Under the Bonnet

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Have a look at this photo which shows a plastic bag inserted at the bonnet hinge. Both hinges have this, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they are or if they have a function. So far I've resisted the urge to pull them out in case I disturb something. I'm thinking they are just a transport item the dealership has forgotten to remove. Anyone else got these?

IMG_4037.jpg

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

The Dealership said there was bags of technology under the bonnet 😄. How odd. I cant look at mine as its still at the dealership for its SW upgdade.
Cant imagine its a functional addition.
Dave
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

I've found several plastic bags fully of air under the bonnet. There are some on each side near the wheel arch too.
Given the complete new design, they are likely to fundamental to the vehicle operation. Perhaps V2.2, 3, 4, will remove them.
Suggest don't remove in case a few plastic bags void the warrantee and further screw up the software!!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'd noticed these as well.
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

I had these in my 2007 Seat Altea in the trunk between rear wing and frame.
I thought it is for vibration noise cancelling.
Saw them in my ID.3 also.
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Well now I am reassured that these are a normal fitment and have a function. I'd never come across them before in spite of my last four cars being VW' s. :)
Car is going in next week for ceramic coating - a birthday present apparently. When I had the car assessed the guy said the paint was very good and would need little correction prior to coating. Getting wheels and glass done as well.