Software version for older models?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Has it ever been mentioned anywhere which software version will be the best we will get with older cars?
Mine has been on V3.0 for ages, so is that it now? Registered September 21.

smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

It’s a very good question that I don’t think we will get a clear answer for. At the very least I was hoping for 3.2 on my 2022 car and I don’t think it would be unfair to expect 3.5 when that comes out.

What VW delivers is very likely to be a mystery even to them
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

As you are well aware ALL the previous cars are still expecting to be rolled onto 3.0. 1st Edition onwards, VW has not made any announcment that they won't be. (Yet, although they gave a good hint).

So the answer is 'No, until such time as VW announce the total failure of the software update program and admit defeat'.

Just to remind you, yours is on 3.0 because you signed up for the trial, otherwise you'd still be on 2.4 like thousands of others.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:12 am As you are well aware ALL the previous cars are still expecting to be rolled onto 3.0. 1st Edition onwards, VW has not made any announcment that they won't be. (Yet, although they gave a good hint).

So the answer is 'No, until such time as VW announce the total failure of the software update program and admit defeat'.

Just to remind you, yours is on 3.0 because you signed up for the trial, otherwise you'd still be on 2.4 like thousands of others.
Is that a reply to me? If so, I didn't sign up for any trial. Mine was updated by the dealer, as there were software issues with mine that they couldn't solve. I believe dealers are allowed to update people's cars if they deem it necessary.
smuj

Post by smuj »

Scratch wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:32 pm Has it ever been mentioned anywhere which software version will be the best we will get with older cars?
Mine has been on V3.0 for ages, so is that it now? Registered September 21.
No. Like you I’m a late 2021 owner. Wouldn’t be surprised if all us v2.4 folks remain there. While I’m not too bothered by this as I don’t think v3.0 offers me much personally I’m totally pissed off at the way VW have treated everyone.

I’ve been a VW owner, Golf, for nigh on 50 years, but as much as I love my ID3 my next car will not be a VW. I’ll be sticking to electric, love it, but with another brand. Much more to choose from then anyway but never again a VW.
Smuj

I’m an analogue man in a digital world
———————————————————————————————————
Family Pro Performance 58KW. Stonewashed Blue, East Derry wheels.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Scratch wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:23 am
G43FAN wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:12 am As you are well aware ALL the previous cars are still expecting to be rolled onto 3.0. 1st Edition onwards, VW has not made any announcment that they won't be. (Yet, although they gave a good hint).

Is that a reply to me? If so, I didn't sign up for any trial. Mine was updated by the dealer, as there were software issues with mine that they couldn't solve. I believe dealers are allowed to update people's cars if they deem it necessary.
Yes, I couldn't remember how you'd got your update.. you are in an even more niche group then (currently) in that you have had an OTA update delivered by the dealer. An update some deslers won't even acknolwedge exists.
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Apologies, being new to the forums, if this is a bit repetitive: is there any info on when 1st edition id3’s will be updated to 3.0? I had 2.4 installed months ago