Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:18 pm
IDontknow wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:15 pm Interesting....delivery times seem very unpredictable. The spreadsheet might shed light on the process at some point?

My order of July 2nd was built in schedule (wk38), but told today it's still awaiting semiconductors and no sign of when it will be finished...

Really pleased the waiting game is nearly over for you though - there's hope for us all yet!

I think all the spreadsheet can currently do is illustrate the absolute chaos in Zwickau at the moment. Which I feel it does reasonably succinctly 😀
:lol:

Stevej999

Post by Stevej999 »

Stevej999 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:01 am I ordered my car in early July, and was told at the time that it should be delivered in mid - to late October.
I’ve just ( November 22nd) been told that it has now been built and should be with me in 4-6 weeks 🤞🤞🤞🤞
The funny thing is that about 10 days ago the dealer emailed me to say that he didn’t know when it was due to be built!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Stevej999 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm
Stevej999 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:01 am I ordered my car in early July, and was told at the time that it should be delivered in mid - to late October.
I’ve just ( November 22nd) been told that it has now been built and should be with me in 4-6 weeks 🤞🤞🤞🤞
The funny thing is that about 10 days ago the dealer emailed me to say that he didn’t know when it was due to be built!

I think that’s because the dealers aren’t actually told when the vehicle goes into actually be built - “there’s no status code for it” is how it was described to me.

There is however a status code for “in transit from factory” and of course it must have been built to be in transit!

So your experience makes sense, even if the process itself doesn’t make much sense 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:34 pm
Stevej999 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm

I think that’s because the dealers aren’t actually told when the vehicle goes into actually be built - “there’s no status code for it” is how it was described to me.

There is however a status code for “in transit from factory” and of course it must have been built to be in transit!

So your experience makes sense, even if the process itself doesn’t make much sense 😀
Thats what I found out today too. My order is still status 20 and my dealer said the next status is 30 and that should come with a VIN number to indicate build is complete. I guess dealers can't find out what's happening unless they contact the factory directly.
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

That’s my understanding too (they have to phone the factory, apparently, which I’m not sure I believe but 🤷‍♂️)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Its a VW internal call centre in Leeds that dealers call. This call centre have all details on relevant orders at whichever factory the vehicle is being built at. As it was this call centre that told my dealer my Tour was in the paintshop which was last Friday morning.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:28 pm Its a VW internal call centre in Leeds that dealers call. This call centre have all details on relevant orders at whichever factory the vehicle is being built at. As it was this call centre that told my dealer my Tour was in the paintshop which was last Friday morning.

That sounds much more plausible thanks Newfie.

Though you’d think VW UK could just make the info available electronically. I’ve had Amazon deliveries better tracked than this vehicle 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm
Newfie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:28 pm Its a VW internal call centre in Leeds that dealers call. This call centre have all details on relevant orders at whichever factory the vehicle is being built at. As it was this call centre that told my dealer my Tour was in the paintshop which was last Friday morning.

Though you’d think VW UK could just make the info available electronically. I’ve had Amazon deliveries better tracked than this vehicle 😂
i agree but for some reason VW like to p*** customers off.
Just been watching this video. Take from it what you will.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Newfie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm

i agree but for some reason VW like to p*** customers off.
Just been watching this video. Take from it what you will.
A sensational video on youtube with a clickbait title with uppercase emphasis.

A pinch of salt, if you please :D
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I saw it was 10 minutes long and decided my time had more value 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

EVOWNER101 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:22 pm Good to hear that some people are able to place an order after 1st November and get an order number so know they are “in the system”. We are still awaiting Heritage Gloucester to place the order on VW so as to get our order into the system. Sure they have their reasons and the sales person is really nice. Although the end of June 22 date they quoted for a delivery estimate is certainly looking iffy. Only time will tell.
Hi EVOwner101. I placed my order for an ID.3 Life Pro with Heritage Gloucester on 17/11/21 with an estimated delivery date of 11/7/22. If you don't yet have your factory order number, I guess I shouldn't expect mine yet..
ID3 Life Pro
Order no. 31559***
Ordered 17/11/21
Est delivery day 11/7/22
Eddcunningham

Post by Eddcunningham »

Phoned my dealer for my bi-weekly kick in the nuts today. They confirmed that my car is STILL in the factory and likely not coming this year, considering the factory shutdowns over Christmas. I saw it coming, but it’s still disappointing.

I joked with my other half that it might be here by my birthday in February, but even that is looking optimistic at this point.

Couple of useful tidbits for others though: They said they’re now advising 9-12 months for deliveries and the factory is no longer accepting orders until they’ve cleared some of this backlog.
58kW Life Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry wheels
Ordered: June 21st (wk25)
Order no: 31285xxx
Confirmed build week: wk36
Released from factory: wk47
Arrived in UK: wk48
Delivery: wk50
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

ChrisM wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:29 pm
EVOWNER101 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:22 pm Good to hear that some people are able to place an order after 1st November and get an order number so know they are “in the system”. We are still awaiting Heritage Gloucester to place the order on VW so as to get our order into the system. Sure they have their reasons and the sales person is really nice. Although the end of June 22 date they quoted for a delivery estimate is certainly looking iffy. Only time will tell.
Hi EVOwner101. I placed my order for an ID.3 Life Pro with Heritage Gloucester on 17/11/21 with an estimated delivery date of 11/7/22. If you don't yet have your factory order number, I guess I shouldn't expect mine yet..
Yes I ordered week 32 but far have been told mid January then late February and I expect that will slip...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
m3nt0r3

Post by m3nt0r3 »

Eddcunningham wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:17 am Phoned my dealer for my bi-weekly kick in the nuts today. They confirmed that my car is STILL in the factory and likely not coming this year, considering the factory shutdowns over Christmas. I saw it coming, but it’s still disappointing.

I joked with my other half that it might be here by my birthday in February, but even that is looking optimistic at this point.

Couple of useful tidbits for others though: They said they’re now advising 9-12 months for deliveries and the factory is no longer accepting orders until they’ve cleared some of this backlog.
i fear that this is also my fate. we are 36wk. but my birthday is in july ....
ID.3 pure performance 45 KW
Ordered 07/07/2021
Production 36wk
Completed 47wk (22/11/2022)
Waiting...
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

So dealer called me again today after calling the main Volkswagen office for updates on my order. He said the build has indeed started for my car so the confirmed build week did actually mean something 😅 however its not completed yet and is taking longer. Interestingly, he said there's 8 stages to build that happens. His other customers aren't ID customers but they've been stuck on stage 7 and are just waiting for chips now. He doesn't know how that will affect my order but he said he'll be checking weekly so we'll just have to see! No clue what stage mine is at though but don't think its gotten as far as 7 yet.
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

Advised this morning that car went into build wk46 (as previously advised) and is code 20. Dealer stated expected delivery is January.......I am somewhat sceptical!
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Up the jumper wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:32 am Advised this morning that car went into build wk46 (as previously advised) and is code 20. Dealer stated expected delivery is January.......I am somewhat sceptical!
I have been given similar information. An interesting question is if, as seems likely , it is not actually built before week 51, will we get the MY22.5 updates? Or because we are notionally week 46, will we not regardless of when it is built?
SwissBlue

Post by SwissBlue »

ID3 tour Pro S
Ordered 01 Nov 2021
Expected Delivery 31 May 2022
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

If you look at the info below it states all cars built from week 51 and lists the changes if it applies to your trim

MY22.5 change.PNG

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

My expectation is, that if our confirmed build week is prior to 51 and the car is part built at that point, then we will not get any of the my22.5 upgrades unless it just so happens that to finish the build after week 51, one of those parts has to be replaced or fitted for the first time.
Personally not too bothered, none of them are things I took much notice of before ordering.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.