Selling ID.3 on day of delivery.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

When you insure your ID.3 and if (only some ask) you have to state the value of the car what do you enter if you do not know the value?
The buy price is not the market price is it? Do you enter the new RRP?
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection

IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

I don't think I was asked for the value of the car. We're with LV.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

IDontknow wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:23 pm
Utumno wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:43 pm
IDontknow wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:35 pm Besides, now we have our new car, we love it. It feels *far* more premium on the inside than I remember (I remember it having lots of crappy quality plastic on the doors / lower dash, but that's not what we've got) and is a great to drive.
I wonder whether you’ve managed to snag a 22.5, given your plastic quality recollection?

The new “premium” dash and doors was definitely something all models would benefit from according to that picture from Facebook doing the rounds.
I have been wondering that... I think the dash and door cards were the only differences on the MY22.5 Life Pro weren't they?
It doesn't look quite as premium as the Golf Mk7 we had before, but def better than my memory of it. I remember coming away from the test drive thinking, "nice drive, bit crap quality interior" - and being very pleasantly surprised when I picked up the ID3.

Having said that, my memory isn't what it used to be and I'm not the most observant!

Fair enough! Once your reg/VIN gets onto the VW manual system, it may tell you whether you’re MY22 or 22.5 when you look at the online manual, if you’re lucky.

At the very least, being happier with the interior than you were expecting to be is a nice win 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

The new “premium” dash and doors was definitely something all models would benefit from according to that picture from Facebook doing the rounds.
Got a link to that? I've been looking around for real 22.5 interiors (and the Sept 21+ area view too), but not finding them.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

mediaguy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:11 pm
Got a link to that? I've been looking around for real 22.5 interiors (and the Sept 21+ area view too), but not finding them.

Certainly, though it’s not a good photo of the interiors.

98F9725B-C88C-49CC-9795-85B18A8706C4.jpeg

Tesla Model Y Long Range

Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

The best way to compare the interior would be to check the pictures on the Configurator interior images. However, not sure how easy it will be to be able to pick up differences on the dashboard or the door cards.
The bigger difference is on the seats for the Family model upwards.
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:18 pm

Certainly, though it’s not a good photo of the interiors.

98F9725B-C88C-49CC-9795-85B18A8706C4.jpeg

That's the ID.4 interior anyway, not the ID.3.
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

I can see your points and most posts have replied to your questions.
I was just wondering if you have to declare the capital gain on your tax return? And if you did with the other sales on your imported cars?
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:38 am
Cherry wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:27 am Knowledge is key.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

“In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception”
I'm not sure whether this is directed at me or not, but my reaction is exactly how I feel. I buy cars on emotion, rightly or wrongly. I'm in a position where I'm having to seriously consider cancelling my order, which I'm gutted about, and the last thing I want to hear is people asking for advice on how they can make a quick buck by flipping a car.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 pm
I'm not sure whether this is directed at me or not, but my reaction is exactly how I feel. I buy cars on emotion, rightly or wrongly. I'm in a position where I'm having to seriously consider cancelling my order, which I'm gutted about, and the last thing I want to hear is people asking for advice on how they can make a quick buck by flipping a car.
I do not know how this was meant.

What is wrong with flipping? Many people order a car and decide they do not want it and sell it. It's not illegal, immoral or unethical. Circumstances change.
Reading about all the ID.3 issues worry some people. How does flipping harm you? Why take it personally? Think of it as a kind person allowing someone to get an ID.3 quickly instead of having to wait for months and saving them stress as you clearly have! The seller is a saint. :D
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

Quick update:

Pretty sure mine is MY22 as the software is 2.3 and it was built well before 1st Dec. Seems unlikely that I'd get the new dash/door cards without the other stuff.

Guess I just remember the interior being very plastic-y on the test drive and it's not as cheap-looking as I remembered. To be fair to me, it's been 7 months since the test drive and I hadn't been in an ID3 since.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

IDontknow wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:36 pm Quick update:

Pretty sure mine is MY22 as the software is 2.3 and it was built well before 1st Dec. Seems unlikely that I'd get the new dash/door cards without the other stuff.

Guess I just remember the interior being very plastic-y on the test drive and it's not as cheap-looking as I remembered. To be fair to me, it's been 7 months since the test drive and I hadn't been in an ID3 since.

3.0 would only be installed on cars ordered after 1-Dec though (the image was quite clear on this).

The new dash and door cards I’d expect to be the only change on Life spec cars built after 1-Dec but ordered before 1-Dec.

Agree the balance of probability is that it’s MY22 though!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

I find this an interesting thread. We bought our pre-reg ID3 last September, and circumstances dictated that there was about 4 weeks from deposit/agreed sale, to pay balance/collection. The salesperson was incompetent and dishonest, but sadly in the motor trade, that's not unusual. However on collection day, he was super-grumpy as well. Reason? Simple: we had agreed the price of £X thousand, but within a few weeks, the lack of supply coupled with demand meant that a few identical spec/age cars were selling for £X + 4-5 thousand, so handing our car over at the agreed price must have been painful. Since then, looking at used ID3s on the VW website, I reckon we could sell our car for several thousand more than we paid for it (indeed, have had an offer for just that from a different dealer when I visited to pick up a work colleague).

So, yes, the OP's Q is valid and indeed interesting. For example if the supplying dealer could sell the car at a higher price and is willing to pass some £££ to the 'first owner', well, that's how untrammelled capitalism works. And as has been said, everyone is happy: the 'first owner', the dealer, and someone who manages to get their hands on a car that they'd otherwise have to wait 6 months for.
id3 Max 2021
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Hmm, everyone apart from the people sat in the queue behind. Remember this every time you complain about lead times.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Sorry Andrew, your logic is faulty - the 'queue' has now decreased by one, because the 'first owner' has injected their vehicle into the selling pool.
id3 Max 2021
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:50 pm Hmm, everyone apart from the people sat in the queue behind. Remember this every time you complain about lead times.
How does it affect them? If the original buyer keeps the car or sells it immediately or after a few months, it makes no difference to people in the queue.

You argument is that if he did not order a single car yours would have been built quicker. What, 1 hour quicker? But the order was a dealer car assigned to the buyer. The dealer may get the car from the queue.

When I ordered, I was told c.4 months. I read this as 6 months.

The best things come to those who wait. Be patient or just cancel so others get theirs quicker!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Cherry - bluntly, like Utumno, I think you are a troll. Most of your posts on the forum seem designed to wind people up and this is one of them. I'm not sure I even believe you have ordered an ID3. If you are genuine, then you certainly don't think very hard about how you come across.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

SinglePointSafety wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:35 pm Sorry Andrew, your logic is faulty - the 'queue' has now decreased by one, because the 'first owner' has injected their vehicle into the selling pool.
He’s ordered two cars though, one to keep, and one to make a few quid on. Imagine if everyone ahead of you in the queue did the same.
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Many people at the back of the queue would buy from them and stop moaning like babies. Have you heard of market forces? Soon there may be no profit on it.
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

If not trolling, then lacking in social skills.