Losing charge whilst parked

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

My car had a faulty battery module and has been with VW for the last week having had it replaced. I got a text on Friday saying my car ready for collection. I was checking the VW app and I noticed they had charged the car to 100%, but then someone must have taken it out for a drive as it went down to 97% and the mileage changed in the app.

However since it was 97% on Friday the car hasn't moved and slowly (as I've been monitoring it) it's come down to 93%. Is this normal when it has high charge? I've never even known the car to lose a percent whilst parked in all the time I've had it.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

No it isn't, unless it has a scheduled air conditioning/heating departure time turned on and is periodically heating the car up.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

sidehaas wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:13 pm No it isn't, unless it has a scheduled air conditioning/heating departure time turned on and is periodically heating the car up.
There is no scheduled heating, so it's not that.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I had this issue (see this thread) of course could be something different causing it from my tale…

viewtopic.php?t=2857
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

MotMot wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:17 pm I had this issue (see this thread) of course could be something different causing it from my tale…

viewtopic.php?t=2857
I'll monitor it after I get it back. Since I've had the electric drive error light on its been okay. I did notice once that I lost 2% one day. I'll ask them about it too when I pick it up tomorrow.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Yeah - from what I can tell the new battery fitted for the 2.4 update failed (and its not the only one I've heard of doing so..).
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

After the car being parked in my garage for a few hours I went into the garage for something and while there the car kept doing the heavy groaning sound every few minutes, I ignored it but next day mileage and percentage had dropped a bit, turned out I'd left a window open and the car must of sensed that somehow and kept waking up :?
iD3 Tour 77kWh, White 73 Plate.
Octopus energy £50 referral https://share.octopus.energy/ashen-mule-519

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

MotMot wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:47 am Yeah - from what I can tell the new battery fitted for the 2.4 update failed (and its not the only one I've heard of doing so..).
Strange though that I hadn't noticed any reduction in battery (apart from the one time I lost 2% a few weeks ago). Since losing 5% over the weekend whilst being at the garage, I used it yesterday, been parked up now at home for about 18 hours and it's lost another percent.

If the 12V gets low does the high voltage battery top up the 12v? That's my only theory but that's a lot of power. 5% of the battery over the weekend would equate to around 2.6kw.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

So after losing 5% in three days last weekend, and still losing charge a little last week during the day. The car has now not moved for 28 hours. No charge lost. Obviously going to keep an eye on it, but I wonder if thr 12v was virtually flat after the module change as it's taken a little bit of driving around to sort it out? Seems odd as they can only hold about 1kwh