Cheers!

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Emanuel

Post by Emanuel »

I'm Emanuel from Sweden. I have loved cars since I was a kid, I'm a massive F1 fan and enjoy engineering in general. I picked up my glacier white ID.3 as my first EV just before christmas. While I was pretty confident I would like the car (didn't test drive, spent roughly 10 minutes with the salesman) I was surprised at how nice it really is. It's not that the interior is anything special or that any particular part is amazing, but the interior is good, the drivetrain is good and it feels good to drive. However, I find that the aides, the drivetrain and the interior together are greater than the sum of their parts. All parts come together to make a very relaxing driving experience for highway cruising that is still more engaging fun when you push it a bit than I would expect from a basic A to B car. I'm quite amazed at how different it feels from my previous Volvo station wagon or other cars I've driven which has gotten me much more excited about EVs and so... here I am. I figured I'd just introduce myself quickly and elaborate on how I ended up here and say hi. First two points done, so here goes number three:
Hi!

rthomps7

Post by rthomps7 »

Yes. Quite right. All the "noise" about EVs relates to range and infrastructure & charging time & software issues. The (nice, big) elephant in the room is that EVs, definitely including ID.3, are significantly better to drive than petrol/diesel vehicles. And the running cost is lower too.
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Hi @Emanuel and @rthomps - I agree that the ID.3 is a great car - I really enjoy driving it. I just wish VW would get their act together to sort out the software problems but that should happen before we come out of lockdown 3.0!! :lol:
rthomps7

Post by rthomps7 »

Where are the USB sockets in my ID.3 Life, please ?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

My 1st has 2 USBs at the front of the main centre console bin, plus another 2 for the rear passengers on the back end of that same bin.
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

rthomps7 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:36 pm Where are the USB sockets in my ID.3 Life, please ?
You're not looking for USB A sockets are you? The ID.3 has USB C sockets. If you only have type A cables you will need a USB A > USB C adaptor.
rthomps7

Post by rthomps7 »

Thanks. Now know what to do.
Emanuel

Post by Emanuel »

rthomps7 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:36 pm Where are the USB sockets in my ID.3 Life, please ?
Didn't check back here very soon. Just like someone already mentioned, there are 4 USB-C. If you need type A ones I believe you are out of luck.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I think maybe the Life model only has the USB-C sockets in the compartment between the front seats. The two for the rear seat passengers (which are for charging only - not data transfer) are only on the more expensive models.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
ColinID3

Post by ColinID3 »

Hi Heidi
My life model has the USB-c in both locations. But good to know the rear ones are for power only, hadn't realised this.
Thanks
Life Pro performance, Makena, 19" Andoya, Heat-pump, Nov'20 build, 23/12/20 delivery. Now with 2.1
Emanuel

Post by Emanuel »

ColinID3 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:13 am Hi Heidi
My life model has the USB-c in both locations. But good to know the rear ones are for power only, hadn't realised this.
Thanks
Indeed, mine is also a Life trim model and I have all 4.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

ColinID3 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:13 am Hi Heidi
Thanks
Thanks. I wonder where I got the idea the Life model didn't have the USB connectors on the back. Maybe it's the base model with the smaller battery that's not yet available?
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot