New Tour ordered

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Derry

Post by Derry »

We ordered a Tour on 9th Jan. The VW site still says 2 of 7 with factory. Dealer advised nearly 2 weeks ago that it was to be built in week 4 which was I think 27th Jan?
I have seen a lot of comments that the VW site is " always out of date"?
Has anyone any information on how to get a reasonably accurate idea on when the car might be delivered?

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I found the most accurate way was through the dealer. They seem to have access to a much better system than the 'track your order' site that the customer can use. My dealer told me there was a big backlog of cars sitting in those massive parks near Grimsby. Apparently VW sent a load of cars to the uk before brexit to avoid possible import duties, and they are shifting these out to the dealers, but because of the volume this is slow. My car was built on schedule in week 2 but is I'm told now in the UK waiting onward delivery. It was due delivery week 6 but this has been missed. Hopefully next week but I'm not holding my breath.
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

You seem to have a very short delivery time - it must be a stock item. My order for a Tour was placed on 6th January and current status is build week 22!
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Stone washed Blue | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | Wallbox Home Charger
Derry

Post by Derry »

Yes we were lucky in that the dealer had put in some orders in their own name and as we wanted tour with heat pump in standard grey they transferred one of their orders to us. We asked how long a different colour would take we were told at least 6/8 weeks extra! We were
told the car we weregetting was scheduled to be built in week 3, dealer advised week 4 on 1st Feb web site still not showing build week at all. Web site is no use at all, have just asked dealer.
BFA

Post by BFA »

I want to put an order for a Tour, do you guys know what the back seats look like? I can’t find any photo and the dealer I’ve asked doesn’t seem very informed, is the bench split?
By Stevieboy comment, if I put an order know, I shouldn’t expect it before July, long time :(
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

That's the model I want if I get an ID3 and I found these two photos:

Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
BFA

Post by BFA »

Thank you Bengeo,

I would have preferred the bench not split but I understand why they’ve done it.
It looks quite good.
I think I’ll also go for this model, I was between the Tour and the Max, they have similar price with similar equipment, we exchange the glass roof and the 5th seat for an extra 30% range, I think it’s worthy.
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

I think it looks good. I'd want the extra range too. Are you going for the heat pump?

BFA

Post by BFA »

In the first tests I’ve seen on YouTube the heat pump doesn’t seem to give the expected savings, I’m waiting to see if the software update will correct whatever is wrong. If it proofs the extra efficiency I’ll definitely add it.
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Yes, hopefully the software updates will fix the heat pump, otherwise early tests don't look too impressive. Especially because we don't live in arctic conditions all the time.

Derry

Post by Derry »

As an update, Dealer says our tour is built and at docks in Germany expects delivery in 1/2 weeks! VW website still shows 2 of 7 with factory and no build week!!!!
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

I hope it's installed with v2.1 software for you!
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Stone washed Blue | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | Wallbox Home Charger
BFA

Post by BFA »

An update from my side,
I’ve ordered a Tour today :), I wanted it with heat pump but the dealer told me that a custom built delivery would take long, around August, they were getting a few without the heat pump next month and I bought one.
Exciting!, I hope it’ll come with the final software, not sure yet.