Impossible to connect to CarPlay

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Gualty

Post by Gualty »

Hi,

I picked up my iD.3 Tech few days ago. It arrived already with 0783 Software update installed.

I tried to connect to CarPlay with my iPhone but after a successful pairing it won't start. A message like "unable to connect your device" appear.
I'm able to connect to the car with bluetooth for phone calls or play music but CarPlay won't start.

On my previous car, I was normally able to use CarPlay. And few days ago I was able to connect and use CarPlay on another ID.3 with 0783 software.

Steps done:
- Siri already activated
- Tried another iPhone (same issue)
- Soft reset of my iPhone
- Tried with cable and wireless
- Reset the car to Factory settings

The weird thing is that i was able to connect wirelessly with another ID.3 with same software update.

Did you have any suggestions?

Regards

Aapercy

Post by Aapercy »

IPhones up to date?
After I connected bluetooth my phone asked me if I wanted to use CarPlay with this device.
If you go into the Bluetooth device on your iPhone (tap blue i in circle) there is a Car Play switch that needs to be ON.
Life Pro - Feb2021 - version 0783
Gualty

Post by Gualty »

Aapercy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:56 pm IPhones up to date?
After I connected bluetooth my phone asked me if I wanted to use CarPlay with this device.
If you go into the Bluetooth device on your iPhone (tap blue i in circle) there is a Car Play switch that needs to be ON.
Yes,
I tried. I’m able to make phone calls via Bluetooth but not able to pair with CarPlay also tapping the CarPlay button on the car.

I tried 3 different iPhone with different updates:
- iOS 14.5 beta
- iOS 14.4
- iOS 11 on an old iPhone to be sure that it’s not an iOS issue.

I’m starting see different posts on different forum with same issue.
I see that who is having this issue picked up the car with already software 0783 installed. Who was able to update from a previous update is not having this issue.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Got my car yesterday - same issue.
D&B

Post by D&B »

Picked up car today and same problem, tried everything the OP did, going in on the 17th for 2.1 so hopefully that will fix the issue.
bjgilhooly

Post by bjgilhooly »

2.1 update does cure the CarPlay issue. Works fine now (since update on 25 March).