Selling ID3 through Motorway, anyone?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

Any thoughts from anyone familiar with Motorway?

Long story short:

Ordered ID3 Family pro performance with upgraded alloys in Oct 2021 and only getting delivered now. Not sure if I want it now though, especially with a pending facelift

The sales lady said VW wouldn't want it when I was chatting to her as they already have a few.

I'm paying £30k for it and Motorway are offering £32.5k for a 2022 version of the same car, used, with delivery miles, but how 'locked in' would that price be?

Maybe they would offer a bit more for a brand new 2023 but I can't even get a quote on a 2023 car so no idea.

For reference, you can pick up the same car on autotrader from VW dealers for £35k

Trying to decide if its too risky to buy and try and sell for a profit or not. That wasn't my intention when I ordered the car, its just that 16 months later, I really like the car I've currently got and there is a new facelift coming too.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

If VW dealers are selling used for £35k, they won't want to pay you more than £30k for it, more like £29k - they expect a 20% margin on used cars.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Sold an 18 month old first edition to a dealer on Motorway 6 months ago and got £1000 more than i paid for it , dealer got burnt though because i saw it on auto trader later at the same price he paid me
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I did the same back in October and almost came unstuck.
The problem I had with Motorway, quite apart from what Monkeyhanger said, is that if the car is too new and dealers dont seem to have access to history and HPI ETC they pass on a bid.
I was offered £32k from Motorway for a Life Pro in white with 19" wheels.
In the end I sold it myself to Marshals in Loughton for £34k. It had 174 miles on it when they took it. It was in their showroom 5 days later for £38k.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

I'm just going to buy the car and drive it - I've been waiting this long, may as well get it now for £30k

Just need to decide on the best home charger for ID3, any thoughts anyone?
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey East Derry Alloys :D
Order No 3150xxxx :)
Ordered around middle of October 2021 :?
Build date still unknown - due wk38 then email from dealer to say it will be delayed further than this :oops:
knade

Post by knade »

I've not got it installed yet but I've went for Ohme home pro charger, as they are meant to have decent support and while not fully integrated yet they appear to be a VW partner now.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Think I'd get an Ohme if I were to get a charger installed again
Casparh

Post by Casparh »

I've fitted a few Easee chargers lately and it's what I've got at home. Very quick and easy to install and setup. Manufactured in Norway and they know a thing or too about electric vehicles. Very reasonably priced too, approximately £500+vat if you have a decent wholesaler.
Lauriec

Post by Lauriec »

I sold my bmw x3 through motorway when I bought the id3 . Price offered much higher than dealer whole process went really smoothly. Took the photos, and offer came back .Next day car collected and taken to a bmw main dealer, I’m in Berkshire dealer was in Cardiff. Contacted me as soon a car arrived, three hours later money hit my bank. Would certainly look to sell the id3 that way when I move it on before year end.