ID3 Software Update V3

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
fatman

Post by fatman »

Hi All,

Got the notification to start update to V3 today and should be currently updating. Says it can take 6-8 hours. Any idea how I would know if car is actually updating as there isnt any lights shown on the cluster?

Thanks
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

If you open the door it will tell you it’s happening. Don’t sit down!
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
fatman

Post by fatman »

Doors are locked.and any lights on cluster shoud be on.am not sure ?
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Lights definitely off
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

While it's updating, for most of the period there should be a small red triangle visible if you look from outside the car, and for some of the period another small red light. Nothing else. I advise setting it off before you go to bed and not looking until the morning...
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fatman

Post by fatman »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:34 pm While it's updating, for most of the period there should be a small red triangle visible if you look from outside the car, and for some of the period another small red light. Nothing else. I advise setting it off before you go to bed and not looking until the morning...
Not here.i wonder if it is updating?😂
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

fatman wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:47 pm
sidehaas wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:34 pm While it's updating, for most of the period there should be a small red triangle visible if you look from outside the car, and for some of the period another small red light. Nothing else. I advise setting it off before you go to bed and not looking until the morning...
Not here.i wonder if it is updating?😂
I assume you pressed to install the update on the goodbye screen, followed the prompts, saw the screen that said it would update after you locked the car, then got out and locked the car? If so I think there's a high chance it'll be updating :)
(If you just got the message about the update and didn't realise you had to go through those steps to start the installation, it won't be).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
fatman

Post by fatman »

lets see what happen 10.15pm
Wadard

Post by Wadard »

I have a Tour Pro S ordered June 2021 and delivered November 2021. It has had the 2.4 and battery update but no sign yet of the update 3. Will it definitely arrive?
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Mine did, totally out of the blue!

It occurred after a couple of long (90 min) drives.
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Id3 58 kwh version , software 2.3 ( and new battery) .
Updated last September I think .

Still awaiting v3.0 - is this a dealer job Or OTA ?

My question , the range display seems to have dropped quite a bit recently, is this the bad weather or the software .
Noticed more having driven Leicester to London and return . With a /c on . Rainy weather for 4 people and cool

Condensation a problem on the front window screen these days as well . Any one else having this ?

Thks.
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Dealer or OTA?.. It's OTA but you won't be getting it any time soon as it's not on general release.

Range, what was your m/kWh (consumption) on your trip, 4 up, A/C. cold conditions and motorway driving will not be good for consumption and your GoM will base it's figures on recent journeys.

Condensation (fogging) then the concensus is you need to use a decent alcohol based glass cleaner to give the windscreen a good clean initially (and maybe again in a couple of months) plus use a conservative A/C setting at all times as the A/C reduces the moisture content of the air.
Condensation (extreme to Dripping Wet) then check carpets etc and ensure no leaks anywhere.
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Thanks for reply .

It doesn't help , I suppose when my son switched the mode to sport , and I forgot to reset it to ECO mode .
LOL

Will try to clean the screen as you have said .
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
KelvinForce9

Post by KelvinForce9 »

SOFTWARE UPGRADES:- We delivered our id3 1st Edition, in full working order, to the local dealer for its first service on 05 December 2022 and the car is still with them due to repeated software upgrade related problems.
The first problem appears to have been caused by the new software (V2.4) not recognising the reversing camera as our car had been fitted with an assembly made for the VW Golf. Eventually the camera was replaced and the upgrade to V2.4 completed on 06 January 2023.
However, as my wife and I are both 73 years old and incapable of making the over the air upgrade to V3.0 so the dealer offered to make the upgrade on our behalf but this failed and today we were told that they were unable to guarantee the drivability of the vehicle.
What does this mean; they have broken our car rendering unserviceable plus they are unable to give any indication of when they can fix the problem.
How can VW expect its owners to undertake upgrading the vehicle software when it appears that their own agents are incapable?
As a side issue I contacted VW Customer Service and was given no help whatsoever other than a complaint number and being told that in situations like this they had no authority and/or responsibility and the Dealer was solely responsible for resolving the matter.
It used to be that a car service was an oil & filter change plus a rub down with an oily rag but now days its a software upgrade hoping that it does not leave your car unserviceable as in our case.
VW have got to do better; we have owned 3 x Toyota Hybrids, 4 x Lexus Hybrids and a Mercedes B class EV all with no problems and certainly nothing related with software upgrades.
It was not so long ago that we complained about Microsoft using its customers to debug its Windows operating systems; however, unlike a computer a car has the potential to kill. Note the actions of Boeing when, recently, they withdrew the 737 Max8 from service due to issues with its software.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Am I the only one who thinks vw are pricing thier ev cars too high? Why not bring out a basic id3 with ice car type extras for sub 30k rather than trying to outdo Tesla etc?
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

(in reply to MattgID3)

If they reintroduce a basic Life Pro with the old spec that will presumably be around £35k or so, which is unfortunately competitive with anything similar from Western manufacturers. If they bring back the 45kwh battery, hopefully it would be less than that again. It's virtually impossible to find a new electric car under £30k except for one from MG. I think you can also get a minimum spec Leaf with a 40kwh battery and chademo connection (no thanks). Even things that are significantly smaller like Fiat 500e, Corsa e, e208, Mini electric, all start from over £30k. Hopefully Tesla's price reductions will put downward pressure on prices of other cars, but I'm not holding my breadth because they don't make a direct competitor to these smaller ones, Musk puts many people off and most manufacturers are supply-constrained.

They definitely over priced the ID5. You can already get them pre reg or with very low mileage for the same price as ID4s. I'm hoping they price the ID7 a bit more competitively...but it looks really big so I'm not hopeful (closer to a Model S than a 3).

I guess VW's most direct competitors in EV space are the Koreans and their prices are all fairly similar to the closest equivalent VW.
Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 »

Electric cars are too expensive now for working folks like me,if I didn’t buy our Tour Pro in 2021 before everything went so crazy we wouldn’t afford any electric car now,we would have to go back to ICE cars.Same deposit,same years and same miles,it’s more than double what we are paying now,it’s crazy !
MattP

Post by MattP »

Totally agree. We have two years left on our lease, but if the prices stay anything like what they are now, I’ll be going back to ice. Basically the same car is £200 more expensive a month.
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

My car with 3.0OTA keeps telling me that I have another update to install in the last couple of days but the conditions have not been right for me to install.

Not sure what the update is though, has anyone else that has had 3.0 for a little while had an update prompt?

(Hopefully I’ll get a chance of the next few days to arrive at my destination with sufficient charge that I get prompted to install again)
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Nothing here. I assume you have part 2 already? Please report back :)