WeConnect app

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hobbibear

Post by Hobbibear »

My ID3 1st Edition had to go into the dealers this week, when there I looked on the app and was concerned that it showed my cars location still at my home address. Has any other owners had this issue? I have massaged and been informed that there are technical difficulties and the team are working on restoring access. Has any one had other issues with the app?

ColinID3

Post by ColinID3 »

I've never managed to get the App to tell me where the car is, it does tell me where my phone is though!!
This is one of the points I'm waiting to sort out with the dealer.
Life Pro performance, Makena, 19" Andoya, Heat-pump, Nov'20 build, 23/12/20 delivery. Now with 2.1
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The map in the app tells you where the app is.
Hobbibear

Post by Hobbibear »

This is copy of my inquiry to the app

Dear Mr Hobbs,

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing when using We Connect services.

We want to inform you that currently the application is not available due to technical difficulties, so it is not possible to use any of the We Connect ID functions.

We would like to let you know that our technical team is aware of the problem and is working hard to implement a solution and restore access to their services.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please know, that we remain at your disposal for any further inquiries you might have. You may reply to this e-mail or call us on our direct line 0800-2797508 (around the clock, 7 days a week). We kindly ask, that you indicate your reference number: 629903 for a quick follow-up.

We wish you always a safe drive with your Volkswagen ID.3.

Yours faithfully,
Your Digital Service Team
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The app is working completely as normal on my car right now.

Until VW change the functionality, the map in the app doesn't show you the car's location - it shows you the location of the device on which you're running the app (like Google Maps would) - I expect that may change once you can have multiple app instances (under different user accounts) paired with the same car.
mez

Post by mez »

Has anyone successfully used the We Connect app to precondition the ID3? My We Connect account is set-up fine and the app reliably connects - it shows range and charge status correctly. But the heating/cooling has never worked - three different errors are shown on iPhone depending on... sun spot activity. See attached screen shots.

I see same behaviour regardless of car being connected or disconnected to my home's Wallbox type-2 charger.

As per advice from VW mothership I have offlined the car - waited - re-onlined the car. I have removed the app and re-installed. Have re-registered using on-screen QR. Have tried >1 iPhone. Have updated the app. Have stood on my head with my right finger in my left ear whistling the national anthem, which nearly worked, but not quite.

Thinking of trying the Basil Fawlty approach next of beating said car with branch

Any advice on this? (the car, not branches)

IMG_5144.PNG

IMG_5119.PNG

IMG_5118.PNG

ID.3 150kW Life Pro Performance 62kWh, v0792, battleship grey.
I recommend Octopus Energy: Receive a £50 credit with this signup link: share.octopus.energy/shy-wasp-900
Jono

Post by Jono »

I’ve had mixed results with the app. Like you, I seem to get range and charge shown, however the range changes constantly (jumps around, often 100 mile difference).

I’ve managed to get the remote heating to work a couple of times, but it’s very hit and miss, the app suggests that it’s active, but most of the time it isn’t.

I’ve had more success with setting a departure time, I’d say that seems to work about 50% of the time.

Interestingly, my app periodically changes the remote heating setting between 1 and 2 zone - there’s no pattern to this - just random

7EF89668-3C71-4864-91FD-CC38C1130187.png

2DE68E2E-669F-43DE-A954-3F3ABE9B145D.png

stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

mez wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:41 am Has anyone successfully used the We Connect app to precondition the ID3? My We Connect account is set-up fine and the app reliably connects - it shows range and charge status correctly. But the heating/cooling has never worked - three different errors are shown on iPhone depending on... sun spot activity. See attached screen shots.

I see same behaviour regardless of car being connected or disconnected to my home's Wallbox type-2 charger.

As per advice from VW mothership I have offlined the car - waited - re-onlined the car. I have removed the app and re-installed. Have re-registered using on-screen QR. Have tried >1 iPhone. Have updated the app. Have stood on my head with my right finger in my left ear whistling the national anthem, which nearly worked, but not quite.

Thinking of trying the Basil Fawlty approach next of beating said car with branch

Any advice on this? (the car, not branches)
Yes - ours has worked faultlessly since 2.0 software (car was offline until that software install). I know that doesn’t help you with your problem - but it does, hopefully, highlight that it’s an issue with your car/app setup - not a holistic VW/ID.3 issue.

My wife uses the scheduled departure time/pre-condition a number of days a week when she’s using the ID.3 for work - and it always just works - whether plugged in to charge or not....no difference. We then use the ‘on demand’ pre-conditioning when we’re using the car at other times - again; it’s always ‘just worked’

We’re both Apple (iOS) users if that info is helpful. And both have the app on our phones (one login) - it works from either of our phones...
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366
Jono

Post by Jono »

I’m also an iPhone user - 11 Pro Max with latest IOS version. As mentioned above, my app is hit and miss, but I suspect it could relate to the ongoing intermittent car heating problems I’m having - keeps changing from 2 zone to 1 or not working at all
mc1611

Post by mc1611 »

Picked up a new id3 Tech after 4 years of using BMW i3 and i3s. Not a bad car ruined by terrible software!! I know I am just echoing other people but there is no other place to vent my frustration.
Charging settings not working, no location (as reported here, I know where I am, I want to know where my car is!!). I don’t think there is any excuse for VW, primary school kids can do a better job. What a difference, the BMW app is an absolute joy!!
I wonder if it was worth trading 80 miles additional range for the pain I see coming. The id3 might not last long on my drive.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

The App is pretty weak, almost useless. I've a Velar and the features and functions way outstrip this thing and the Velar has less! I've contacted the developers which is a pointless exercise, it's clearly rushed out, is unreliable and inaccurate in many ways. I am guessing V2 will be a major overhaul, but perhaps that's wishful thinking. I just want to locate my car, choose the time it charges (not when I'm leaving), set the temperature and lock my car. Time will tell. It's not a deal breaker, I like the car, my wife likes it and there are a LOT of free chargers around, DC too. AC charging doesn't work if the charger provides >11kw.
pdk42

Post by pdk42 »

I've been playing around snooping the traffic from the app to the VW servers. There is info in the data returned that the app isn't making use of (e.g. the kW being consumed when charging), but the really major problems with reliability are all on the back-end and onwards to the car. I see no real progress on this front since the original 0564 software that our car had on delivery. I'm not holding my breath it'll get better in a hurry.
pdk42

Post by pdk42 »

Anduain wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:45 pm AC charging doesn't work if the charger provides >11kw.
It does, it's just limited to 11kW.
Deleted User 314

pdk42 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:50 pm
Anduain wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:45 pm AC charging doesn't work if the charger provides >11kw.
It does, it's just limited to 11kW.
Actually no, it doesn't, it's a fault. Any AC charger at 11 or below charges. If the charge is, e.g. 22kwh, then I get the red light of doom. Tried on multiple chargers.
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

Actually no, it doesn't, it's a fault. Any AC charger at 11 or below charges. If the charge is, e.g. 22kwh, then I get the red light of doom. Tried on multiple chargers.
May be you need to speak to VW. My experience is limited to Ecotricity chargers, but so far I've always managed to squeeze 11kWh out of them with no problem.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Deleted User 314

hungerdunger wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am
May be you need to speak to VW. My experience is limited to Ecotricity chargers, but so far I've always managed to squeeze 11kWh out of them with no problem.
Yeh, waiting for the 2.1 upgrade to be organised. Aircon isn't working when driving also.