Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:08 am Got an update from dealer yesterday. Was told that I have an unconfirmed build date of week 3 next year. I ordered my standard family pro performance from Western vw Edinburgh on the 23rd of October so probably be 16 months wait by the time it arrives. He also said that cars are just turning up out of the blue with no build dates the latest one to turn up this week was ordered in September last year. So I'm just going to put the car to the back of my mind (which is hard when I go to fill up my 2 litre tsi leon) and hope it turns up out of the blue.
Does seem crazy and the dealers must be so fed up with it all too. I ordered from the same dealer as you almost a month after you. Just the standard motor though. They called a couple of weeks ago to say that it had been built. It would be really interesting to find out the actual logic and various parameters used to determine build order.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

DickieBoy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:12 am It would be really interesting to find out the actual logic and various parameters used to determine build order.
Best of luck with that!! You'll go insane first. :D
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Member-1677

Post by Member-1677 »

DickieBoy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:12 am
Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:08 am Got an update from dealer yesterday. Was told that I have an unconfirmed build date of week 3 next year. I ordered my standard family pro performance from Western vw Edinburgh on the 23rd of October so probably be 16 months wait by the time it arrives. He also said that cars are just turning up out of the blue with no build dates the latest one to turn up this week was ordered in September last year. So I'm just going to put the car to the back of my mind (which is hard when I go to fill up my 2 litre tsi leon) and hope it turns up out of the blue.
Does seem crazy and the dealers must be so fed up with it all too. I ordered from the same dealer as you almost a month after you. Just the standard motor though. They called a couple of weeks ago to say that it had been built. It would be really interesting to find out the actual logic and various parameters used to determine build order.
This is the shitshow that VW are running. I ordered the most basic ID3 model going right in the middle of you guys from the same dealer, with absolutely zero add ons. Still status 00. Didn't even get my July update haha and I'm past the point of chasing them up.

As for guessing the ordering/build system. I reckon I'd have a better chance at figuring out the meaning of life and this weeks euro millions than VW build process.
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered - 04.11.21
Order No - 3153****
Status - was 10, now 00
Build week was 45, then 47 now unknown!!!
Est delivery was Jan 2023: now......
Joule58kW

Post by Joule58kW »

My 2007 Golf has it's MOT in November. Will it pass sitting in a cloud of diesel smoke?
Come on VW you can do it.
Life Pro Performance 58kW Makena Turquoise.
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

Seems we had a nice little run of deliveries and then into a period of bad news again.

I've haven't given my details on the forum yet but I ordered 2nd or 3rd week of October (3150xxxx) and originally it was a Life PP but when the new MY22.5 was announced with the new interior, I changed my order to a Family PP- that was early Nov however the dealer said my original order number and place in the queue would be maintained.

As we now know - the queue is a bit of a lottery as cars don't exit the factory in order number sequence.

I mentioned about the Govt Grant being 12 months and all he could say is that VW (and other manufacturers) would be pushing the Govt to honour past the 12 month date.

Last month my build date was wk38 but the last email from last week was that my car was put back, and no build date was given.

Starting to get excited that I might end up in a VW iD3 mkII :?: :!: :roll: :?
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

soupdragon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:54 am Seems we had a nice little run of deliveries and then into a period of bad news again.

I've haven't given my details on the forum yet but I ordered 2nd or 3rd week of October (3150xxxx) and originally it was a Life PP but when the new MY22.5 was announced with the new interior, I changed my order to a Family PP- that was early Nov however the dealer said my original order number and place in the queue would be maintained.

As we now know - the queue is a bit of a lottery as cars don't exit the factory in order number sequence.

I mentioned about the Govt Grant being 12 months and all he could say is that VW (and other manufacturers) would be pushing the Govt to honour past the 12 month date.

Last month my build date was wk38 but the last email from last week was that my car was put back, and no build date was given.

VW should not be needing to push the Govt, this is of their own making. The online order form clearly shows whether the vehicle qualified for the Govt grant at the time of ordering, if they were to follow a logical sequence of fulfilling orders as they were placed rather than using a spinning bottle method, they could complete within the year. Really pissing me off this company, unlikely I will return to VW and if I lose the Govt grant, it would be an absolute certainty. Ironic that this morning I received an email from VW telling me about the All Drive ID4 when they cannot even deliver the ID3 I ordered nearly a year ago.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

the.kes wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:11 am
soupdragon wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:54 am Seems we had a nice little run of deliveries and then into a period of bad news again.

VW should not be needing to push the Govt, this is of their own making. The online order form clearly shows whether the vehicle qualified for the Govt grant at the time of ordering, if they were to follow a logical sequence of fulfilling orders as they were placed rather than using a spinning bottle method, they could complete within the year. Really pissing me off this company, unlikely I will return to VW and if I lose the Govt grant, it would be an absolute certainty. Ironic that this morning I received an email from VW telling me about the All Drive ID4 when they cannot even deliver the ID3 I ordered nearly a year ago.
This is exactly what's grinding my gears. All the promotional stuff with new models etc and yet it's like extracting teeth out of a chicken trying to get any info on a car ordered nearly a year ago.

VW is a circus to deal with and they will never get my business again. First impressions stick like shit!
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

They really are running out of excuses now. When I ordered they said early April because of the chip shortage which at the time was believable. But my order should of been built and on the way to the UK before the outbreak of war in the ukraine. I have never had an update from Western VW I have had to chase them for info. They used the excuse that the staff member who was dealing with my order had left and they were would give me a monthly update from now on. Here I am 5 months later and the only time I have had info was when I have contacted them. I understand that these things happen and delays can occur but I think they are cherry picking orders to maximise profit margins. I will not cancel (I can't afford to) and let them off the hook which I think they are hoping I do.
Member-1677

Post by Member-1677 »

Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:05 pm They really are running out of excuses now. When I ordered they said early April because of the chip shortage which at the time was believable. But my order should of been built and on the way to the UK before the outbreak of war in the ukraine. I have never had an update from Western VW I have had to chase them for info. They used the excuse that the staff member who was dealing with my order had left and they were would give me a monthly update from now on. Here I am 5 months later and the only time I have had info was when I have contacted them. I understand that these things happen and delays can occur but I think they are cherry picking orders to maximise profit margins. I will not cancel (I can't afford to) and let them off the hook which I think they are hoping I do.

Good post. I was told the exact same thing and given the same time frame as yourself. I also received notification about purchasing an ID4 earlier this week, which is infuriating.

The excuses have been run dry. They've fecked up, but won't admit to it and hope you pull your order. The insults continue when you see ID5, Cupra Born and ID Buzz all being created and built. First and last VW I'll ever have.

Out of interest, what was the name of your sales person??
Life Pro - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered - 04.11.21
Order No - 3153****
Status - was 10, now 00
Build week was 45, then 47 now unknown!!!
Est delivery was Jan 2023: now......
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

The guys name is Eddie can't remember the original guys name it was that long ago. I have no problem with him obviously he knows less than me. 😉
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:05 pm They really are running out of excuses now. When I ordered they said early April because of the chip shortage which at the time was believable. But my order should of been built and on the way to the UK before the outbreak of war in the ukraine. I have never had an update from Western VW I have had to chase them for info. They used the excuse that the staff member who was dealing with my order had left and they were would give me a monthly update from now on. Here I am 5 months later and the only time I have had info was when I have contacted them. I understand that these things happen and delays can occur but I think they are cherry picking orders to maximise profit margins. I will not cancel (I can't afford to) and let them off the hook which I think they are hoping I do.
Yep, I sympathise with the people of Ukraine, but like you, I feel my August order should not have been affected by that. Just waiting for them to add Taiwan to the list of excuses.

VW just need to man up and admit they've made a major arse of the whole process.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

I think the next excuse will be energy shortage for their supplliers.
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

I think Vw are trying to claw back as much cash from their orders in the shortest time possible. So early orders which don't give as much profit are put on the back burner. It makes sense to me I would do the same if it wasn't going to effect my business in the long run. Especially when I know if that customer goes elsewhere I stand to make more from the customer who is going to replace them. Even more so when I have large bill to pay on the horizon.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

I was told VW won’t honour the plug in grant.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

I doubt they will. But as a customer who needs a new car I would still be out of pocket if I went to buy another EV now.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:52 pm I think the next excuse will be energy shortage for their supplliers.
No doubt.
And the Ethiopian famine in the 80s...
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:16 pm I think Vw are trying to claw back as much cash from their orders in the shortest time possible. So early orders which don't give as much profit are put on the back burner. It makes sense to me I would do the same if it wasn't going to effect my business in the long run. Especially when I know if that customer goes elsewhere I stand to make more from the customer who is going to replace them. Even more so when I have large bill to pay on the horizon.
I think the evidence on this thread dispels your theory though. The more expensive models such as Tours have been the ones with the biggest issues at times. I'm not really seeing people who ordered a few months ago jumping the queue either.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Well i hope I'm wrong and my car turns up next month. But I doubt it. Only VW will know and they are not in the business of making cars for fun. They do it for profit.
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

There is no queue if there was I would be counting down the days. Order numbers is the only thing to go on and people with early numbers have indeed been jumped. We are also looking at a small cross section of orders on here. I ordered in October last year and customers who ordered in September last year have their cars yet I'm being told another 6 months. Obviously nobody other than VW knows when my car will actually show up it could be tomorrow.
DCB

Post by DCB »

Ordered my Pro S last September and had a PodPoint installed. Now NW Electricity wish to inspect my PP installation…I guess they may be wandering why my electric bill hasn’t gone up, or whether I’m pinching the electricity? Of course it’s not in use as I rapidly approach 11 months since my car was ordered. On the plus side my present car, a Toyota Hybrid, has maintained its value and the price of the ID3 is now last years price. I’m told my car may be built in week 37, late September.

In my 40 plus years of car ownership I’ve never experienced such a wait.