Panoramic roof fix after 2.4

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

For others who like me found the panoramic roof open/closure did not work properly after the 2.4 update, I have found a solution on the German meinid forum that has worked for my car. Hopefully this will help others.
To save you searching and Google translating:

Problem - Windows or roller blinds for the panorama roof can no longer be opened/closed at the touch of a button (ie swipe does not work; you have to hold your finger on the slider in a specific position for it to move)

Who - individual vehicles after 2.4 update

In this case, the work instruction was most likely not carried out correctly by the workshop.

Solution -
Press and hold the power window/blind button by hand until the window/blind is fully open and remain in this position for 5 seconds. Then repeat with the button to close (by hand until it stops and then hold for another 5 seconds).
With the roller blind: To open the swipe movement on the touch surface only up to half of this surface and keep it in this middle position.
Then the same procedure in the opposite direction: swipe from back to front again only to the middle and then hold it until the blind is completely closed.

(NB. The above text is a copy of the Google translate from the German forum. I followed all of the above paragraphs in the above order using the slider and after that a simple swipe worked again).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

ceej

Post by ceej »

Just been hit by this problem randomly following an unrelated repair at a dealers - and not after a software upgrade. Can confirm these steps resolved it.

Thanks!
Benjiturp

Post by Benjiturp »

Thanks Sidehaas,

My ID.3 is in the workshop currently having the first service, 3.2 update, battery check, etc. I'll see what happens with the blind when I pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be ok but glad you've put this up just in case.
ID.3 Max (2022) in Manganese Grey
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

This was nearly two years ago now but it still comes up occasionally when someone gets an update and the workshop don't finish the job correctly. Glad to have been of help!
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Benjiturp

Post by Benjiturp »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:46 am This was nearly two years ago now but it still comes up occasionally when someone gets an update and the workshop don't finish the job correctly. Glad to have been of help!
Ah I hadn't noticed the date. Got the car back with 3.2 (shows 3.1 on the system which I think is right). Panoramic blind is ok so I assume the original issues are resolved/done properly.

Battery health check came back with module 7 needing replacement (Wrexham VW is becoming a Battery Centre which is a big plus) so I'll look through the forum on that.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Benjiturp wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:14 pm
sidehaas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:46 am This was nearly two years ago now but it still comes up occasionally when someone gets an update and the workshop don't finish the job correctly. Glad to have been of help!
Ah I hadn't noticed the date. Got the car back with 3.2 (shows 3.1 on the system which I think is right). Panoramic blind is ok so I assume the original issues are resolved/done properly.

Battery health check came back with module 7 needing replacement (Wrexham VW is becoming a Battery Centre which is a big plus) so I'll look through the forum on that.
That's good news about Wrexham. If you have any trouble getting booked in, Inchcape Chester also became one relatively recently I think. They did a good job of mine and there wasn't a big queue of cars.
Benjiturp

Post by Benjiturp »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 am
Benjiturp wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:14 pm

That's good news about Wrexham. If you have any trouble getting booked in, Inchcape Chester also became one relatively recently I think. They did a good job of mine and there wasn't a big queue of cars.
That's good to know, thanks for highlighting that. I think Wrexham are looking at 2 months till they're online, so it's not too long a wait. I'll start a separate post about the recall as I can't find too much on people's experiences before and after the fix.

Cheers