Sold back my ID.3 after a year

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Chris

Post by Chris »

My short journeys at the moment are returning 1 Mile per percent in our tour

Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I had the use of a MINI Electric for a few days at the end of November, and in the sub-zero snowy conditions at that time, it too was returning one mile for each one percent of battery power, on local short-distance enthusiastic brisk driving on the back roads near home.
As virtually all of my journeys are within 20-30 miles from home (I very rarely cover more than 100 miles per week, often only around 50), I think I should seriously consider one rather than my id3.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Chris wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:03 pm My short journeys at the moment are returning 1 Mile per percent in our tour
Is each journey hours apart from the previous one? Such that the batteries would get cold?
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Uphamid3 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:32 pm I had the use of a MINI Electric for a few days at the end of November, and in the sub-zero snowy conditions at that time, it too was returning one mile for each one percent of battery power, on local short-distance enthusiastic brisk driving on the back roads near home.
As virtually all of my journeys are within 20-30 miles from home (I very rarely cover more than 100 miles per week, often only around 50), I think I should seriously consider one rather than my id3.
We had a test drive and found it disappointingly similar inside to the 4.5 year old Mini we had just got rid of. Everything was the same, indeed the satnav screen was even smaller that the one on our old Mini. The only difference seemed to be the digital dash. We prefer the 5 doors, nicer interior and longer range of our e208.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Jimmyinit

Post by Jimmyinit »

Utumno wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:00 pm
I do think this could be better explained to EV adopters coming from ICE, together with a dose of honesty and realism from the dealerships and manufacturers.

I know, it's a forlorn hope.

For us, we actually really wanted a Max rather than a Tour. However after researching ev-database.uk it became clear that the worst case "cold weather" range of the 58kWh pack simply wasn't quite going to suit us based on our travel patterns - 155 mile worst case range with no destination charging available to us and no appetite to charge mid-journey.

The extra "worst case" 50 miles given by the 77kWh battery pack gave us confidence that we should be able to do "there and back" for a specific vital journey without requiring a mid-journey break, so we ordered the Tour.

In summer, the 58kWh pack would have been absolutely fine, but winter would have been a stress based on those worst case numbers.
Ditto from me that is excatly why I purchased a Tour with a HP and yes people say that the HP is a waste of money but I wanted all the extra I could get.
24.12.21 Car on my drive delivered - - Tour Stonewash Blue with Heat pump
V3 Software updated 12-14 Nov 2022