Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Nicbob

Post by Nicbob »

Jack1338 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:45 pm
Nicbob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:24 pm
justinjured wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:46 pm

Mine is an NHS order as well. I got the order confirmation on 1st July, although the actual order may have been put in just before this. The original estimate was early November so I have spoken to NHS Fleet Solutions a few times since then. Just before christmas when I phoned they were actually for the 1st time quite helpful and phoned the dealer whilst I was put on hold. They were able to tell me that the car was in Emden. Just thought it might be worth you asking them to contact the dealer for info.

Coincidently, I've just had an email today saying that on the advice of the manufacturers that my new estimated delivery date is May. I'm now pretty close to just cancelling the order and going for a different car on their special offers page with a quick delivery.
What car would you go for out of curiosity?

I'm looking at the Corsa-e with all the bells and whistles. It would have mostly the same equipment as the ID.3, except the matrix lights and to be honest I don't tend to drive anywhere with my full beam on anyway. Takes a bit more of a hit with the range, but the price of the car is a lot less. If I could be guaranteed the car within 3-5 weeks like is promised, its a serious contender.
Family Pro in Stonewashed Blue and bog standard wheels
NHS Knowles Fleet
Ordered 20/07/2021
Build Week 49
Delivery: 30/03/22

Chris_Shep

Post by Chris_Shep »

andrewparker wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:51 am Update on my October 19th order –

"As of today the system is showing that your order has an estimated build week of week 18, which is 2nd to 8th May."
That's fantastic news. I'd love to have an update like that! I'm the order just before yours on UTumno's spreadsheet and I had an update on 10th Jan, "Your car is still not showing status code 00 yet" :roll:
Ordered (07/10/2021) : ID.3 Life Pro 58kWh Moonstone Grey, Order # 31497xxx
Unconfirmed Build Weeks: 22 --> 36 --> 37 --> 38 --> 37--> 47.
Car actually built in week 34. Build to collection: 6 weeks
Collected Car 5th Oct 2022 :D
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Chris_Shep wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:50 pm

"As of today the system is showing that your order has an estimated build week of week 18, which is 2nd to 8th May."
That's fantastic news. I'd love to have an update like that! I'm the order just before yours on UTumno's spreadsheet and I had an update on 10th Jan, "Your car is still not showing status code 00 yet" :roll:
Yes, I was quite surprised. I was honestly expecting a non-update like so many people have had recently. Plenty of time for things to change though!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
DoctorWho##

Post by DoctorWho## »

Can anyone tell me whether you are able to track your new car order?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

DoctorWho## wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:43 pm Can anyone tell me whether you are able to track your new car order?

@DoctorWho## I was about to ask you to check my driveway on March 1st and let me know if my Tour gets delivered this quarter...

Ahem. But seriously.

As of August 2021, only your dealership can give you information on your order. VW UK won't handle anything other than complaints, and there's no online tracking facility at all. Hence me starting up the Spreadsheet of Doom a few months back to try to see if we could collectively spot any order in the chaos.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
aayron

Post by aayron »

My dealer just phoned to say they have been given the updates on Electric Car deliveries from VW. My car is not now expected until Dec 2022/Jan 2023. So that's 14 months from order date.
Id.3 107KW Family Pro 58kWh, Makena Turquoise, East Derry Wheels
Ordered 30/10/21
Order Number 31528XXX
Build Week 47(2022)
Received Week 4 (2023)
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

andrewparker wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:20 pm
Chris_Shep wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:50 pm

Yes, I was quite surprised. I was honestly expecting a non-update like so many people have had recently. Plenty of time for things to change though!
I'm in the same position, ordered late October and as of last week the order still hadn't been accepted by the factory. It does seem that Build info for October orders is starting to trickle through so I'm still hopeful of hearing some positive in the next couple of weeks.
Just waiting for the time when the dealer realises that May delivery isn't going to happen !
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

I think I might have to amend the build spreadsheet tracker to include the epoch of the world as a point of reference at this rate.

"It was some time in the late Cretaceous that we ordered our VW electric car, and we're still at status 00 now...."
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

I just got off the phone with a dealer a fair abit away from me (I was just doing some rounds to see what the situation is across other dealers in Scotland), and they advised me that if you were to walk in today to order an ID3, VW advised them that the minimum wait time to advise would be 1 year, but likely longer. Bit mad how this is all going. Was hoping to see some improvement to the chip situation by now.
Dogcow

Post by Dogcow »

aayron wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:57 pm My dealer just phoned to say they have been given the updates on Electric Car deliveries from VW. My car is not now expected until Dec 2022/Jan 2023. So that's 14 months from order date.
That’s the same call I had this morning. I think everyone who ordered Sept ‘21 onwards is going to be told the same thing. It could be a case of setting expectations low maybe, but my gut tells me they’ve put back a chunk of ID3 production in order to build ID5 though. If you were a European car maker which country would you give the lowest priority?

I still have a build week of 10 but it’s not confirmed, I won’t be surprised if it vanishes.
—————-
Family Pro Performance ordered 15/9/21
Original build week fifty something
Build Week 11 2022
Code 30 - 23/4/22
Code 36 / 38 / 39 - the following week
Code 40 - 29/4/22
Expected at dealer 10/5/22
Arrived at dealer 16/5/22
Collected 24/5/22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Dogcow wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:41 pm
aayron wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:57 pm My dealer just phoned to say they have been given the updates on Electric Car deliveries from VW. My car is not now expected until Dec 2022/Jan 2023. So that's 14 months from order date.
That’s the same call I had this morning. I think everyone who ordered Sept ‘21 onwards is going to be told the same thing. It could be a case of setting expectations low maybe, but my gut tells me they’ve put back a chunk of ID3 production in order to build ID5 though. If you were a European car maker which country would you give the lowest priority?

I still have a build week of 10 but it’s not confirmed, I won’t be surprised if it vanishes.

Not just ID.5 production, but I suspect the Born and potentially the el-Born as well. New vehicle launches will proceed as usual, due to the mahoosive marketing budgets and lead times associated with them. You may have your cars delayed by 6 months, but that's a very minor irritation to VW compared to cancelling multiple millions of Euros worth of marketing spend.

Plus RHD markets always get screwed first too.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Busman wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:46 pm I am new to this forum and from Ireland.I have an ID.3 Comfort on order.I have been told week 36 production.I am curious as to know what MY 22 or MY 22.5 refers to in terms of the spec and updates in this thread.
I could be wrong but I think that's the Manufacture Year? For us its the equivalent of a 221 or a 222.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

On the plus side, some people may end up with a Y23 model!
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

Cherry wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:15 pm On the plus side, some people may end up with a Y23 model!
Completely unrelated to your point (although that does scare me), your sig notes 13 Sep PCP approved. Just out of curiosity if anyone knows, can you have a VW order number without PCP being approved? Or do they go hand in hand?

I've not explicitly been told my PCP has been approved as far as I can remember, but I have received updates on the car (or lack of).
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Jack1338 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:28 pm
Cherry wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:15 pm On the plus side, some people may end up with a Y23 model!
Completely unrelated to your point (although that does scare me), your sig notes 13 Sep PCP approved. Just out of curiosity if anyone knows, can you have a VW order number without PCP being approved? Or do they go hand in hand?

I've not explicitly been told my PCP has been approved as far as I can remember, but I have received updates on the car (or lack of).
Yes you can. You don't need to take PCP to buy a car. However, if you don't get accepted for PCP before the terms change, you will not get the old terms e.g. if the GFV changes or a deposit contribution changes or is dropped.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

cornbutter wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:59 pm
Busman wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:46 pm I am new to this forum and from Ireland.I have an ID.3 Comfort on order.I have been told week 36 production.I am curious as to know what MY 22 or MY 22.5 refers to in terms of the spec and updates in this thread.
I could be wrong but I think that's the Manufacture Year? For us its the equivalent of a 221 or a 222.
MY stands for Model Year and refers to the model cycle that the car is in, not essentially the year it was built. It is perfectly normal and acceptable to have a car that was built in 2021 but is labelled MY22 due to an update or revision of the model since last edition. Model Year 22.5 is an interim update. There will be a MY23 at some point, probably later this year?
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

I assume a dealer would order a car immediately on the basis PCP is accepted if you apply, but PCP in not necessary to buy the car. I do not see why they would wait for PCP to place the order. So, I think an order number can be provided before PCP acceptance.

I would expect the dealer to tell you if your PCP was rejected. I doubt this would take more than 1 week.

When I ordered it would have been stupid not to take PCP as there was a £1750 VW deposit contribution and it remains if you cancel finance and pay it off within 14-days, which I intend to do. This means VW could have reduced the RRP by £1750. In my case they will waste time (and money) in creating a finance agreement as I will cancel it. I have never understood the business logic - just save time and money and give me £1750 off for a cash deal!
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cherry wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:52 pm

I assume a dealer would order a car immediately on the basis PCP is accepted if you apply, but PCP in not necessary to buy the car. I do not see why they would wait for PCP to place the order. So, I think an order number can be provided before PCP acceptance.

I would expect the dealer to tell you if your PCP was rejected. I doubt this would take more than 1 week.

When I ordered it would have been stupid not to take PCP as there was a £1750 VW deposit contribution and it remains if you cancel finance and pay it off within 14-days, which I intend to do. This means VW could have reduced the RRP by £1750. In my case they will waste time (and money) in creating a finance agreement as I will cancel it. I have never understood the business logic - just save time and money and give me £1750 off for a cash deal!

They generally wait for credit “approval-in-principal” before placing the order as there are financial incentives for dealers selling VWFS products.

Cherry is quite right, if your PCP was declined you’d hear about it in under a week.

That APR you’re paying on PCP goes as profit to the dealer and the “discount” you’re getting is far less than the interest over the PCP period. This is why it’s not a straight cash customer discount!

The dealer hates people who cancel in 14 days, because they don’t get their kickbacks. But you still get your discount, and you’re perfectly within your statutory rights to do so. The business sense behind the PCP discount and it’s operation is pretty simple and clear really, once you follow the money.

One final thing - there is constant lobbying from many manufacturers to remove the statutory 14 day withdrawal period and the voluntary termination setup on Contract Purchases because those two things cost the industry lots and lots of money.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

N21

Post by N21 »

If this is accurate, curious to know what will happen to OZEV grant payouts given i) the scheme's gradual phasing out, and ii) that grant orders are only valid for 9 months before they expire...
N21

Post by N21 »

Utumno wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:11 pmThey generally wait for credit “approval-in-principal” before placing the order as there are financial incentives for dealers selling VWFS products.

Cherry is quite right, if your PCP was declined you’d hear about it in under a week.

That APR you’re paying on PCP goes as profit to the dealer and the “discount” you’re getting is far less than the interest over the PCP period. This is why it’s not a straight cash customer discount!

The dealer hates people who cancel in 14 days, because they don’t get their kickbacks. But you still get your discount, and you’re perfectly within your statutory rights to do so. The business sense behind the PCP discount and it’s operation is pretty simple and clear really, once you follow the money.

One final thing - there is constant lobbying from many manufacturers to remove the statutory 14 day withdrawal period and the voluntary termination setup on Contract Purchases because those two things cost the industry lots and lots of money.
My dealer specifically suggested the 14 day cancellation process to me when ordering. Wouldn't even be aware of it if they hadn't!