Kwr68 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:32 pm I have been following this forum for a few weeks and have now joined forum and have followed this post since the first post I ordered my id3 on the 8 Oct ,I knew when I ordered it would be at least 26 weeks so at the moment i will probably start enquiring after Xmas .this will be my first vw so no experience of dealing with them I just liked the the car and I am quite happy to wait . I am guessing vw don’t want to lose to many customers .also does anybody what the wait time is with other car makers to make some sort of comparison I know one of my neighbours ordered a mg 5 on the 1 nov and is expecting to collect it this sat 20 .
On the SpeakEV someone said they were quoted May 2022 for an Ioniq5 (https://www.speakev.com/threads/deliver ... st-3125265)

If your neighbour got an MG5 that quickly, it'd be from stock. They are about to facelift it, so would no doubt be less demand for the 'current'/old shape
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum.
2 of my kids are waiting for new Ford Kuga and Puma ICE cars with around 6 month wait.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Splash-Man wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:00 pm Just got an email from salary sacrifice provider saying our car (ordered in August) has moved from end of January to August 2022.
My car was ordered in the same way with Zenith as the salary sacrifice provider, mine was ordered at the end of Oct. Is your provider the same ?
I do remember reading that lead-times were going to be extended but were likely to be reduced again at the start of December once the MY2.5 changes had been planned in.
Yes, same provider. You may get an email soon too unless it’s specific to our trim On their portal, our delivery date has changed to 07/2022
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

Looking at my email trail I had my first email from VW was 7th Aug and saying, "We’re ready to get started" then the next one that got me quite excited "We're off" on the 4th Sept but then the next one 20th Sept "An update on your car's progress" delayed blaming the semi-conductor shortage fair enough but I received two very close together on that day they were 2 minutes apart? Then the following day the same email but just one no duplicate so not sure why I got the duplicated ones on the previous days, anyway the next I got one the 8th October and then again on the 9th but nothing since?

So I recently asked my stealership if I could make changes (just to see what they say not that I wanted to make any changes really) as they keep telling me the car has not been built yet and that it's status was "Projected build week 39" and he said NO you will lose your order and the whole spiel of the PCP deposit not being available and price increases so I believe that the car has been part built and is now in a field somewhere waiting parts would everyone agree or am I over analysing and getting all bent out of shape about the fact that I cannot get a straight answer from the dealer. I want to hope that the endless delay is going to get me the MY22.5 changes but I very much doubt it ah well I will keep beating myself up and punishing myself for selling my old car to soon :cry:
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022
camsoft2000

Post by camsoft2000 »

My understanding is that Build Week is just when the build starts and hasn’t got anything to do with Delivery. It’s documented with other manufacturers that many cars are being built as far as they can and then put in parking lots waiting for chips. I would assume then as soon as the car build has started you will not benefit from future MY updates.

It makes sense otherwise they would have to shut down the factory line completely due to lack of chip shipments.

From reading other posts once it enters build week it could take 10 weeks before being ready for delivery or being delivered.

So build week does not equal when you will get the car and the dealer delivery estimate on order form when you place order is just made up which I’ve had confirmed by the dealer. Just trying to set expectations.

If your car is in build then at least you know it will be weeks or a month or two away from being delivered.
Original order : ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance. *Cancelled*

Subsequent order: Polestar 2 pre-config *cancelled*

Current car: 2022 ID.4 Style 58kWh, s/w 3.0
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Interesting to see other delivery times so there are people with the same problem and you can tell which makes are selling more, so whether you are buying or pcp both dealer and vw want your money all they have had are deposits , also I’m trading in my what will be by the time I get my cat a 7 year old Suzuki swift and the trade in value is guaranteed and second car values at the moment they will be wanting to get hold of it , it’s also having to wait all that time and there not much you can do about it. I think anything that has electronics and a battery are in the same boat I just got a new electric golf trolley that took eight weeks to get here instead of a few days one thought car makers don’t seem to keep a large stock of components these days so if the supply chain is interrupted they will have problems
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Looking on Google Maps, Zwickau has a few car parks full of what looks like production cars waiting...

Wonder how recent that is. Feel like there'd be many more there or somewhere else right now

image_2021-11-19_092230.png

image_2021-11-19_092525.png

Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I've been watching the delivery schedules on the forum with interest - it looks like it's a long wait for many of us!

I ordered my Life Pro Performance with East Derry wheels on October 9th through Drive The Deal, and when I contacted the dealers that will be supplying the car they were very helpful and courteous, but they could only say 'We are waiting for the factory to progress your order, I know the factory is behind with production due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips, so it is taking them longer than normal.'

Could be a while yet. Please feel free to add this to the spreadsheet.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I've now had an update on our order and have confirmed the factory order number, which is 3141xxxx. It's gone backwards, not really surprising...and some of it doesn't make full sense - so we will see!
Ordered at the beginning of August with predicted delivery in December.
End of August - given provisional build week 42 by the dealer.
Late September - given confirmed build week 42 with predicted delivery still in December.
17/10 (beginning of bw42 I thought, so on perfect time) - received 'in production' email from VW UK (which interestingly the dealer says they don't get sight of)
19/11 - asked for another update from the dealer, says it now shows build week 45 and predicts delivery to us in January. He did say it may well already be part built but didn't know.

Two weird things - (1) he said build week 45 was next week starting the coming Monday so he would keep an eye out for an update next week - but I thought week 45 was last week ie it should have finished a week ago?, (2) he told me that once the build is actually finished (and which he hoped was next week) delivery was currently going quickly because of the lower than usual car volumes, which I hadn't heard before.

It strikes me that the definition of a build week may have been shot. Anyway it seems its either in build, or should be very soon...Feel free to add our order to the sheet. Car details are in my signature and dealer is Johnson's Liverpool.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Whoops! I forgot the build number for my car, it's: 314915XX

Life Pro Performance, white with East Derry wheels.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Next week is build week 47 I believe.

Good point about quicker delivery once built because of lower volumes, I hadn’t thought of that, some small encouragement there at least.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

chrisfs wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:42 pm Next week is build week 47 I believe.

Good point about quicker delivery once built because of lower volumes, I hadn’t thought of that, some small encouragement there at least.

I’d have thought this might delay things rather than speed them up! Wouldn’t it longer to make a viable shipping load of vehicles?
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Utumno wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:15 pm
chrisfs wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:42 pm Next week is build week 47 I believe.

I’d have thought this might delay things rather than speed them up! Wouldn’t it longer to make a viable shipping load of vehicles?
I’d imagine in an effort to get keys into customers hands and thusly get paid, they’d be willing to let ships go less full than usual.
58kW Life Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry wheels
Ordered: June 21st (wk25)
Order no: 31285xxx
Confirmed build week: wk36
Released from factory: wk47
Arrived in UK: wk48
Delivery: wk50
Moog

Post by Moog »

Hi all - I just joined up as placed an ID3 order this week. Some details for your spreadsheet: Order number 31551xxx placed 15/11/21 through DTD. Ordered a Family Pro Performance. I’ve been quoted an estimated 30wks so delivery would be week starting 6th June 22, though I’m fully aware this could slip. I guess it’ll be a MY22.5 then?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

Good to hear that some people are able to place an order after 1st November and get an order number so know they are “in the system”. We are still awaiting Heritage Gloucester to place the order on VW so as to get our order into the system. Sure they have their reasons and the sales person is really nice. Although the end of June 22 date they quoted for a delivery estimate is certainly looking iffy. Only time will tell.
Current EV: ID.3 Tour Pro S :D
Previous EV: VW EGolf (Sep2019)
Date Ordered: 01/11/2021 :(
Date Finally Delivered: 15/03/2023 :shock:
Deal Honoured: :!: :?: :|
Dealership: Herritage Gl :? :roll: but love the individual people.
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Are people really willing to order now with an effective £1750 price increase due to the withdrawal of the finance deposit contribution? Perhaps, it will return soon.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

Cherry wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:36 pm Are people really willing to order now with an effective £1750 price increase due to the withdrawal of the finance deposit contribution? Perhaps, it will return soon.
Very true but in addition why order something with an estimated delivery date so far into the future when other makes/models are coming onto the market cheaper in 22 or even available now?

The experience manufacturers are learning (with the likes of PS5 or xBox series consoles availability for example) is that we as consumers have been so well moulded in recent years we pursue our wants/desires no matter the cost, hassle or delay. As my parents used to say to me about “stuff” (they were a product of the years around WW2 and after) you have more money than sense.

Interestingly another dealership I visited recently (to see if what Herritage Gloucester was telling me was valid - it was not) was prepared to discount RRP to make up “some” of that shortfall in deposit contribution. It probably therefore depends on how they are doing relative to their sales targets, etc. They were getting orders BTW, at least one while I was there.
Current EV: ID.3 Tour Pro S :D
Previous EV: VW EGolf (Sep2019)
Date Ordered: 01/11/2021 :(
Date Finally Delivered: 15/03/2023 :shock:
Deal Honoured: :!: :?: :|
Dealership: Herritage Gl :? :roll: but love the individual people.