Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
CG38

Post by CG38 »

I got a better response from Leaseplan last night regarding how my payments are affected if I lose the grant - so instead of paying £8200 more for losing the £2,500 grant, it's now looking like £3,500 more. It's a joke, and it's all now reliant on whether VW decide to honour the grants themselves or not.
Family Pro - East Derry Wheels.
Collected 16/01/23

the.kes

Post by the.kes »

CG38 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 am I got a better response from Leaseplan last night regarding how my payments are affected if I lose the grant - so instead of paying £8200 more for losing the £2,500 grant, it's now looking like £3,500 more. It's a joke, and it's all now reliant on whether VW decide to honour the grants themselves or not.
VW know which orders are entitled to get the grant, it is shown on the online order form, therefore they should build in order to satisfy that qualification but they seem to be doing things arse about face. Mine expires in 2 days but my dealer tells me I will not be affected financially, but somebody must be bearing that cost.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

I'm going to make a big presumption with this statement, but I'm going to presume that VW saying that all orders before September 31st will have the grant is because they expect an announcement around this time. It isn't possible to have a car ordered on October 1st without the grant yet. They haven't earnt much faith, but it isn't a 100% chance of failure.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

CG38 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 am I got a better response from Leaseplan last night regarding how my payments are affected if I lose the grant - so instead of paying £8200 more for losing the £2,500 grant, it's now looking like £3,500 more. It's a joke, and it's all now reliant on whether VW decide to honour the grants themselves or not.
We have been arguing directly with VW HQ over this very point. It looks like when the car arrives we will have to sell it back to them as we don't have £2.5k lying around!
As I've said elsewhere we are now looking at a MG4, test drive it in a weeks time.
We wanted the ID3 but they just don't seem to care for the people that ordered a year ago.
If the grant was still available I'm sure they would be happy to take the money off the price.
MG have been far better to deal with and very honest about the timescale of buying the MG4 constant contact, videos from the dealership.
We've had one letter from VW and one email, we had to go into the dealership in the end after months of no contact to find out what was going on.
Not a great experience and after over 38 years of driving and buying cars VW have been the worst company I've dealt with.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
DCB

Post by DCB »

I agree, my niggle also includes the dealership. My order was put in on September 24th last year. Two months ago the dealer rang me with the good news that an identical spec -Pro S in white, had become available, then after a pause, he said it would be at a price £1700 more than my order price! I said no, I would rather wait as my order price was fixed. Since then despite me phoning twice, the dealership has not offered me even a tentative date for my order. VW will fail if they carry on like this.
knade

Post by knade »

DCB wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 am I agree, my niggle also includes the dealership. My order was put in on September 24th last year. Two months ago the dealer rang me with the good news that an identical spec -Pro S in white, had become available, then after a pause, he said it would be at a price £1700 more than my order price! I said no, I would rather wait as my order price was fixed. Since then despite me phoning twice, the dealership has not offered me even a tentative date for my order. VW will fail if they carry on like this.
Yeah that is ridiculous, if that car is identical why can it not be assigned to you, at the price that you had agreed, seeing as its there. Its also if you apply basic logic (which is a whole different issue when its comes to VW) been ordered before your car, possibly at an even lower cost, Its just blatant profiteering all round.

I expressed my concern with my dealer here in NI regarding the grant, I ordered 19th Nov 21, and they say the car has a build week of week 47 (week starting 21st November 2022), and all they've said is
"From what we have seen with older ID3 orders they look to be prioritising cars coming through so that they meet the 12 month threshold.

This is purely a trend that we can see, we cannot say for certain what way it will play out.

All we can do is continue to check in on the build schedule to see how it progresses through."
then when I pressed them about putting additional pressure on VW etc,
"we have no direct influence on the build of any individual car, we have expressed our concern to our area sales manager as we have over 100 ID3 orders in the same situation."
That was late August and have heard nothing since except for the bombardment of ID.5 emails / youtube adverts from my dealer etc. :evil:

On a side note I emailed the youtube car review channel electrifying https://www.youtube.com/c/electrifyingcom/videos a couple of weeks ago now to see if they were aware / interested in shining a bit of light on this whole issue, even gave them a link to this thread and haven't heard anything back, I wouldn't blame them though as a relatively small channel still not wanting to get the ire of VW.

// END RANT
lynseyjaymo

Post by lynseyjaymo »

ag-indie wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:03 pm
mediaguy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:36 pm
lynseyjaymo wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:29 pm My car arrived in the UK last Wednesday and I am picking it up on Thursday this week 🥳 🥳 😁 😁
Week of 15th August collecting on 15th September. Another one month turnaround :!:
Was that 1 month from build date to U.K. collection?
After confirmed build week, I didn’t hear anything until last week when it was “it’s on its way to the UK”

Half an hour later, another call - “it’s here and due to arrive at the PDI centre the following day” so mine was clearly delivered via rocket from Germany 😂

I pushed forward for collection as my sales guy will be on holiday and he wanted to do the handover (and probs get the 💰) as soon as he could!
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey with Andoya alloys
Ordered 16th Oct 21 via Listers
#31507…
Status 20 - build week 33
Arrived in UK - Sept 22
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Can you explain more? I don’t understand?
How much will the monthly payments increase if the grant isn’t applied?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

I got impatient and called Tusker. They in turn gave me Marshall's number to call and the person that I spoke to confirmed that they have the car, but that they need 'add the grant back on' because it's within the 12 months period, as well as sorting out a registration number. Apparently that takes a couple of days and I can expect a call at the beginning of next week to arrange delivery.
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
CG38

Post by CG38 »

ag-indie wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:48 am
I don't have a full breakdown as apparently they can't give me a proper quote without cancelling my order and re-ordering..... they are a bit of a joke, however on the back of the envelope calculations they've completed..... (they have made clear that the numbers are "indicative")

My current gross payment is £502 a month (48 month lease)
They're saying if the grant is removed then I'd be £575 a month (gross)

Over 48 months that's £3504.
They did talk about interest rates having increased, but as it's salary sacrifice, I don't have a breakdown of the rates from my original quote, so assuming that the difference is to do with that? I've asked them more questions.

It's a picture of a worst case scenario should VW decide not to honour the grant for November orders. Will just need to ride it out now.
Collected 16/01/23
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

It sounds like you would be better off paying the £2500 in cash, taking out a bank loan to cover it if need be and not giving them the opportunity to re-calculate the whole repayment with a higher interest rate than they've already agreed.

While you're at it you could always ask them what they expect the residual value of the car to be at the end of the 48 months. With such a long order book, I can't see the price of new cars coming down soon and so you would expect the second hand prices to also stay above usual expectations,
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
CG38

Post by CG38 »

Big277wave wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:35 pm It sounds like you would be better off paying the £2500 in cash, taking out a bank loan to cover it if need be and not giving them the opportunity to re-calculate the whole repayment with a higher interest rate than they've already agreed.

While you're at it you could always ask them what they expect the residual value of the car to be at the end of the 48 months. With such a long order book, I can't see the price of new cars coming down soon and so you would expect the second hand prices to also stay above usual expectations,
It's a lease agreement through salary sacrifice, so not able to do that, and in a sense I won't "actually" pay £3,500 because I'm saving on tax and NI, but then I wouldn't actually pay £2,500 either if that was all that changed.
Collected 16/01/23
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

A bit concerned by the leaseplan stuff i queried with my lease company. Who advised my price is fixed regardless of when the car is delivered and is not dependent upon any grants etc. Admittedly it's a personal lease rather than business/salary sacrifice type deal. Frustratingly still 00 though
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Broker: Plan Car Leasing
Order: Cancelled
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Bigd0205 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:26 pm A bit concerned by the leaseplan stuff i queried with my lease company. Who advised my price is fixed regardless of when the car is delivered and is not dependent upon any grants etc. Admittedly it's a personal lease rather than business/salary sacrifice type deal. Frustratingly still 00 though
A Max ordered in 2021 cost more than £35,000, so was not eligible for the grant.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
mastacar1

Post by mastacar1 »

CG38 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:15 pm
ag-indie wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:48 am
I don't have a full breakdown as apparently they can't give me a proper quote without cancelling my order and re-ordering..... they are a bit of a joke, however on the back of the envelope calculations they've completed..... (they have made clear that the numbers are "indicative")

My current gross payment is £502 a month (48 month lease)
They're saying if the grant is removed then I'd be £575 a month (gross)

Over 48 months that's £3504.
They did talk about interest rates having increased, but as it's salary sacrifice, I don't have a breakdown of the rates from my original quote, so assuming that the difference is to do with that? I've asked them more questions.

It's a picture of a worst case scenario should VW decide not to honour the grant for November orders. Will just need to ride it out now.
I managed to get my Family PP for £330 a month with 1 month's payment in advance, 48 month as well.
CG38

Post by CG38 »

mastacar1 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:54 pm
I managed to get my Family PP for £330 a month with 1 month's payment in advance, 48 month as well.
Mine works out a similar price after tax and ni if I get to keep my grant. 15k miles per year.
Collected 16/01/23
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

Just to close the loop I picked up my car on the 13/09/22. It would have been available on the 01/09/22 but the loan through the EST took time to come through.

Coming from a 12 year old Yeti the difference is just crazy. Yet to go on a long journey but around town it's been great to drive.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
knade

Post by knade »

DickieBoy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:53 am Just to close the loop I picked up my car on the 13/09/22. It would have been available on the 01/09/22 but the loan through the EST took time to come through.

Coming from a 12 year old Yeti the difference is just crazy. Yet to go on a long journey but around town it's been great to drive.
Was yours a preexisting order that you picked up? Do you have your order number? Is it a non performance pro, curious as that's what I've ordered a day before yours and last update was week 47 build.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Not sure this would be relevant to anyone here but just for info but my contact Ben at Plan Leasing now has a White Max and a Stonewashed Blue Tour Pro S available to offer, not sure on the delivery time frame but would imagine similar to mine and being suggested as March next year. And no I'm not on the payroll or getting a commission! 😂
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

knade wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:18 am Was yours a preexisting order that you picked up? Do you have your order number? Is it a non performance pro, curious as that's what I've ordered a day before yours and last update was week 47 build.
Not as far as I am aware. Or if it was the dealership didn't let on that it was. Family Pro, Moonstone with East Derry wheels. Order number was 3156...

Difficult to work out why some are coming before others but there must be some form of logic. If dealerships have quota's of models and trims that might be playing a part. Or maybe it was a pre existing stock order and they just didn't tell me.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)