Departure times in app

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

I've never seen them there. Has anybody?
Saw in Battery Life video only.
Android app.
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

What software version does your car have?
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

I’m on Apple not Android - but yes that functionality is there for us and working perfectly.... wife uses it every day - programmed on repeat for the days she works and ‘ad hoc’ for other days (there are 2 setting options)
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Deleted User 192

stu-evs wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:41 pm I’m on Apple not Android - but yes that functionality is there for us and working perfectly.... wife uses it every day - programmed on repeat for the days she works and ‘ad hoc’ for other days (there are 2 setting options)

Working perfectly for charging to a certain % by the departure time?
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

scott28tt wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:26 am
stu-evs wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:41 pm I’m on Apple not Android - but yes that functionality is there for us and working perfectly.... wife uses it every day - programmed on repeat for the days she works and ‘ad hoc’ for other days (there are 2 setting options)

Working perfectly for charging to a certain % by the departure time?
Depending on what you mean by your question I think the answer is yes!

There is no specific functionality in the ‘Departure Times’ part of the app to set charge percentage....you can only set departure time & desired cabin temp. But elsewhere in the ‘Settings’ section of the app you can obviously set charging percent (which we have set to 80%). And the result of these 2 settings combined is that the car/app does a good job of keeping the car up at 80% ready for the exact time of departure (i.e. even in the pretty cold recent weather with cabin heat and battery heating etc. running during that ‘warm up’ period pre-departure, the car was pulling variable charge levels from the charger to back-fill what was being used and ensure it was 80% at the desired departure time...)

Does this answer your question?!
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Deleted User 192

Sort of.

It was only the charge part I was interested in, given that my cheap rate tariff ends at 01:30 I tried to use departure times in the location-based charging settings on the car to get the battery to 80% by 01:30 - it failed miserably.

The car only charged at approx 2kWh and had only reached 51% by 01:30 when it could have got to 80% by 00:40 if it had charged at 7kWh from when I plugged it in.

So for now (on 2.0) I'm not bothering with timed charging - I've heard of too many others who've tried it unsuccessfully.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

We use the departure time on screen in car and set for 0430 departure (to make use of cheap rate)
So far so good, charging is starting at around midnight (looking at octopus usage chart) and finished at 0430

We did test at a weekend as heard so many stories!
Only issue I’m testing today is the away from home charging.
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

I have 0783 from start.
I meant in app, in car i can do everything, but in app white page.
Only text: Advance air conditioning to 19 C based on your current vehicle air conditioning settings.
Kelloggs

Post by Kelloggs »

I’ve got 0783 in car and on apple app I can’t get charging either. Just a white page . No pre heating either. Most of the time the instructions fail to transmit to car. The only thing I can do is look at charging state. I messaged the VW app team and have 2 replies saying they are working on it. The ohme charger works for deferred charging thankfully so octopus go can be used.
id3 life performance pro heat pump, turquoise,black.
share.octopus.energy/witty-hawk-404
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

Looks like we have to wait and visit car to change departure times.
Found in FB also same problem.
Could it work in elder versions.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

No, it’s not a universal issue with 0783 - I’m on 0783, with Apple, and everything works in the app.

Have charge level & air conditioning on the main page, then on the vehicle page have charging controls, detailed air conditioning controls, departure times, service partner & settings. In settings I can control the charge limit and other charge/aircon/data settings. Then there is the charging map page and profile page.

So it’s not a general car, software or app (on iOS) issue - it must be something specific on any car it’s not working with. I can’t speak for Android as I have no experience there...I think I read somewhere that development is secondary to iOS though?
ID.3 1st Edition

kaiz

Post by kaiz »

I've got only old iPad and Apple soft is only for iPhone.
Android works on Tablet also (if it works). :roll:
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

Did the sequence, struggled to reconnect car to app for about an hour, but 'Departure times' still blank.

id.3_departure_times1.jpg

Tried on iPhone also, there were not even the text.

VW supposed :
1. Perform a Longpress Reset by constantly pressing down and holding the ON/OFF switch for over 20 sec.
2. Now deactivate 'Offline Mode' on the MIB
3. Please park your ID.3 in a safe location where there is good mobile phone reception.
4. Next, switch off the ignition. Check on the exit screen displayed in the infotainment system that the online mode is switched on for the next start.
5. Exit the vehicle, lock it and wait for at least 10 minutes.
6.After this time has elapsed, you can enter the vehicle again and perform a factory reset by selecting “Setup” -> “Restore factory settings” in the infotainment system. Confirm this action with the “OK” button.
7. Remove the We Connect ID. app and restart your smartphone
8. Download and install the app once again.
9. Once this has been done, you will need to add your ID.3 to your user account once again via the “Configuration wizard” and now try to legitimise yourself as primary user via the scan of the QR code that will be displayed on the screen.