Post V3 Update Mobile App Range Variation

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
fatman

Post by fatman »

Hi there,

I have noticed since updating ID3 to V3 software (part 1 and 2) that when I check on WeConnect App on my phone the range (miles remaining varies even when car is sat on drive and not move). For example, in the car It states I have 96 miles remaining but in the application it has varied a few times. The actual percentage remaining has been accurate but the range for some reason changes every few hours.

Anyone noticed something similar?
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

fatman wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:03 pm Hi there,

I have noticed since updating ID3 to V3 software (part 1 and 2) that when I check on WeConnect App on my phone the range (miles remaining varies even when car is sat on drive and not move). For example, in the car It states I have 96 miles remaining but in the application it has varied a few times. The actual percentage remaining has been accurate but the range for some reason changes every few hours.

Anyone noticed something similar?
There is a common issue for some people whereby the km/mile conversion somehow gets messed up between car and app, so the app intermittently reports a range 1.61x less than it should. Perhaps it's that?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Yes...any fix yet?
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The fix is to just look at % and ignore the GOM :)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
smuj

Post by smuj »

Mines been doing that ever since I collected it Dec 21and I’m still on v2.4. As sidehass remarked just check the %
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
ricko

Post by ricko »

Hi

If you unlock the car, eg to get something out of the boot, then relock it without "powering up" the issue happens
Multiply your miles by 8/5 !

By the way it affects the website as well as the app

I have had an ongoing open issue report with VW over this for 6 months .... :shock:

Rick
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180