ID3 Map Keyboard - I this how it should look?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
owlservice

Post by owlservice »

Afternoon all,

I got my Family Pro Performance yesterday, and love it! :-)

One thing that is bugging me with the ID navigation is the keyboard. It has extra symbols on it. Can I change the keyboard's appearance? See attached...

IMG_2803.jpg

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Only if you ordered the Brexit pack
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Hit the home button and go into settings. Look for additional keyboard languages and change it there.

Manual
owlservice

Post by owlservice »

Thank you! :-)
NoddyNinja

Post by NoddyNinja »

Question: What language do you select for a standard “QWERTY” keyboard
nkajkmuk

Post by nkajkmuk »

Has anyone been able to fix it? I have UK English chosen but it still appears with the additional characters as in the picture above.
ID3 - Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys - Order 11 Oct 2021 JCB Group
Confirmed Build Week 34 - Build complete 26 Aug 2022 - Landed in UK on 26 Sep 2022 - Delivered 5 Oct 2022
TimF

Post by TimF »

For me, as soon as the "123" key is pressed (eg for entering postcodes) the accented (etc) characters disappear and a numerical (etc) row appears.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Old thread, but same problem. No additional languages selected.

Can the additional characters be removed from the crowded keyboard?
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
webw06

Post by webw06 »

I haven't figured out a way either. It is rather annoying as it makes for a very crowded keyboard. From what I could gather, there is no 'standard' Qwerty keyboard available that will make the accented characters go away.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

webw06 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:06 pm I haven't figured out a way either. It is rather annoying as it makes for a very crowded keyboard. From what I could gather, there is no 'standard' Qwerty keyboard available that will make the accented characters go away.
Thanks for that. It isn't clear when using. Yet another first world problem for me to deal with!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I don't understand the issue, they are not added as extra keys, and you have to long press to get the option for the extra characters? Removing them isn't going to make the keyboard layout any different.
danielt

Post by danielt »

G43FAN wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:20 am I don't understand the issue, they are not added as extra keys, and you have to long press to get the option for the extra characters? Removing them isn't going to make the keyboard layout any different.
I found having labels diagonal corners of each "key" screws up they way I target the key. I'm trained by Android and countless other (sane) touch keyboards that if I want a Q character then I should press on the Q. When the label off-centre like it is on my ID.3 then I am basically being invited to press the corner of the key where is meets W, A and S and, predictably, this results in .lgx (sorry, I means lots) of needless typing errors.

Can I retrain myself to target up and left and press on the empty space where there is no label? Sure. Do I like it? Absolutely not.
danielt

Post by danielt »

Actually, I just realized the keyboard on my ID.3 is more complex than the screenshot at the top... if I could get it looking like the one at the top of the thread I'd be very happy.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

danielt wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:55 pm
G43FAN wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:20 am I don't understand the issue, they are not added as extra keys, and you have to long press to get the option for the extra characters? Removing them isn't going to make the keyboard layout any different.
I found having labels diagonal corners of each "key" screws up they way I target the key. I'm trained by Android and countless other (sane) touch keyboards that if I want a Q character then I should press on the Q. When the label off-centre like it is on my ID.3 then I am basically being invited to press the corner of the key where is meets W, A and S and, predictably, this results in .lgx (sorry, I means lots) of needless typing errors.

Can I retrain myself to target up and left and press on the empty space where there is no label? Sure. Do I like it? Absolutely not.
Interesting, I have just realised that the DELL Laptop I use for work and the external keyboard both have the offset (top left) labeling position, mybe I am so used to that is why I don't see it as an issue.