Pulse Inverter Software Update - "Close Windows" instruction

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
JohnBEV1

Post by JohnBEV1 »

Hi Folks.
Has any one seen this OTA "Adaption of the Pulse Inverter software" update (see attached screen photos)? My ID3 is currently running version 3.0.0 last week it started showing "update available" when I park the car. Problem is when I go to Settings menu and select Software to see the installed versions then check for system Updates it always asks to "Close windows" and the actual Update button is greyed out. I think it wants me to ensure the windows are closed because during the software install the alarm system is deactivated. However, the windows are already closed!! Tried opening and closing all four windows, opening and closing doors, but cannot get rid of the "Close Windows" instruction and therefore cannot run this update. Annoying! It also implies I cannot do any further OTA updates until this one is completed.
The car is running fine without this update, but wondering if anyone else has seen this and have the got a solution.

VW ID3 Close Windows Message.jpg

Pulse Inverter software info pt2.jpg

Pulse Inverter software info pt1.jpg

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

If the windows are already closed, but it still gives you the close windows message, pull up both window switches for 10 seconds, then switch them to rear window mode and repeat. This apparently recalibrates them and it will then allow you to proceed. This was a common issue for people doing the 3.0 OTA update too (it happened to me).
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
JohnBEV1

Post by JohnBEV1 »

Thanks, that worked today.
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

Worked for me as well. Car now updating...
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
kenny8

Post by kenny8 »

Thank you for that, it worked for me and the car is now updating. Much appreciated.
Jiffie

Post by Jiffie »

Thanks for that, I had the same problem. It seemed to go through the update process, after resetting the windows, however when I go into system information it is still giving the version number as 3.0.0, as it was before the update, is this correct or should the version number be further on. The other information on the screen is,

Device part number: 10A035820H
Hardware: H30
Software: 0333
Display Unit/Control panel hardware: H56
Display Unit/Control panel software: 2101
Navigation database: 23.3

When I went into system updates following the update, I got a message saying making connection to finalise the update, but no further messages.

Any help appreciated.
VW ID3 Family Pro, Steel Wheels, Stonewashed Blue. Registered 2022, Firmware Version 3.0. Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger.
Jiffie

Post by Jiffie »

Took the car out after the update, didn't notice any short jolt but the car was driving OK. I found a post on another forum which indicated that this was a minor update and does not affect the software version number, so all is as it should be.

Also there were some drivers who noticed a very soft jolt and others who like me didn't notice anything, so all is well it would seem.
VW ID3 Family Pro, Steel Wheels, Stonewashed Blue. Registered 2022, Firmware Version 3.0. Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger.