HV drain and infotainment system issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
bluewaters905

Post by bluewaters905 »

I think all the issues below are correlated, with it potentially being the 12V battery, but whilst I wait to be able to contact VW, I'd appreciate some thoughts from the forum!

Car: 2022, v3.0 software from factory

Whilst on holiday for 2 weeks the HV charge dropped from 46% to 23% whilst it was parked in my garage. Nobody used the car in that time. The drop in charge happened in the second week only.

Once getting home, that night it lost another 3%, I didn't move it or open it.

The next day, after dropping to 19% the car alarm went off, first time ever.

I then moved it out of the garage and put it into charge. The rest of the evening I noticed my phone was connecting to the car and the infotainment system was on and frequently rebooting.

Next morning, charged up to ~66%, I got in the car. Only error messages were about not charging fully (as I'm on Octopus Go the charger, Zappi, only charges off peak) but the infotainment system was constantly restarting. It seemed to be getting more stable after about 10 minutes but that might have been wishful thinking.

Infotainment system seemed to continue turning off and on until the early evening. Overnight it charged to 80%, and I've not noticed my phone connecting.

My thought is that whilst away the 12V battery needed charging up (2 days before leaving I had done multiple short trips). This caused the HV battery to kick in to charge it, potentially turning on the AC at the same time, hence the large drop in HV charge. The car alarm going off was because the 12V had lost too much charge and the HV was below 19%. By my getting in it for a longer period of time has meant the 12V is now more charged, and the issue is somewhat resolved (I'm sure it will prove me wrong imminently).

Would any of the above seem reasonable? I'm not getting any 12V battery warnings, and departure times were off whilst away. I'm expecting a hard time getting VW to take a look, especially as I've got to go through the leasing company, so welcome ideas/thoughts.