ID.3 Owner to be.

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
SimmoUK

Post by SimmoUK »

Hi everyone,

I've been following the forum for a couple of months so thought it was about time to introduce myself and take the opportunity to say thanks to the many contributing members for all the valuable info and experiences shared.

My story so far...
I ordered a Life Pro Performance in Moonstone with Derry Alloys on 11th November. (From Vertu, Huddersfield) A ridiculously good px offer on my '20 Polo GTI+ swayed me!

A recent mail update confirmed my car would be a MY 22.5 with the new dash pad and door cards. It has a provisional build week of 24.

Really looking forward to getting the ID3 but assuming it'll be late summer at best before I get my hands on it. Good things come to those who wait (and wait and wait!)

@Utumno - happy to be added to your spreadsheet.
Life Pro Performance.
Ordered Nov '21. Delivered Feb '23
Zappi 2. Home Solar/battery.

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Welcome, and good work getting a decent discount from Hudds VW. I’ve been using them for 15+ years (we’re in Upperthong, Holmfirth), so naturally tried them first, but they could only offer a few hundred quid off.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

SimmoUK wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:46 pm Hi everyone,

I've been following the forum for a couple of months so thought it was about time to introduce myself and take the opportunity to say thanks to the many contributing members for all the valuable info and experiences shared.

My story so far...
I ordered a Life Pro Performance in Moonstone with Derry Alloys on 11th November. (From Vertu, Huddersfield) A ridiculously good px offer on my '20 Polo GTI+ swayed me!

A recent mail update confirmed my car would be a MY 22.5 with the new dash pad and door cards. It has a provisional build week of 24.

Really looking forward to getting the ID3 but assuming it'll be late summer at best before I get my hands on it. Good things come to those who wait (and wait and wait!)

Hi SimmoUK,

That’s quite funny. I’ve got a ‘69 plate Polo Gti+ that I got valued out of curiosity due to the used car prices. I was so shocked I decided to try an ID3 since I was planning to go electric next anyway.

I got offered nearly £5000 more than I have outstanding on PCP to trade it in so decided I’d be mad not to take advantage of the ludicrous used car price situation.

As you can see, I’ve gone for the same as you but in white 👍
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
SimmoUK

Post by SimmoUK »

Thanks for the warm welcome 😀

I bought my Polo 2 days after dealer showrooms were allowed to reopen after the first 2020 lockdown. I got an amazing deal on a late rder cancellation from my local dealer (Johnsons Warrington). I almost got my money back on the purchase price with the px on the ID3. I've done really well from VWs deposit contributions.

I love driving the Polo but looking forward to the space and ride comfort of the ID3.

Good to see your expected delivery week has moved forward. There's hope for the rest of us yet.
Life Pro Performance.
Ordered Nov '21. Delivered Feb '23
Zappi 2. Home Solar/battery.
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

SimmoUK wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:20 pm Thanks for the warm welcome 😀

I bought my Polo 2 days after dealer showrooms were allowed to reopen after the first 2020 lockdown. I got an amazing deal on a late rder cancellation from my local dealer (Johnsons Warrington). I almost got my money back on the purchase price with the px on the ID3. I've done really well from VWs deposit contributions.

I love driving the Polo but looking forward to the space and ride comfort of the ID3.

Good to see your expected delivery week has moved forward. There's hope for the rest of us yet.
The Polo is great fun but that DSG box feels right jerky after trying electric! I think I’ll probably miss the sound for a while though. I had the previous version GTi before and the sound that thing made was amazing; It used to proper DSG fart 🤣 was like a thump when it changed gear in sport mode!

My dates are far from the norm unfortunately. I won’t believe it 100% until I have the car, but my dealer told me my car was one they ordered for stock that they changed to my specs. The order date in my signature is when I ordered it but probably not when it was actually ordered.
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

SimmoUK wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:46 pm Hi everyone,

My story so far...

Thanks, and welcome ! May your wait be short ! 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

SimmoUK wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:20 pm Thanks for the warm welcome 😀

Also swapped a Polo GTI+ and A4 for 2 x ID3s. Glad to be shot of DSG on the Polo which was begging for a manual box. Lack of tramping on the ID3 and instant pickup when you hit the accelerator will be the first things you notice.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565