Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:06 pm There is no queue if there was I would be counting down the days. Order numbers is the only thing to go on and people with early numbers have indeed been jumped. We are also looking at a small cross section of orders on here. I ordered in October last year and customers who ordered in September last year have their cars yet I'm being told another 6 months. Obviously nobody other than VW knows when my car will actually show up it could be tomorrow.
Yes but some people who ordered towards the end of 2021 have had their cars ahead of others who ordered earlier in the year. VW should build in the same order as orders are made, had they done that, around 50% of the gripes on this thread would not exist, including mine. There is a huge disconnect between VW/customers/dealers and the factory and that is unforgivable and amateurish.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

DickieBoy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:12 am
Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:08 am Got an update from dealer yesterday. Was told that I have an unconfirmed build date of week 3 next year. I ordered my standard family pro performance from Western vw Edinburgh on the 23rd of October so probably be 16 months wait by the time it arrives. He also said that cars are just turning up out of the blue with no build dates the latest one to turn up this week was ordered in September last year. So I'm just going to put the car to the back of my mind (which is hard when I go to fill up my 2 litre tsi leon) and hope it turns up out of the blue.
Does seem crazy and the dealers must be so fed up with it all too. I ordered from the same dealer as you almost a month after you. Just the standard motor though. They called a couple of weeks ago to say that it had been built. It would be really interesting to find out the actual logic and various parameters used to determine build order.
I got a text today saying that my order still has no build date :(
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

I can understand that when there have been component shortages for some of the options in some models it makes sense to make the variants that don't require those parts i.e. Life, but what seems really off is that when they can manufacture the higher spec models with more electronics they seem to do so in a random fashion rather than in the sequence of the when the orders were placed. Something must really be messed up that they can't even tell their dealers when they are going to make the cars. It's an utter shambles.

In the 10 months that my replacement car has been on order I haven't once had a call from my dealership to update me, I've had to do all the chasing. They don't answer my emails and if they're not available and the receptionist leaves a message to get them to call me most of the time they don't. It's absolutely astounding that anyone can run a business that way.

I do wonder if there are orders on the spread sheet that have been cancelled out of frustration and an update hasn't been posted. There are quite a few orders where the status hasn't been updated for over 6 months.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

A lot of people after getting their car will be to excited to update this forum. After all the main reason they are posting on this is because they are still waiting, once it has been delivered there is no reason to post. Unless they have a problem and they will post on the main forum.
Thagomizer

Post by Thagomizer »

ag-indie wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:30 pm
Thagomizer wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:11 pm Latest update. Family Pro Performance in stonewash blue. Order no: 3149xxxx Ordered: 9 Oct 21. Car is now in the UK, with delivery (hopefully) in a few weeks.
Did it have a build week or just turn up?
I ordered 2 week after you, I’m hoping for some news soon, I won’t hold my breath though 🤣🤣🤣
Sorry - I’ve only just noticed you’d asked a question.

I only had an order number (3149****); no status or build date. All I had was a mid-June email saying it was being built 1st week in July, then another update at the start of the week saying it was at UK Port and will hopefully be delivered in the next few weeks.

I don’t think I’ll believe it until I have my sticky paws on it.
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

So thagomizer's 3149 order if it arrives will land before big277wave's 3136 order. I just don't have any other explanation for this other than price the dealer or lease company paid. If VW had somewhere we could check the status of each order then it would be much clearer. I wonder why they don't. 🤔
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:36 pm So thagomizer's 3149 order if it arrives will land before big277wave's 3136 order. I just don't have any other explanation for this other than price the dealer or lease company paid. If VW had somewhere we could check the status of each order then it would be much clearer. I wonder why they don't. 🤔
Build orders are to some extent not worth reading in to. This is because many of them were cancelled orders that were picked up, but it has been clear for a long time now (I was following this thread avidly for the first few months of it's existence and occasionally since) that when an order has been cancelled and later picked up, then unless it was actually already built, it was put to the back of the queue or at least on hold while others 'overtook' it. So if someone picked up a cancelled order they should expect their car Tobe built roughly in sync with similar cars of similar order dates, not similar order numbers.

I have also wondered if profit margin on a particular order has an influence. And if so, why not? I think that would be fair enough. However if so they should be transparent about it.

There are a few people with really long waits who seem exceptions to this rule but in general I have the impression VW have basically been building similar cars in batches as when the parts for them became available. You get regular batches of Lifes and Familys, along with far less frequent batches of Maxs and Tours (needing more components, and presumably when those come in they also have to wait until lower specs aren't using all the standard stuff.) This is all conjecture of course but it's straightforward and could explain most of what we've seen.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Unless things have changed dramatically the ordering system for Audi/VW showed discounts aside from the government grants etc. everything else was internal to the dealer so margin shouldn’t come into it. The only thing that used to dictate cars being built as a priority we’re actuall tagged customer orders, where as dealer orders which there is unlikely to be many of in the system right now would have a reduced priority since VW/Audi we’re always chasing actual registrations as their targets and of course dealer ordered cars had no guarantee of being registered, showroom cars were tagged accordingly but again less of a priority especially when a shortage of a model occurred.

I could be wrong of course but pretty sure margin won’t dictate build cycles.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

There is a few instances in the last dozen pages where order dates don't matter. mattgid3 ordered his early August. And orders later than that have been delivered. If the system is actually going to dates there must be quite a few people extremely annoyed because they for whatever reason have been overlooked.
taitadam

Post by taitadam »

A non update from my dealer today, still no build week.
Family Pro in Moonstone Grey, East Derry
Souljacker

Post by Souljacker »

Can't remember if I have updated or not but mine was delivered last Friday (29/7). Loving the car so far but finding the infotainment system a little baffling at times. Having a few teething issues with my home charger at the moment which only charges at 3kW when it should be 7kW but think this is a problem with the charger rather than the car as it's been fine on public chargers.
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone grey, East Derry alloys
Order date 09/10/2021
Zenith salary sacrifice, Lookers Harrogate
31498*** order No
Current build week 26
Delivered 29/07/22
Software version 3.0
Podpoint charger
JRF

Post by JRF »

Evening Souljacker.
Had the same problem when I had my Pod Point installed phoned and they updated to 7kw over the air.
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Soul jacker's car is another example of cars getting delivered ahead of others could it be that dates mean nothing? I have noticed salary sacrifice cars seem to get delivered ahead of other cars with similar dates. I wonder why that is?
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

Can you update the spreadsheet- estimated build week is 50 (2022). As this order is now going to straddle 3 different years I thought it best to identify the year.
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Indyfras wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:56 pm Can you update the spreadsheet- estimated build week is 50 (2022). As this order is now going to straddle 3 different years I thought it best to identify the year.
It would seem we have the same BW of 50 for my Max as well. Could my entry in the sheet also be updated please. Thank you.

I am hoping they are tooling up to do a run of Max's, rest assured, I am not holding my breath!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:45 pm
Indyfras wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:56 pm Can you update the spreadsheet- estimated build week is 50 (2022). As this order is now going to straddle 3 different years I thought it best to identify the year.
It would seem we have the same BW of 50 for my Max as well. Could my entry in the sheet also be updated please. Thank you.

I am hoping they are tooling up to do a run of Max's, rest assured, I am not holding my breath!
Have you just been given that build week recently? I'm hoping my dealership will be phoning me any day now with some sort of update. I won't be holding my breath either.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Indyfras

Post by Indyfras »

@jamie1c yes, this week.
ID.3 Max
Ordered: 20 October 2021
Ord No: 31509XXX
Delivery: est 25 April 2022 (from order)
Supposedly BW41/2022, BW47/2022, BW50/2022, BW 51/2022, Bw48/2022, BW08/2023
Confirmed BW07/2023
In UK 17 April 2023
Picked up 29 April 2023
Souljacker

Post by Souljacker »

JRF wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:29 pm Evening Souljacker.
Had the same problem when I had my Pod Point installed phoned and they updated to 7kw over the air.
Thanks I'm in touch with them now trying to get this sorted but they are suggesting it's a problem with the car. Seems unlikely as it has charged fine at a number of public 7kW chargers but I'll keep at them and see what they say.
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone grey, East Derry alloys
Order date 09/10/2021
Zenith salary sacrifice, Lookers Harrogate
31498*** order No
Current build week 26
Delivered 29/07/22
Software version 3.0
Podpoint charger
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

Jaylow wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:51 pm Soul jacker's car is another example of cars getting delivered ahead of others could it be that dates mean nothing? I have noticed salary sacrifice cars seem to get delivered ahead of other cars with similar dates. I wonder why that is?
I think you are reading too much into the 'most profit cars 1st' theory

We can clearly see throughout the running of this thread that cars such as Tour and Max (with the most semi conductors) were delayed more, so yes, they got 'queue jumped' but thats due to supply chain

There is also instances where peoples cars were part built but couldn't be completed, so you need to throw that into the mix as well that some cars might have been stored off site temporarily and then brought back in

We also need to consider things like 3rd party suppliers, such as lease companies buying cars too. So say for example they order 50 cars, and some of those cars are sold in a 3 month time frame, then those who 'bought' at the latter part of that 3 month window might appear to get their cars quicker, not realising they've had a head start, because their car was ordered 3 months before they bought it

The reality is, if it was all about the profit, the UK would be prioritised over Europe. The weakness of the Euro has meant that VW are now getting more euros for the £'s we give them, at least a thousand euros per car (and more for the higher trims) so if your theory was correct, the UK would be getting their cars before the rest of Europe. Thats simply not happening.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Indyfras wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:50 am @jamie1c yes, this week.
That's good to know, cheers 👍 maybe theres hope for me.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23