Insurance renewal - Ouch!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sheps

Post by Sheps »

I've just been quoted for a £125 increase in my insurance premium. Has anyone else come across this slap in the face?

steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

Ours was £10 less this year, I would shop around.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Sheps wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:05 pm I've just been quoted for a £125 increase in my insurance premium. Has anyone else come across this slap in the face?
What is that in percentage terms? Have you been involved in any accidents (even no-fault claims can put you at higher risk as per their risk calculations, in the short term) or made any claims?

Switching from 2 x 204ps ID3 to 2 x 231ps Born increased our insurance by £9 per car in June (Admiral multicar), but that was before this current crisis that will probably force prices up through wage inflation of the insurance company staff and other factors.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

steviebabes wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:34 pm Ours was £10 less this year, I would shop around.
This.

There is no benefit with brand loyalty these days.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Sheps

Post by Sheps »

I have been shopping around and the price quoted (£445 last year, £575 this year) is currently the best available. No-one can explain why the increase. No changes to my self or my policy requirements. I was quoted over £1000 by one company. Even they couldn't understand why.

Can anyone recommend any companies? I'm with LV and have also run through a quote with COnfused.com. They appeared cheaper but I haven't spoken to anyone to correct anomalies in the computer lists (I'm self-employed and don't fit the standard lists)
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

As you say - ouch!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

Has there been a spate of local insurance claims? A few thefts of tools from vans or a few cars keyed can quickly change your local risk rate and as a result your postcode might have moved into a different category.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

I havnt completed any quotes for an iD3 as yet but due to delays I will need to reinsure my current car in November, in the past I’ve found I get different results from different comparison sites so don’t stop at just Confused.com , whilst it is a pain do run a few other like the Meerkat etc
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Mine was 449 with the extra bits they add on .
If you’re comparing don’t forget some are not on comparison sites, I’m not with them but I understand direct line do a EV policy that includes some charging
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car