Scheduled Charging S/W 3.0 + Easee One home charger.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
mramcha

Post by mramcha »

I read all the issues people have had with car driven scheduled charging, and was hoping things would work.

Yesterday, my Easee was installed, and I set everything as follows:

Basically, the behavior I want (at the moment) is for me to plug the car in at the end of the day, and I then want it to do nothing until 00:30, and charge either to 80% or until 4:30, whichever comes sooner.

On the car, I created a location (Home), and for that location set:
Charge Immediately: 0%
Preferred Charge Time: 80%
No departure time set.

On the Easee, I simply made it dumb. No schedule, locked cable.

I’m happy to report that it all worked perfectly. Started charging at half midnight, with 31.8 amps, 7.4kw, and got to 80% at around 4:15am.

In other words…. It just worked.

One of the things I need to play around with is cable lock and access. Obviously, I think I want to have access control so that someone can’t just turn up and use my charger on my driveway, but I need to make sure that once access is granted, that it stays granted as long as the cable remains plugged in. (It looks as if that’s the way it worked last night).

The second thing to play with is the added complication, in I hope several months time, when I will want to heat the car up before setting off in the morning. I obviously want to do the same charging routine, but I also want to set a departure time to do the heating. How will doing that affect my charging routine? I guess I’ll find out.

Anyway, I suppose people will be relieved to hear that the simple case of charging to 80% during Octopus Go simply works driven by the car schedule.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jun 22), Moonshot Gray / MY22.5 S/W 3.0 . Easee One Charger (16th June).