Alarm going off when starting charge…..

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

On my home Zappi. Never previously happened in the 15 months of ownership. I know there are older posts about this happening, but mine has had the battery replacement and 2.4 update (2.3), and I sort of hoped that issues like this were history.
Another weird thing which may be associated with this alarm scenario is that about a week ago, when charging overnight, there was a loud bang, which actually woke me up. My neighbour said that there was also a flash of light. Neither me or my neighbour could be sure where the bang and flash originated. Was it our car, which was in the garage, or was it something totally unrelated? On both occasions, there appears to be nothing wrong with the systems in the car. It drives fine, and everything seems to work as it always has done, except now the alarm has gone off when charging.
I am going to try to replicate the issue when I deplete the battery a bit more.
It’s now booked in with the dealer. Strange reaction from the dealer when I told him about this. When I first arrived at reception, he asked what car I had. When I told him an ID3, he laughed. That doesn’t give me much confidence for the future.