Software Feature Requests

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

If we put a list of sofware feature requests together do you think VW might take them on board. Not silly stuff, but things that could be easily achieved like:
  • Welcome Screen: If after 10 seconds I haven’t pressed OK or switch user, could the welcome screen just assume it’s me please. I find myself totally ignoring it on short journeys.
  • Wash Mode: A single button that would put the wipers in Service Mode, Turn off the touch door handle central locking so I don’t have to leave the keys in the car to stop it locking every time I get a door handle wet.
  • Lane Assist Memory: I know this can be changed via OBD11, but Lane assist doesn’t work in rural areas and can be positively dangerous. The disable feature is much easier to use on new Golf’s, why can’t we have the same feature or similar?
  • Charge preferences: Allow me to set a preference on the charge screen so that when I turn the car off I can choose to have it either Charge Immediately or at preferred times. Right now it just does immediately.
There are other things which are a huge effort for such a poorly resourced and staffed software team like Cariad like allowing me to lock the car from the app, getting the app to report range in miles and not km etc etc.

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Splitty wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:46 pm
  • Lane Assist Memory: but Lane assist doesn’t work in rural areas and can be positively dangerous.
Many folk say something similar, but its not my experience. But a simple way to change for those that want to, why not?

My car has so many cameras, it would have been nice to record events up to the cloud. Could that be a software update
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Midgex

Post by Midgex »

DumfriesDik wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:47 am

My car has so many cameras, it would have been nice to record events up to the cloud. Could that be a software update
Bandwidth!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Splitty wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:46 pm If we put a list of sofware feature requests together do you think VW might take them on board. Not silly stuff, but things that could be easily achieved like:
  • Welcome Screen: If after 10 seconds I haven’t pressed OK or switch user, could the welcome screen just assume it’s me please. I find myself totally ignoring it on short journeys.
  • Wash Mode: A single button that would put the wipers in Service Mode, Turn off the touch door handle central locking so I don’t have to leave the keys in the car to stop it locking every time I get a door handle wet.
  • Lane Assist Memory: I know this can be changed via OBD11, but Lane assist doesn’t work in rural areas and can be positively dangerous. The disable feature is much easier to use on new Golf’s, why can’t we have the same feature or similar?
  • Charge preferences: Allow me to set a preference on the charge screen so that when I turn the car off I can choose to have it either Charge Immediately or at preferred times. Right now it just does immediately.
There are other things which are a huge effort for such a poorly resourced and staffed software team like Cariad like allowing me to lock the car from the app, getting the app to report range in miles and not km etc etc.
I think if you want to do something like this it needs to be on the official VW social media pages, there's no indication they even look on here.
That said,
Welcome screen - Yes that would be nice
Wash Mode - Wasn't something I had thought of but now you mention it
Charge preferences - I thought you could do this. Other threads recently this was stated as an option
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Preheat battery button / option.

No need for the en route to charger pre heating - just give us a button/switch on the screen.
Mark55

Post by Mark55 »

Just that it works.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance ordered September 2021.
Glacier White Metallic Flat black
Delivered May 2023. Running 3.2
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/dusky-quail-943
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Here is another one.
Occasionally I'd like to be able to bring up a route on android auto or Carplay without the car cancelling the route set in the in-car nav. I prefer to navigate with the car system but when it's busy I like to cross check predicted delays with Google and at the moment that means re planning the route afterwards in the car nav. Why not allow both in parallel.
(What I actually really want is the preheating function, and the indication of current available max charge rate to go with it, like in the new software 4.0. And V2G for 58kwh cars)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Zoom out button on map so you can see your overall range with a single button press.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:34 pm Here is another one.
Occasionally I'd like to be able to bring up a route on android auto or Carplay without the car cancelling the route set in the in-car nav. I prefer to navigate with the car system but when it's busy I like to cross check predicted delays with Google and at the moment that means re planning the route afterwards in the car nav. Why not allow both in parallel.
(What I actually really want is the preheating function, and the indication of current available max charge rate to go with it, like in the new software 4.0. And V2G for 58kwh cars)
You can run both, they are independent systems, I've often had both running.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

G43FAN wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:44 am
sidehaas wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:34 pm Here is another one.
You can run both, they are independent systems, I've often had both running.
Interesting. If I am running the car satnav and then set a route in AA, it automatically cancels the route in the car nav - and vice versa. I wonder if there is a setting for this somewhere.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G EV

Post by G EV »

Since 3.2 upgrade I am fairly happy with what the car has to offer. But… I would love VW to fix the bug that stops the passenger side mirror for auto dipping on reverse. So annoying having to twiddle the knob to select the left hand mirror to get it to dip. Doubly annoying that it worked perfect on the Passat that I owned previously.
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

G EV wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:35 pm Since 3.2 upgrade I am fairly happy with what the car has to offer. But… I would love VW to fix the bug that stops the passenger side mirror for auto dipping on reverse. So annoying having to twiddle the knob to select the left hand mirror to get it to dip. Doubly annoying that it worked perfect on the Passat that I owned previously.
I agree, my auto dipping mirror needs resetting every so often, despite the knob being in the correct position. Works fine then doesn't
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2
Midgex

Post by Midgex »

I'm unsure where the lower limit on charging power comes from, but something I would really like is to be able to charge the car at less than 1.4kW
Yes, it would be remarkably slow, but since I have 700 or 350W surplus on the solar panels much more often than I have 1400W, it would be free and satisfying.
CmdrKrunchy

Post by CmdrKrunchy »

Mostly happy with the software to be honest. In fairness I spend most of my time in Android Auto. But this would be my list:
  • Faster boot time
  • Additional users should have the same functionality as primary users.
  • If there is only one user you shouldn't have to click ok every time you get in the car.
  • Stop randomly resetting the background colour
ID.3 Kings Red, 58kWh Family Pro Performance, Steelies, Heat Pump
Order submitted Dec 21 (Tusker Salary Sacrifice), confirmed Jan 22
Delivery date Sept 22, then Oct 22, then Nov 22, then Feb 23, then March 23, then mid April 23.
Delivered late April 2023
TimF

Post by TimF »

G EV wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:35 pm Since 3.2 upgrade I am fairly happy with what the car has to offer. But… I would love VW to fix the bug that stops the passenger side mirror for auto dipping on reverse. So annoying having to twiddle the knob to select the left hand mirror to get it to dip. Doubly annoying that it worked perfect on the Passat that I owned previously.
In addition, twisting the knob is assumed to be to first position only, with a second twist to take it on to second. Far too easy to twist the knob and it steps past mirror adjust to door lock.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

CmdrKrunchy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:58 pm
  • Stop randomly resetting the background colour
That would be a sweet fix.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max