Frozen washer jets

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
RDR

Post by RDR »

Wish the jets were heated. Had to pull over this morning they were frozen solid and remained so for 29miles - visibility became bad due to the salt I couldn’t clear the screen.

I’m still on the screen wash it was delivered with which im guessing could be diluted Sumer mix too.

stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

They are heated on some models - I know our 1st edition certainly has them! Sorry, I know this doesn’t help you directly! Pretty standard on most VAG cars - some specs have winter pack as standard - others winter pack is an option...I’m sure some it’s not even available as an option...
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
RDR

Post by RDR »

Hmm mines is a 1st edition definitely didn’t defrost this morning! I’ll take a look tomorrow.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

RDR wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:49 pm Hmm mines is a 1st edition definitely didn’t defrost this morning! I’ll take a look tomorrow.
Ahh...well at least you're part way there then! Perhaps it was so cold that the water froze in the pipe (only the jets are heated).....in which case then it may just be the dilution of the fluid being too high?

One of the downsides of EV is that there is no engine heat to thaw the pipes/water bottle - so a higher concentration of washer fluid is potentially required compared to ICE.
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
RDR

Post by RDR »

that's what I'm thinking its still the original screen wash that came at delivery so bound to be cheap watered down stuff.