Drive selector issue

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Nick Jan

Post by Nick Jan »

Returned to my parked ID3 today, selected drive B (which lit up), pressed accelerator gently and the car started to reverse!? Re-selected drive setting all then ok. It was a tad unnerving; anyone else had that experience, or any thoughts?

hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

Thankfully, no. Did the car beep when it selected reverse and did the rear camera show on the infotainment screen?
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

Mine was once just sinking back (is it correct in english) as I didn't pushed the accelerator enough. ;)
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

That sounds worrying. Re other replies did you get that horrible beep noise to confirm you are about to go backward. If not I would go with the roll theory and not enough right foot.
Hope it gets resolved.
Last edited by Daveion on Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Nick Jan

Post by Nick Jan »

I can't recall whether there was a beep when I selected forward drive B. I'm hoping you're right that it may have been roll-back, as random gear selection seems too alarming to contemplate!
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

I currently have a 1st Edition demonstrator while my car is upgraded to 2.1, sorry comment is also in my 2.1 thread.

I had a 1st Edition surprise while reversing to park, not seeing well with the reversing camera, I held my foot over the brake while the car was still moving and switched to D. Car displayed D but when I lifted my foot off the brake car accelerated slightly in reverse. When I braked to stop and get my camera out to film it happening, when I lifted my foot off the brake and then drove the car went forward.

I was on a flat surface so it was more than just momentum as the car accelerated, but I haven't been able to reproduce the effect.

I will report to VW as if this really happens in a different circumstance could be unsafe.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

That’s interesting. The same thing happened to me, but just once. The road I was on has a slight downward slope and I still went backwards.

I have not been able to recreate it, but I did report it.