2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I know those who post on forums do so either for help, or to mention a bad experience, but it would be good if those who have a positive experience of this 2.4 update experience would also post. We would then have a gauge of the overall success, or otherwise of the update.

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

terminettore wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:05 pm HI,

i'm from Italy,

2 days ago I took the car to my VW workshop (ID3 58kWh) fo r2.4 update and battery replacement, and at this time the car is not ready......

After job completion the car is not seeing the new (or old) 12 volt battery, and the red battery indicator is always on.

They tried to repeat the updates without resolving the issue, and Volkswagen has not yet found the solution........
I asked to rollback to 2.3 but seems isn't possible.............

No courtesy car available......... :evil:

Without words.........
That sucks! I wonder why these errors are popping up for some but not all cars?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Scratch wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:32 pm I know those who post on forums do so either for help, or to mention a bad experience, but it would be good if those who have a positive experience of this 2.4 update experience would also post. We would then have a gauge of the overall success, or otherwise of the update.
I admire your optimism😛
What is disappointing is that we have numerous reports which suggest the dealer techs are just learning about what is involved. There doesn’t appear to have been any VW training or prep before the software was dropped into update systems.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

OB1CCFC wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:38 pm
Scratch wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:32 pm I know those who post on forums do so either for help, or to mention a bad experience, but it would be good if those who have a positive experience of this 2.4 update experience would also post. We would then have a gauge of the overall success, or otherwise of the update.
I admire your optimism😛
What is disappointing is that we have numerous reports which suggest the dealer techs are just learning about what is involved. There doesn’t appear to have been any VW training or prep before the software was dropped into update systems.
I suspect VW imagined they had done such a good job of the software design, that it was just a matter of plug and play at the dealers's end.
zedmano

Post by zedmano »

got the id3 on Monday with software 3.0 seems great but I'm a newbie
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

zedmano wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:05 pm got the id3 on Monday with software 3.0 seems great but I'm a newbie
Boooo! Get out of here!

:lol:
The_IT_Technician

Post by The_IT_Technician »

Morning all

Local vw dealership called . Said they need the car for 2 days, for install and testing, Free courtesy car for both the days as its a recall.

Dealership said the 2.4 update takes about 8 to 12h or so from start to finish plus testing and checks .. Hence the two day booking requirements. The 2.3 update if it was done at the dealership would have taken 5 hours.

Just hope the rest of it goes smoothly. Booked for the 2nd Wednesday in August.

Good luck all.
mergwyn

Post by mergwyn »

My car has just had the new battery and software update installed at Citygate Chalfont. It was booked in for Thursday but then the dealer called to say it might not be finished in a single day. It turns out there were 2 ID3’s booked in and they were the first upgrades that this dealership had carried out and they were cautious after their experience with the mk8 upgrade. In the end, it all went smoothly but did overrrun until the second day.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Have you noticed any changes/ improvements? Mine is booked for 25 July. They claim it will be done by 5pm. I’m not sharing their optimism.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Abadgermac wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:00 am Have you noticed any changes/ improvements? Mine is booked for 25 July. They claim it will be done by 5pm. I’m not sharing their optimism.
Mine is booked in for the same day, but the dealer said it would be better for them to have it for 2 days, and booked me a loan car for that time.
mergwyn

Post by mergwyn »

I've noticed a couple of differences:
  • The weCharge app upgrade started to download and then stopped part way through. This has been reported by others and seems to resolve it self over time
  • More worryingly, my charging locations (using to set preferred charging times) were cleared when I got the car back. I did not think it was completely unreasonable given the software update but would have appreciated being warned. I have now added the location back three times (seemingly successfully) and each time the location seems to be deleted overnight. I've not seen this reported elsewhere and would welcome any suggestions!
Nevbull

Post by Nevbull »

I was booked into Citygate High Wycombe today - I asked how long it would take when booking, and was told it would be done within the day.

On arrival this morning at 8.30, I was told I could have the car back Friday........... So walked back out of the dealership and then when I tried to rebook for a 3 day period, was told there is now a waiting list due to a parts shortage...... Maybe I'll just wait till later in the year when its all settled down.

And to top it off - I now have a 12v battery warning come up on the dash display!!!!!
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

My 'local' dealership finally gave me a call, eight days after I called them. I'd received an e-mail from VW asking me to book. I went to the VW website and sent an e-mail to the same dealership. Their auto responses were rapid, but I had to telephone them five days later; and that was now eight days ago (so almost a fortnight since my original e-mail in response to the e-mail from VW). I'm now booked in for 11th August (Thursday), an ICE vehicle for two days (I insisted they fill the tank, to allow me to return home, and then get back to the dealership without have to re-fill) and finally I will collect on the Saturday morning. I just hope all goes well!!
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
terminettore

Post by terminettore »

terminettore wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:05 pm HI,

i'm from Italy,

2 days ago I took the car to my VW workshop (ID3 58kWh) fo r2.4 update and battery replacement, and at this time the car is not ready......

After job completion the car is not seeing the new (or old) 12 volt battery, and the red battery indicator is always on.

They tried to repeat the updates without resolving the issue, and Volkswagen has not yet found the solution........
I asked to rollback to 2.3 but seems isn't possible.............

No courtesy car available......... :evil:

Without words.........
Problem solved!!!!

A bugged software package caused the fault, but with a good package sent from remote support to dealer the error was cleared!

On display it shows 2.3.0, but the update is reported in row "Software" as 0912.

IMG_20220719_184705.jpg

scurry

Post by scurry »

I had the car (first ID.3) delivered a week ago on Tuesday and on Wednesday it was picked up by the dealer for the update in exchange for a courtesy car. Got mine back Friday. All seems ok except that now it thinks it's a Cupra at night! When unlocking the wing mirror projected downlight has changed from a circular fractal image to a Cupra logo! Told dealer who said mmm..
it's in tomorrow with a nearer dealer for something else (I think the right hand side mirror is one from a LHD... doesn't have dotted line and can't adjust far enough to not see down side of car).. Dealer A said mention it to Dealer B .. who said it needs update.. no says I .. I have proforma invoice from Dealer A (and display confirms 2.3 / 0912) who said it takes time for the fact to filter through the system.
P.S. I need to go on a course for the car.. with no manual I don't know what wonders I'm missing out on !
Apart from that.. :D
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

scurry wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:53 pm I had the car (first ID.3) delivered a week ago on Tuesday and on Wednesday it was picked up by the dealer for the update in exchange for a courtesy car. Got mine back Friday. All seems ok except that now it thinks it's a Cupra at night! When unlocking the wing mirror projected downlight has changed from a circular fractal image to a Cupra logo! Told dealer who said mmm..
it's in tomorrow with a nearer dealer for something else (I think the right hand side mirror is one from a LHD... doesn't have dotted line and can't adjust far enough to not see down side of car).. Dealer A said mention it to Dealer B .. who said it needs update.. no says I .. I have proforma invoice from Dealer A (and display confirms 2.3 / 0912) who said it takes time for the fact to filter through the system.
P.S. I need to go on a course for the car.. with no manual I don't know what wonders I'm missing out on !
Apart from that.. :D
I thought the image was projected through a physically engraved lens (see failures on some models), not software, that seems very odd, they haven't had to change a mirror have they?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1749
baguette

Post by baguette »

scurry wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:53 pm All seems ok except that now it thinks it's a Cupra at night! When unlocking the wing mirror projected downlight has changed from a circular fractal image to a Cupra logo! Told dealer who said mmm..

Can you post a photo of that? There have been several failures of the mirror projectors on ID.3s that resulted in "broken" projections, and I wonder if you got a broken image that just happens to look like a Cupra logo?
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

If only we could customise the projection lol
scurry

Post by scurry »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:03 am I thought the image was projected through a physically engraved lens (see failures on some models), not software, that seems very odd, they haven't had to change a mirror have they?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1749
I don't think they changed anything.. Dealer A didn't say "ah.. that'll be because.." although there was a scratch on the top of the pod missed on delivery which I believe they polished out when in for update.
Dealer B said that the motor in the pod was from a T-roc !! And had confirmed with dealer A that the pod hadn't been dismantled by them.
VW have OKd replacement under warranty... I should think so..!! only has 250 miles on the clock.
Hopefully get back tomorrow..
Maybe will show Audi logo :D
scurry

Post by scurry »

baguette wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:34 am
Can you post a photo of that? There have been several failures of the mirror projectors on ID.3s that resulted in "broken" projections, and I wonder if you got a broken image that just happens to look like a Cupra logo?
Sorry no, should have just for the giggles.. has amused the office :lol:
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a failure..only done 250 miles.. was fractal disk pattern then was bold lines of Cupra logo. Though am prepared to be wrong.
Will get full SP when get car back..
Might be an ID.Born or a (Jason) Born.3 ...