Significant HV battery drain whilst parked.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Cookdm wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:16 pm Thanks MotMot. That’s comforting. The cars with the vw dealer now. When I reported the 5% per day HV battery charge drop I was told that it was normal for a 2 yr old battery!!! Doesn’t inspire much confidence in the dealer. Btw what is OBD11?
That's absolute nonsense.. 5% capacity overall Yes, but losing 5% per day is not normal, that is a load on the battery. I have Li batteries that haven't been used for 12months but are stored carefully and haven't lost a single %.

CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

MotMot wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:41 am Obd is a data reader. Plug in a Bluetooth dongle under the steering wheel abs you can find all sorts of info about the car via an app on your phone. Dongles are £20-30 on Amazon - apps are often free.

You can also clear warning lights / fault codes on other cars - which has made me quite popular with some family members..
As mine is seeming quite similar to yours, after reading this thread, they're saying for your car the 12v battery was knackered so the HV battery was charging the 12v continuously? Hence the drain? By my estimation and how much I've been losing it's around 0.6 kwh per day.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Similar - I’ve forgotten now but at least 2-3% a day (which is about 1kwh)