3.2 installed at the dealer today!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
jbvwnotes

Post by jbvwnotes »

Just had my car returned without battery or tyre updates. Car has to go to Kidlington VW for high voltage work but cannot be booked in till Dec.
Having now to drive with suspect tyres and no spare or canister. Should a new car be sold without tyre change/ repair kit ?

CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

G4XUR wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:01 pm My ID3 has gone in today for 3.2, tyre recall and HV battery check. Replacement EV vehicle provided. Not sure how long!
Should be 2-3 Days. Mine went in Monday morning and apparently all done, picking it up end of today as all done.
ProstetnicVogonJeltz

Post by ProstetnicVogonJeltz »

I had the 2.4 > 3.0 update several months ago, but the 3.0 > 3.2 update installed at the dealership last week. It worked first time (better than the 3.0 update) but...

1. The VW update blurb talks about bug fixes, new functionality etc but doesn't cover the BIG ELEPHANT which is that, after 3.2 is installed, VW will find out if there are any high voltage battery faults. If you are (un)lucky enough to have these, your car will need a new battery module or complete pack. My dealership doesn't carry this out and the nearest capable garage was booked up two months ahead for this operation, which indicates there are a lot of needy cars around. (I was told that my car would be taken to a garage in Exeter, 250 miles away, if I needed this.)

2. After the update I had to add my charging location(s) back in, which was a pain, but at least they are still remembered and not immediately forgotten.

3. At exactly 10pm the day I collected my car, the alarm went off. There was no obvious trigger for this. At exactly 10pm the next evening, the alarm went off. I'm currently waiting for 10pm tonight to see if it happens again. Anyone find this too? I noticed, each time, that something had changed on the home screen (the icon set), so I'm wondering if the car is sneakily installing follow-up software at a certain time, and inadvertently causing an alarm fault.

Apart from that... watch this space!
Bill Manhire’s not getting any younger.
steviebabes

Post by steviebabes »

Ours went in for the update last week. It took two days, we didn't require a courtesy car, however none was offered! On collection we were told the HV battery had passed it's test but the Goodyear 19" tyres needed replacing under warranty. They also agreed that the puddle light projectors were distorted and they too will be replaced under warranty.The 2 year service under the VW plan is due in September so the warranty work will be carried out at the same time.
The car came back with software 3.1 and this was soon followed by an over the air update to 3.2. This only took a few minutes and was for minor bug issues apparently. Updating the app was a bit of a faff with 'buying' a mobile data contract for another 3 years, this was all free of charge. The app now works as expected with no car/phone mileage discrepancys.
Next job, sign up for Intelligent Octopus.
ID3 Life Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya 19in Alloys
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

3.2 update done 2 weeks ago. All seems good except I now get the message that my iPhone is disconnected. Happens virtually every time I take the car out.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Scratch wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:36 am 3.2 update done 2 weeks ago. All seems good except I now get the message that my iPhone is disconnected. Happens virtually every time I take the car out.
That's interesting - I have an Android phone and I regularly get 'mobile phone connection has been lost' messages now. Never got this before the 3.2 update as far as I can recall. My phone is quite old so I was thinking it was a problem with my phone rather than the car, but maybe not...
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Sherlock wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:17 am
Scratch wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:36 am 3.2 update done 2 weeks ago. All seems good except I now get the message that my iPhone is disconnected. Happens virtually every time I take the car out.
That's interesting - I have an Android phone and I regularly get 'mobile phone connection has been lost' messages now. Never got this before the 3.2 update as far as I can recall. My phone is quite old so I was thinking it was a problem with my phone rather than the car, but maybe not...
No, unfortunately it sems to be a 'New' bug.. my S22 Samsung also sees the issue. I can't say as I have seen any actual issue, just the message appears.
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

CarterHounslow wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:47 pm
G4XUR wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:01 pm My ID3 has gone in today for 3.2, tyre recall and HV battery check. Replacement EV vehicle provided. Not sure how long!
Should be 2-3 Days. Mine went in Monday morning and apparently all done, picking it up end of today as all done.
Got mine back yesterday, 3.2 installed (7 days with an "eUP", fantastic little cars). HV Battery all ok, another new 12v battery fitted and new tyres fitted; Continental replacing Goodyear. All under warrrantee.
Now to sort out the primary user issue as can only drive as guest since collection. Have a case open with VW ID Connect Support. more to follow!
Iansjh

Post by Iansjh »

Had the update to 3.2, then had the battery module fault. Only had to wait 3 weeks for this to be fixed, at a different dealer, but same franchise. Courtesy car supplied, one battery module replaced, took two days. The Franchise (Parkway Kettering/Northampton) have been excellent so far. However driving into work today I apparently used 16% of battery when usually it is 9%. This is from an overnight charge of 80%. Does the system need to re-calibrate itself or is this a potential issue that needs addressing.
Co-incidentally the courtesy car, an ID3 Max/Tour (bigger battery, 19" wheels, HUD, electric seats, 4 seater) only used 6% each way on my daily commute (20 miles)
TheMack

Post by TheMack »

Ours went in today, so will wait to see what the verdict is.
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh
Ordered Sep 2021
Delivered May 2022
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Presumably 3.2 software updated at dealership but now I’ve problems with the app - I’m unable to do much as its in a foreign language!!

Fire up the app

1F717D47-4D30-4AAD-A21E-CF6810CDADFA.jpeg

Select Mobile Online Services

61E2FBBF-6C70-4A21-AF2F-028D1315F280.jpeg

Continue To My Volkswagen

450F614D-F226-403D-A5CD-3D5F75E2D469.jpeg

What goes on??

(I’ve logged out and in again).

Ava
ID.3 1st Edition
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

I have the same problem, can only use vehicle as a Guest wount recognise any login attempt.
/have a case open with VW.
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

I also have the same problem since update on Thursday.

VW have no clue how to fix it so escalated it which from past experience means no further contact for days.

Vw software is really unfit for purpose - I am surprised nobody has suggested a class action against. I, for one would sign up in a heart beat.

Dave
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

daveevans8 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:44 am I also have the same problem since update on Thursday.

VW have no clue how to fix it so escalated it which from past experience means no further contact for days.

Vw software is really unfit for purpose - I am surprised nobody has suggested a class action against. I, for one would sign up in a heart beat.

Dave
Whilst I tend to agree that the software is certainly not the best, I believe your experience is more down to the individual VW dealer and their knowledge of how to fix these things. My September 21 ID3 has never been able to complete OTA for major updates, so always went to the dealer. I have never had a problem after getting the car back and never has it taken longer than 1.5 days to complete. I am on software V3.2. I couldn’t recommend my dealer enough for warranty work.
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

My dealer is not the problem. Can only say good things about Heritage Salisbury.

The problem is that the Cariad team are not up to the job. VW keeping it in-house was a major failing on the part of management.
Pepet2

Post by Pepet2 »

Had a similar problem back in May when got 3.2 installed, could only sign in as a guest. Did resolve it by using Rossab's suggestion in his post at 7.18 on Sat May 13, see link - viewtopic.php?p=39102#p39102

Also seem to recall I had to ensure I was signed up to BOTH We Connect and We Connect Plus, so in the car infotainment screen go to SHOP and check that those two item have a green tick against them. If not then you will need to add one or both of them ( it shouldn't cost anything ) and once completed, green tick(s) should appear.

Good luck and hope this works.
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Pepet2

Many thanks for the above info - sorted problem comparatively easily.

Pity We Connect support do not appear to have that info.

Dave
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

The problem here is the lack of clear instructions given to people by their dealer on how to set things up. It was similar after 3.0 OTA when the instructions about setting up the user profile after the update were not seen by many people and not comprehensive. I suggested to VW via their Facebook group that they create a walkthrough video for the next update explaining how to set the car up again for people in a variety of scenarios, but they didn't.
The solution used above is incredibly simple and wouldn't have been necessary if there were clear instructions. It really just boils down to starting again with the app and making sure you purchase the required stuff from the shop.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Thanks all for the replies. Logging out of the VW online portal and going back through and editing language to English (even though it and the region already were) seems to have done the trick. I have now ‘ordered’ at no cost the items referred to above and have just received email confirmation of that.

Fully agree re dealers AND the sound suggestion of a walk through video; if the dealers (and the online support people) were really up to speed, issues would be minimal - and couple that with the suggested tutorial tube vid then few of us would have problems.

Thanks again, appreciated.

Ava
ID.3 1st Edition
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:41 pm The problem here is the lack of clear instructions given to people by their dealer on how to set things up. It was similar after 3.0 OTA when the instructions about setting up the user profile after the update were not seen by many people and not comprehensive. I suggested to VW via their Facebook group that they create a walkthrough video for the next update explaining how to set the car up again for people in a variety of scenarios, but they didn't.
The solution used above is incredibly simple and wouldn't have been necessary if there were clear instructions. It really just boils down to starting again with the app and making sure you purchase the required stuff from the shop.
lol, what the 3.0 OTA that didn't materialise.. look there it is behind that Unicorn.