ID.3 in T minus 3 Days What Should I know?

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ade_McG

Post by Ade_McG »

Hey all,
I hope you are keeping cheery safe and well.

So, after a lot of researching (and almost falling for an e-Golf), I finally put down a holding deposit on a used First Edition ID.3 this afternoon and will go inspect and finalise the deal on Saturday.
Here is the Ad for the car: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... on=at_cars

Any normal new car I would have quite the handle on what to do, but this is my first EV and well...this got me to thinking, that "real world users" info is critical and with the ID.3 being quite the "connected car" I started to wonder about software versions, previous owner protocol and what I would need to confirm during the pre-purchase inspection and indeed when I pay for it, what do I do in the very first minutes / hours of being the new owner, in terms of user set up.
Note the car is not at a VW dealer (although it is VAG group still)

All advice and comments most welcome and I look forward to discussing the ins and outs of this journey with you all.

Ade
ID.3
1st Edition - Manganese Grey

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Install the We Connect ID. app on your phone, create an account and be logged in.

The car will probably have had a factory reset to the software, so it will be ready to pair with the app.

Go to Settings > System information in the car and check that Software says at least 0792 - that’s the 2.1 version which is the enabler for over the air (OTA) updates.

There should be a Type 2 charging cable, and a few tools in a compartment under the boot floor.

The rest is the same as collecting any other car.

If they’re nice they should have charged it to at least 80% for you.
Moog

Post by Moog »

Blast! That 1st Ed. is about 5mins from my folks and I was pondering taking a visit to them & pop round to see it as a fill-in while I wait for my brand new one. Oh well - I was in no rush to visit them anyway 🤣
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
Ade_McG

Post by Ade_McG »

Moog wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:05 pm Blast! That 1st Ed. is about 5mins from my folks and I was pondering taking a visit to them & pop round to see it as a fill-in while I wait for my brand new one. Oh well - I was in no rush to visit them anyway 🤣
haha...I am over an hour's drive away from the dealership, but the price and the flexibility they were offering I just had to take the plunge :D
ID.3
Ade_McG

Post by Ade_McG »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:35 pm Install the We Connect ID. app on your phone, create an account and be logged in.

The car will probably have had a factory reset to the software, so it will be ready to pair with the app.

Go to Settings > System information in the car and check that Software says at least 0792 - that’s the 2.1 version which is the enabler for over the air (OTA) updates.

There should be a Type 2 charging cable, and a few tools in a compartment under the boot floor.

The rest is the same as collecting any other car.

If they’re nice they should have charged it to at least 80% for you.
Thanks Scott, I have downloaded and installed the We Connect ID app...I have asked the dealer guys to take a screen shot of the Software version currently installed, lets see what we have
ID.3