id3 recall for software glitch

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
pumph

Post by pumph »

I've just tried to book my 2 year 'inspection service' and have been told that my model is subject to a recall because of a software fault. However, the dealer told me that they are only allowed to do two of these a week (?????????? ) and that their diary is booked for the next 5Mths!!! Has anyone else come across this? This type of service doesn't incline me to go with VW for my next car.

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I guess you didn't get the email then. Have you had any updates to the car in the last 2 years, you'd likely have required 2.1 done at a dealer followed by 2.3 over the air and now 2.4 seems to be outstaning which VW contacted customers about a few months ago, It's a battery recall not a software glitch, so dealership on the button there.. I'm assuiming you have a registered email with VW.
pumph

Post by pumph »

Thanks, I'll check this out - I've got no problem with the recall, just the dealership only able to do 2 a week and a 5 month wait as a result.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

pumph wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:04 pm Thanks, I'll check this out - I've got no problem with the recall, just the dealership only able to do 2 a week and a 5 month wait as a result.
Only doing 2 a week seems to be quite a common occurence, where mine was done they were only doing two I think. They also only took the cars in on certain days of the week. (Tues & Thurs) .Unfortunately the wait might be due to the replacement battery shortage, it might also be worth trying somewhere else if you can.
Pj7671

Post by Pj7671 »

Struggling for a year to get mine fixed please see video. Have been told there are not faults.

Share and like to get VW to pay attention to poor software quality assurance.
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

It might be your 12v battery is low or not charging properly. Do you have voltmeter to test?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Stone washed Blue | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | Wallbox Home Charger
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

Mine either does this when it's warm or turns up the drivers heat to max.

I think it's related to the touch sensitive buttons as the power button is on one end of the panel and the temp increase button is on the other end and the higher temperatures cause a distortion on the control panel.

When it reboots, it goes into a reboot loop that can last 10 minutes, almost as if the power button is being held down permanently. VW can't fix it as there's no error codes.

It's not done it since the temperatures have cooled. I've not seen any other cases apart from this so I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the car, just a small batch of capacitive buttons being a bit crap and I don't care at the moment as I have a new one coming along at some point.