Yet another error - can’t display distance

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Jono

Post by Jono »

Within a mile of Leaving service to correct the two previous errors, I now get a new one advising that total distance can’t be displayed and to visit service. To make things worse this error takes a quarter after the screen and doesn’t go away, it even restricts other information that normally displays in that area.

4 errors in 3 days of picking up - not impressed.

edgedlee

Post by edgedlee »

I’m still waiting for my dealer to correct this error which occurred after the 12v battery completely discharged while sitting in my garage and had to be restored by VW Assistance (aka the AA). I took the car in first thing Monday this week and late on Tuesday they told me that the 2.1 update hadn’t solved the problem and they were waiting for Germany to tell them how to fix it. It’s now Thursday and still no news!
edgedlee

Post by edgedlee »

I phoned them this morning (Friday) and they said the fix that VWUK had suggested didn’t work so they are escalating the problem to VW Germany. Apparently they can’t complete the update either because the error message is showing! They hope to have more news next Tuesday .......
edgedlee

Post by edgedlee »

And the saga goes on! Had a call this morning (Tuesday 16th) to say that the VW Factory had suggested they replace a part but they couldn’t order the part yet as the “catalogue” is being updated .........
Jono

Post by Jono »

You really couldn’t make this stuff up - it’s a total fiasco. The sad thing is, VW font seem to care.
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

We had this problem , as well as SOS error , the dealer ended up ordering and fitting a new control unit . Seems to have solved the problem . ( New control unit 1 week to order and fit, VW supplied a hire car .)
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
edgedlee

Post by edgedlee »

The part my dealer has been asked to replace is a “body control unit” which they are now able to order as the parts catalogue has been updated. Likely to take 5 days to receive the part and promised me an update next week - which will be into the third week since I took my car in .......