Starting at first post

Suggestions & Help using the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

The forum always used to default to the last post but since last week it now starts at the first post. I am using Chrome if that makes any difference. It would be better if it went to the last unread post as most forums seem to do but the last post isn't too bad.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Same here
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G EV

Post by G EV »

Hi @steviebabes and @sidehaas - this has been bugging me also. I have only ever viewed on Safari on my mobile. Although not the same behaviour that we used to see, I just found that you can go into your profile and change the default view settings. So now I have the newest post in a thread at the top. Similar as to how it used to be. Hope this helps.
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

I don't have a default view setting in my profile, only how old a thread to display in 'edit display options'. I now just use the link at the top of the first post 'First unread post'. This seems a good workaround until the forum next updates.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
Handydave

Post by Handydave »

There really should be an option to bring you automatically to the first unread post in a thread.

As @steviebabes says, you can do this manually but it should be automatic as happens in most other forums.
ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance 204PS | Makena Turquoise | East Derry Alloys
Delivered: May 2023