3.0 Software announcement tomorrow?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I have to agree with a relatively older post on here, that the sat nav of Apple and Google are far superior to the in-built VW one. I think mine is up to date (not sure) but there is one road near me where the VW sat nav shows 30 mph when going in one direction, and 40 mph in the other. Ho hum.

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

luckypants wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:10 pm
G43FAN wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:02 am Oh.. let me know how you get on, I acknowledge that I don't do many regular long journeys (greater than say 30 miles) but I have done enough and in decent signal areas, I would have thought. I am off to Anglesey to sort out some Family business on Friday so will be out and about for a few hours, though who knows what reception I will get on The Island. (In the car)
Sorry I never got back to you on this, haven't been on in ages.... Sytner tried to do a manual update to the Nav database but managed to balls it up and we had a bit of a falling out about them needing my car for two days to achieve nothing. ;)

So I tried the manual update of the Sat. Nav myself. Went here https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/en/car/ and downloaded the update for my car, then followed the instructions in the "Update Manual" PDF here https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapu ... r_2020.pdf

This brought my Sat Nav up to the November version (at that time, updated more recently) but the important part is when this completed, the OTA updates to the Sat Nav database started coming though. I now have 22.7 installed "as if by magic"

Sorry for the late reply and I hope still useful.

Thanks for the update, I actually tried that process about that time and got nowhere. My Nav Version hasn't changed so I might try again.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

From the ID drivers' Facebook group just now.

ID. software 3.0 over-the-air update

Dear all,

We are about to start the roll-out of the ID. software 3.0 via Over-the-Air update! As usual, the roll-out will occur in waves at intervals one wave a week. We will start in Germany with small waves initially that include selected vehicles to cover a variety of hardware and software combinations. Owners of the selected cars will receive an email with more information shortly.

We will inform you as soon as we start larger, international rollout waves which will then include any learning from the initial rollout phase.

In case you missed it, please check out the ID. software 3.0 feature overview or visit your local Volkswagen website for more details.

Your Volkswagen ID. Team
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Well that sounds quite good. Almost too good for VW...
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

Maybe not so great news. The ‘waves’ are ‘small ripples in still waters’ for some. I received this announcement several months ago. The local VW dealer where we bought the car, was still not aware 2 months after I received that notification.
Also it is a ‘nightmare’ to update.
My car was in for another charging issue, and so they decided to update. After 2 and half days and they still could not achieve to get it installed.

The head of VW software department needs to be fired … and probably his team as well.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

When the dealer network is under significant pressure re 2.4 does it really make sense to drop 3.0 any time soon?
Sure it’s OTA but will obviously lead to some issues and questions being pushed on the dealers who already struggling and under skilled and under staffed.
I guess the answer is it won’t really be that soon for the majority of people.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I think it sounds like a sensible approach to try to understand what issues may arise before kicking it off more broadly. Hopefully those first few will go well and it will be rolled out further within weeks rather than months. I hope VW still think they can achieve OTA updates without major issues; if they don't then the 2.4 rollout seems largely pointless.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.