Timed charging 3.2

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
DAN142

Post by DAN142 »

Having had my ID3 first upgraded from 2.4 to 3.2 the software finally seems to work as expected, but timed charging set up from my EO home charger at Octopus Go times now only charges at 4kw. When I manually stop the charge and restarts it goes at the expected 7kw. Has anyone any suggestions other than starting the charge manually at half past midnight?

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

EO will need to apply a fix from their end, this has happened to lots of people with Ohme, Podpoint and EO chargers, although mostly when they were switched to 2.4. Alternatively, you can just put the EO in to a mode where it just charges immediately without trying to do any scheduling, and instead schedule all your charging from the car. That's what I've done since I got 3.0 and it works very well.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

One thing to watch out for using the timed charging location feature on the car is that sometimes, on mine at least, it defaulted to charge immediately instead of charge at scheduled time. On the car switch-off screen you can toggle between the 2 options
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
DAN142

Post by DAN142 »

Thanks
Harrybrattbakk

Post by Harrybrattbakk »

I have the same issue Dan, EO not responding to my email or there tech support seems impossible to get through too
StewartManley

Post by StewartManley »

Schedule in the car, not at the charge point. When you plug in, check it hasn't flipped back to "charge Immediately".
2021 Tour Pro S, software v3.2, Stonewashed Blue.
lntelligent Octopus Go. Zappi. Solar.
EV driver since early 2018. E-cyclist. Retired.
Octopus referral https://share.octopus.energy/tough-lark-325
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I didn't know it was an issue until now, had this with my pod point charger a couple of times.

How have you got 3.2? I got upgraded to 2.4 back in March but I hadn't heard anything about 3.2
Harrybrattbakk

Post by Harrybrattbakk »

StewartManley wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:03 pm Schedule in the car, not at the charge point. When you plug in, check it hasn't flipped back to "charge Immediately".

Tried that last night, didn't work - Had to manually put the charger on to get it to charger at 32A (7kw) - Works perfectly without issue on all public chargers, only where a schedule is used its only charging at 3.6kw,
Harrybrattbakk

Post by Harrybrattbakk »

CarterHounslow wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:40 pm I didn't know it was an issue until now, had this with my pod point charger a couple of times.

How have you got 3.2? I got upgraded to 2.4 back in March but I hadn't heard anything about 3.2
Yeh got 3.2 on the 8th June at VW during my service, since then problems with charging
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Harrybrattbakk wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:10 am
StewartManley wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:03 pm Schedule in the car, not at the charge point. When you plug in, check it hasn't flipped back to "charge Immediately".

Tried that last night, didn't work - Had to manually put the charger on to get it to charger at 32A (7kw) - Works perfectly without issue on all public chargers, only where a schedule is used its only charging at 3.6kw,
Sounds like you still have a schedule on your Podpoint. You need to turn that off.
Set everything up such that there are no schedules anywhere and the car charges immediately when you plug in. If that doesn't work you have a charger problem. Assuming it does, then progress to create a schedule in the car.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Harrybrattbakk

Post by Harrybrattbakk »

spoke with EO, To be fair to them, they are aware of an issue caused by software updates as part of the Volkswagen group EV's, There is a fix that is applied directly to the charger firmware and requires a engineer visit, 3-4 weeks currently due to demand,