Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

N21 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:12 pm My dealer specifically suggested the 14 day cancellation process to me when ordering. Wouldn't even be aware of it if they hadn't!

Nice to see a sales representative on the side of the customer. His sales manager must hate them.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

N21 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 pm If this is accurate, curious to know what will happen to OZEV grant payouts given i) the scheme's gradual phasing out, and ii) that grant orders are only valid for 9 months before they expire...
If you are referring to the plug-in grant then chip shortages may qualify for exceptional circumstances. The dealer can apply for an extension.
I will ask mine to as I do not want a 22 plate for 3 days!

"Such orders will not be reinstated except in exceptional circumstances and at OZEV's discretion or if an extension to the usual 9 month deadline has been granted."
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
N21

Post by N21 »

Cherry wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:27 pm
N21 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:10 pm If this is accurate, curious to know what will happen to OZEV grant payouts given i) the scheme's gradual phasing out, and ii) that grant orders are only valid for 9 months before they expire...
OZEV is for home chargers.

If you are referring to the plug-in grant then chip shortages may qualify for exceptional circumstances. The dealer can apply for an extension.
I will ask mine to as I do not want a 22 plate for 3 days!

"Such orders will not be reinstated except in exceptional circumstances and at OZEV's discretion or if an extension to the usual 9 month deadline has been granted."
OZEV covers chargers (EVHS) and vehicles (PIVG).

I guess it's up to them whether these would qualify or not.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

PICG has been automatically extended to 12 months since November 2020, with a review due in February 2022.

And Cherry is quite right in that the dealer can apply for a longer extension if necessary. Though as we are not yet at 12 month lead times, that issue seems moot. One source below for that info:

https://www.am-online.com/amp/news/late ... ant-orders
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Utumno wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:36 pm PICG has been automatically extended to 12 months since November 2020, with a review due in February 2022.

And Cherry is quite right in that the dealer can apply for a longer extension if necessary. Though as we are not yet at 12 month lead times, that issue seems moot. One source below for that info:

https://www.am-online.com/amp/news/late ... ant-orders
Phew! I want do not want a 25th July registration for my second car. I would wait for 1st Sep (and time to sell it)! :D
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

You have to wonder woth the current lead time now more than 12 months and people having thier orders pushed back what the reputational damage to vw is as well as thier ev market share, Tesla seemingly are able to still get cars out in much shorter timescales vw need to come out and explain why they are so seemingly paralysed by the chip shortage and improve thier communication to thier customers.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

It seems to me there was a cutover in early August (with honourable mentions to a few unlucky July orders) where delivery times suddenly got significantly worse, from 4-5 months to 7-8 months +.
I wonder whether this is caused by a worsening chip situation, an increase in demand, or a realisation that it was out of control and they needed to start giving more pessimistic delivery schedules to create headroom. I think most people are understanding of the chip shortage issues but communication is key. I think rather than just remove the delivery tracker they should have replaced it with something that gave a slightly more descriptive status with a better breakdown of the period from order placement to build, that might have helped.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

I think its been mentioned before, but I think the Cupra Born being released will have knocked back a lot of our ID3 orders - they'll knock out of lot of those on the trot you would think, then get back to the VW orders
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

soupdragon wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:49 am I think its been mentioned before, but I think the Cupra Born being released will have knocked back a lot of our ID3 orders - they'll knock out of lot of those on the trot you would think, then get back to the VW orders
It'll be intriguing within the UK if we start seeing folk get Cupra Borns before those who ordered an ID3 before, say, the start of 2022. As I understand though, Cupra UK aren't taking orders for the Born yet?
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Becoming a bit of a joke if its 12 months+ to be honest. Other EV manufacturers don't seem to have the same issues, a quick google on electric lease deals and there are plenty there are showing as 'in stock' or '8 weeks delivery'. ID3 must be REALLY popular or VW have just got things hugely wrong.
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Jack1338 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:20 am
soupdragon wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:49 am I think its been mentioned before, but I think the Cupra Born being released will have knocked back a lot of our ID3 orders - they'll knock out of lot of those on the trot you would think, then get back to the VW orders
It'll be intriguing within the UK if we start seeing folk get Cupra Borns before those who ordered an ID3 before, say, the start of 2022. As I understand though, Cupra UK aren't taking orders for the Born yet?

Order books are reportedly open already. No idea how realistic the lead times people are being quoted though. I think it's an absolute dead cert that Cupra Born pre-orders will gazump ID.3 production, and probably already have.

https://www.cupraofficial.co.uk/our-dna ... unced.html

Milton Keynes, 15 December 2021 – CUPRA UK has today announced the price of the brand’s first all-electric performance hatchback, Born, with first deliveries expected towards the end of Q1 2022.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Sanya

Post by Sanya »

I’ve taken the plunge and asked for an update from my dealer 3 months after placing my order.

The salesperson is still saying we are good for April, even though production is running 8 to 9 weeks late.

Feel free to add these details to the spreadsheet if it is of help.

D575148F-D14F-4A4F-BE0F-764EBD669372.jpeg

Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Hemming91 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:50 am Becoming a bit of a joke if its 12 months+ to be honest. Other EV manufacturers don't seem to have the same issues, a quick google on electric lease deals and there are plenty there are showing as 'in stock' or '8 weeks delivery'. ID3 must be REALLY popular or VW have just got things hugely wrong.

I don't see why it can't be both of those either/or things, simultaneously 😂

Also, you should be very suspicious indeed of anything being quoted by any leasing company as "In Stock" unless after talking to them they're able to give you a legitimate VIN number of the vehicle under discussion!

Often "In Stock" to a leasing company means "On Order Already", and therefore the lead time for an "In Stock" vehicle can be 12 months...
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Sanya wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:02 am I’ve taken the plunge and asked for an update from my dealer 3 months after placing my order.

The salesperson is still saying we are good for April, even though production is running 8 to 9 weeks late.

Feel free to add these details to the spreadsheet if it is of help.

D575148F-D14F-4A4F-BE0F-764EBD669372.jpeg

Thanks @Sanya! I wish production were only running 8-9 weeks late, at least for the Tour!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Utumno wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:59 am
Jack1338 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:20 am

Order books are reportedly open already. No idea how realistic the lead times people are being quoted though. I think it's an absolute dead cert that Cupra Born pre-orders will gazump ID.3 production, and probably already have.

https://www.cupraofficial.co.uk/our-dna ... unced.html

Milton Keynes, 15 December 2021 – CUPRA UK has today announced the price of the brand’s first all-electric performance hatchback, Born, with first deliveries expected towards the end of Q1 2022.
I actually prefer the Born's looks to the ID3, but I can't get any figures out of any suppliers for a lease yet. They must have been building them for some time now if they are expecting the first models to be delivered by March 2022. Would explain why all our ID3's keep getting pushed back :roll:
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

We ordered ours 04/08/21, Life pro in Makena, with assistance plus pack and andoyas, originally told Nov 2021, then Jan 22, then build was moved to week 10, then 14, now it’s back to 00. Still no update of a new build week.

Still could be worse, I ordered a Q4 same day, suppose to be Jan 21 delivery. Now build week 42 2022 😂
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

I manage our fleet at work and thought id ask our main supplier about the Born, got the below:

“I have had a conversation with SEAT this week.

Open for ordering has been put back to March (was originally January).

We have some of the data at the moment, but no List Prices.”

Looks like the Born is/will have the same issues too....
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Hemming91 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:55 am
Open for ordering has been put back to March (was originally January).
Ordering in March, but the killer question is when will delivery be ?
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

I just had the call. My order as a build week of 29 status 10, estimate delivery end of September. If they actually meet that that will be 48 - 50 weeks total since the factory accepting the order :-( I might have to rethink this. I will post on here if I cancel, might free up a Life Pro Performance if someone is after one!!
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

darknite1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:10 pm I just had the call. My order as a build week of 29 status 10, estimate delivery end of September. If they actually meet that that will be 48 - 50 weeks total since the factory accepting the order :-( I might have to rethink this. I will post on here if I cancel, might free up a Life Pro Performance if someone is after one!!
I know the pain, it’s looking like a year for myself. I think there will be a lot of people in our situation. I’ve sent an email to Volkswagen as I have lost all faith in there ability to deliver the car this year, which is totally unacceptable to myself :(