ID3 battery module error correlation

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Mattf01

Post by Mattf01 »

Hi all

Has anyone noticed if there is a correlation with all these ID3s coming up with battery module error / needs replacing and the year, version, trim, etc of the car? E.g. is it more the 1st editions that are having this issue?

I have mine, a 2022 Life booked in for 3.0/3.2 software update end of the month but I'm kind of thinking I might not get it done if I am likely to get the issues I am seeing people get.

Thanks in advance

M
ID 3 58kwh Life Pro Performance
Ordered August 2021
Delivered March 2022

CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Are there reports of people getting the 3.2 and then the battery module goes?

Interesting as I have 3.2 early August. 3 weeks later I get the warning light and the battery module apparently needed replacing (which it has been) but now also I think the 12v is screwed as I'm losing 1-2% of HV battery a day
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

My understanding is that the issue is already there, it is just that 3.2 highlights it.
Whether you get the update will not make any difference, you either have some (or a) faulty cell or you don't.
Also unless you never take the car back to VW, they will install the update at some point if the car goes in as it's a recall and dealers are under instruction from VW to do it. (or are obliged, their performance is checked against that kind of thing)
With regards to a pattern my car is a Jan 21 built Family Pro and it was all clear on the check.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:06 am My understanding is that the issue is already there, it is just that 3.2 highlights it.
Whether you get the update will not make any difference, you either have some (or a) faulty cell or you don't.
Also unless you never take the car back to VW, they will install the update at some point if the car goes in as it's a recall and dealers are under instruction from VW to do it. (or are obliged, their performance is checked against that kind of thing)
With regards to a pattern my car is a Jan 21 built Family Pro and it was all clear on the check.
Yes my understanding is the same as yours on all points.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.