ME2.0 update cancelled

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:44 pm I doubt this has anything to do with the spec, voice control is standard across the whole range.
Thanks as you say this is what all of VW's brochures / web pages / advertising have said, hence my disappointment, as this to me would be the most useful piece of voice as temperature control in the dark is a distracting activity as the controls are not lit up.

I am stuck in the "computer says no situation" - if I mention cold / heat car tells me it can't do it and help menu says it too.

If on the Infotainment system you go to Help - Voice Control - Air Conditioning - what does yours say? Mine says NO - see message image above.

Please could somebody with 0783 on a Life or Business model try to control heat by voice and let me know if it works - thanks.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire

stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

simonrg wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:14 am
scott28tt wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:44 pm I doubt this has anything to do with the spec, voice control is standard across the whole range.
Thanks as you say this is what all of VW's brochures / web pages / advertising have said, hence my disappointment, as this to me would be the most useful piece of voice as temperature control in the dark is a distracting activity as the controls are not lit up.

I am stuck in the "computer says no situation" - if I mention cold / heat car tells me it can't do it and help menu says it too.

If on the Infotainment system you go to Help - Voice Control - Air Conditioning - what does yours say? Mine says NO - see message image above.

Please could somebody with 0783 on a Life or Business model try to control heat by voice and let me know if it works - thanks.
Just had a look at this for you...here is a screenshot of the relevant help page in our 1st Ed. Never actually gone into the help section before!

966B7E75-E6C4-4808-8C8F-ED69202A4A2F.jpeg

The bit I don’t understand with what you’re seeing is the reference to ‘not available in this language’ - makes me think something is amiss somewhere.

Had a look again at the spec - ‘natural language voice control’ is fixed spec on all models. The only relevant variable I can see may be ‘comfort pack plus’ - which provides 2-zone climate + heated seats etc..... but no explicit reference to a difference in voice control.

Still need someone else with a life/business to chime in I think...
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

I have a life pro bought 23rd dec which was updated to me 2.0 in early jan. I can’t get voice activation of ac either and have the same message. I’m contacting dealer next week for that and the miles to km speed warning. Also I can’t get remote warming apart from 1 time when plugged in. Lost being able to warm seats or steering wheel in app, much the same as others. No delayed charging etc. I’ve also lost the automatic wiper function..
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

mph/kmh speed limit warnings - VW know about this issue but don’t currently have a fix, by all means report it to your dealer though.

I spoke to VW UK about it this week, it’s currently escalated to the factory.
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

Mine went into the dealer on Wednesday afternoon to ensure it was "up to temperature" for the ME2 update to commence on Thursday morning! Had a call this afternoon Friday to say they had been online with VW in Germany to sort issues out and hopefully I will get an update on Monday as to when it will be ready to collect! My patients is beginning to wear! I did decline a loan vehicle. I have only driven 350 miles in it from new. VW have really screwed up with this launch. Still happy, almost, as got an email about my previous 3 diesel Golfs and they all fit the category for the diesel-gate claim which is well underway now!
Very disappointed with the ID3, though a nice vehicle to look at!!
ID3 1st Ed.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Anybody got a Life or Business with 0783 without heat pump, please could you see if Voice Control of heating works, thanks.
Kelloggs wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:31 pm I have a life pro bought 23rd dec which was updated to me 2.0 in early jan. I can’t get voice activation of ac either and have the same message. I’m contacting dealer next week for that and the miles to km speed warning. Also I can’t get remote warming apart from 1 time when plugged in. Lost being able to warm seats or steering wheel in app, much the same as others. No delayed charging etc. I’ve also lost the automatic wiper function..
Thanks and sorry you have the problem.
So it is not just me, I guess we don't know if it is the spec i.e. Life/Business vs First or if it is the heat pump which doesn't work with Voice Control.
Either way it is silly as my heating can be controlled by app so it is linked into the full software framework, just not by Voice Control.
I had a loan Life for 15 days on 0564 on which Voice Control of heating didn't work, so it might work on 0783.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Jel

Post by Jel »

So after having my first booking cancelled in Dec I had my ID3 booked in for the 4th of Feb. Now 8 days later I've just been told it needs a new ECU. If it takes 30 days do get the new ECU delivered like some have mentioned I will flip.

I'm really not impressed with VW at the moment.
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Jel wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:05 pm So after having my first booking cancelled in Dec I had my ID3 booked in for the 4th of Feb. Now 8 days later I've just been told it needs a new ECU. If it takes 30 days do get the new ECU delivered like some have mentioned I will flip.

I'm really not impressed with VW at the moment.
Assuming VW are still producing ID.3s in Germany, then ECUs are available in Germany, so the delay is VW prioritising building new ID.3s over repairing your ID.3 for 30 days.
I am sure you are doing this sort of thing, but ask dealer how long YOUR ECU will take to arrive, ask for assurances and if they say it is down to VW then ask for the contact in VW to seek confirmation from and to get the delay reduced to less than 5 days.
Talk to VW Customer Care.
I find the whole VW customer experience deeply unimpressive, I got my car immediately had issues, took 3 weeks to get into taken back by dealer and only then because I contacted VW to get permission for the dealer to do work under warranty, VW would not let me talk to anybody technical, so each interaction involves me providing information waiting for customer service to get information from VW technical, then took 2 weeks at dealers as they could not get a slot for VW technical team to support them.
Good luck.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

This is an interesting thread to keep running. I think SW will ultimately occupy a big slice of the ID3 chat.
My upgrade was scheduled for today. I had an emai, text and phone call reminder of my appointment at Beadles Chelmsford Essex, a 23 mile drive from my home.
Turned up, deposited my car and keys, collected the courtesy car and drove away. 10 minutes later I received a call from them to advise that they have been instructed by VW that they cannot carry out SW updates until further notice following a series of LOCK-OUTS? so I need to return and pick my car back up???????
How on Earth that happens I dont know and I am none the wiser as to when I get upgraded from 0564.
Pretty dissapointing.
They discounted me £4 on textile car mats I had ordered for the inconveinience of wasting my time and trouble for a round trip of 3 hours.
Still enough complaining, I enjoyed the drive and returned 3.7miles/kwh on a 46 mile run and it was good to get out of lockdown at home for a few hours.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Daveion wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm ....
Turned up, deposited my car and keys, collected the courtesy car and drove away. 10 minutes later I received a call from them to advise that they have been instructed by VW that they cannot carry out SW updates until further notice following a series of LOCK-OUTS? so I need to return and pick my car back up???????
Do you know if they were trying to install 2.1 or presumably 2.0?
Lock-outs on 2.1 would not be good news and is the "cannot carry out SW updates until further notice" just Beadles or every other VW dealer.
Good luck next time and glad you had a good driver through the Essex(?) countryside.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks Simon
I just had a call from their Customer Service with a clearer explaination having submitted a complaint earlier.
It is a fire wall issue they have at Beadles. They stated that the SW centre that is in Texas that provides the SW upgrades found data tranfers were being interupted by the Beadles fire wall causing corruption that resulted in car LOCK -OUTS? This was exacerbated by inclement weather in Texas resulting in a lack of personell to help resolve the fire wall issue.
Fact is always stranger than fiction. You just could not make that story up. They are going to call me back when the fire wall issue is resolved.
In the meantime 0564 and I are becoming best buds. 😄
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Dave, thanks for clarification, very much case of failure occurs at the weakest link, as you say one couldn't make it up. Good luck.
0564 mainly works, my frustration was that I had been promised various features on the ID.3 would exceed what my Auris hybrid did. So when 0564 failed to warn of speed limits, it wouldn't route to a number of stored destinations plus dealer assured first journey without charging proved dealer's lack of EV knowledge, I felt let down. Very much first world problems, and I like your philosophy of enjoying the ride, but currently dealers / VW do seem to disappoint ID.3 drivers rather a lot.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Yes Simon, agreed.
My biggest bug with 0564 is that it seems inconsistent. I thought at first it was me changjng settings but it is definitely not. Symbols come and go, ambient temperature the same, sometimes it decides it will regen brake in D sometimes not.
Thats why I feel we are becoming freinds. It has a personality of its own so I get in, talk nicely to it and see what comes next. So far talking nicely seems to stop the screen freezing but maybe thats because my pep talks are never less than 20 seconds 😄
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Davelon's last post reminded me of the Faulty Towers sketch where John Cleese gave the Austin Maxi a good thrashing with a branch! Hope it doesn't ever come to that but I'm going out this morning to look for a suitable branch to keep handy.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

There will be a few trees missing branches !

Ours get a chat every morning and unfortunately a few profanities when strange random things happen (we are on 0784), definitely a huge improvement but still a temper tester all too often!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
mez

Post by mez »

The availability of these software updates seems very spotty. Surprisingly my local dealer routinely updated my ID3 to 0784 yesterday without a murmur. I say routinely, it was primarily an attempt to solve the alarm going off randomly in the night. So far so good.

-The on-screen home key is now on the right of the screen.
-There is no delay while the infotainment boots up anymore. (No VW-logo-on-black-screen phase)
-We Connect app still does not control aircon- same error messages as before. Only range / charge level is displayed. No other features are shown or work in the app.
-Apple CarPlay now works!! Thank god. ..
-...because the ID3 voice control is still utterly hopeless. 100% Unusable. And for navigation, voice control still does not work AT ALL.
-WiFi is now enabled. Car can use your home WiFi as well as it’s 4G.
-Can also appear to be able to use the car’s 4G as a hotspot now but have not tested this yet.
-VW dealer has a shiny new fast CCS charger out front and they were kind enough to fill me up.
Last edited by mez on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ID.3 150kW Life Pro Performance 62kWh, v0792, battleship grey.
I recommend Octopus Energy: Receive a £50 credit with this signup link: share.octopus.energy/shy-wasp-900
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Your dealer had a fault that they could log onto VW’s system as a warranty claim so they could get paid for the work they did on your car, which just happened to include the update to the core software version to 0783.

I’ve still had my alarm go off on it’s own once since a workshop visit and that software version update last month, so that fault remains on my list for the next visit.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Im still dreaming of getting 0565...1 at a time 😁
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Kelloggs wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:31 pm I have a life pro bought 23rd dec which was updated to me 2.0 in early jan. I can’t get voice activation of ac either and have the same message. I’m contacting dealer next week for that and the miles to km speed warning. Also I can’t get remote warming apart from 1 time when plugged in. Lost being able to warm seats or steering wheel in app, much the same as others. No delayed charging etc. I’ve also lost the automatic wiper function..

Did your automatic wiper issue get fixed?

Mine just stopped working today. The car is going in for a 2.1 update on Monday, together with a list of issues to be resolved.
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

It’s in today. Got a call saying it will be ready tomorrow, 6 hr update from 2.0.to 2.1 so I’m hoping it’s ok. I’ll update asap
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404