Does your car make you smile?

The place to discuss everything else..
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

I was out on my own yesterday and whilst I usually drive sedately, I gave it some beans at some known bends. It was like a terrier having the zoomies after a bath, the rear wheel drive is great. Honestly, it is so capable for a heavy car, I love it. The driving sensation in ID3 is great and puts a smile on my face.

No animals were harmed by my driving.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Yes.
We have a Golf GTE this week while our ID3 is in for 3.2. It's a nice car and we've been able to run it all in electric mode but when I try to drive like I do the ID3 it immediately loses grip at the front and ESC cuts in with a thump. The ID3 is soooo much better. For all the criticism of things like interior materials and haptics that it gets from the YouTube press I think it's amazing to drive.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sidehaas wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:56 am Yes.
We have a Golf GTE this week while our ID3 is in for 3.2. It's a nice car and we've been able to run it all in electric mode but when I try to drive like I do the ID3 it immediately loses grip at the front and ESC cuts in with a thump. The ID3 is soooo much better. For all the criticism of things like interior materials and haptics that it gets from the YouTube press I think it's amazing to drive.
Agree entirely. The press are obsessed with irrelevancies.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Scratch wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:59 am
sidehaas wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:56 am Yes.
Agree entirely. The press are obsessed with irrelevancies.
Yes mine makes me smile, I have been in an ID.5 for the last 3 days and frankly it's a heavy lump and drives like a heavy lump. I was impressed with the HUD and I liked the auto lift boot but I was glad to get back in the 3.

The press are too lazy to be 'obsessed' with anything, hence every review being word for word identical practically.
fin

Post by fin »

When I pull out of a junction, the super-quick, effortless acceleration - up to the speed limit of course! I had a petrol Audi A3 before which would scrabble the front years with ease even under medium throttle.
Big_GT

Post by Big_GT »

I honestly do love the car, the DCC makes the driving experience so much more fun, you can firm it right up and throw it around a fair bit, the software on the car really doesn't bother me because I don't really change anything other than drive modes, the App bothers me in such that VW really should be able to display the Miles of range correctly. But to answer the question yes my car makes me smile, even when just plodding around the doors.
Moonstone Grey ID.3 Max 2023
Boattrainman

Post by Boattrainman »

Yes it does.

As a 'hot hatch' flyer back in the day, the little ID3 is faster, better built, more comfortable, safer and has lots of cool features I would have killed for back then.

The ID4 seems to be more popular where I live, but won't be changing any day soon.

Rob
2021 Pro Performance Max
White with East Derry Alloys
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

I absolutely 100% agree and its good to have a positive post
NoddyNinja

Post by NoddyNinja »

+1 😊😊😊
fatman

Post by fatman »

yes first year.now after 37000 i enjoy more
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

It does make me smile - I enjoy driving it.

Would be lying if I didn't also say that it makes me curse at times too though :lol:
roybosh

Post by roybosh »

My wife said 'I love driving the car because it makes me smile, despite its foibles just like I love you and your foibles'
Family Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey, 18" Derry Alloys, Transport Hitch, Heat Pump
Ordered 31 October 2021
Build Date, December 2022, week 50
picked up 12/01/23 with software 3.2
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

It certain can induce a smile on a nice road. It's a very reassuring car to drive (with the weight being so low down in the car & being rear-wheel drive), it's comfortable, fairly spritely, almost effortless and pretty responsive overall.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
TimF

Post by TimF »

Maybe it's rather mundane, but I find it much less stressful (compared to an ICE) when in stop-start long queues. No need for autostart or "should I switch off?"/ "is it worth moving forward just a couple of metres" internal debates.

As to the standing-start acceleration coupled with rear-wheel drive, that can be really useful!
anna67

Post by anna67 »

DumfriesDik wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:27 am I was out on my own yesterday and whilst I usually drive sedately, I gave it some beans at some known bends. It was like a terrier having the zoomies after a bath, the rear wheel drive is great. Honestly, it is so capable for a heavy car, I love it. The driving sensation in ID3 is great and puts a smile on my face.

No animals were harmed by my driving.
bright And broad smile, obsessed with it.!
Midgex

Post by Midgex »

Yes. Almost a year old now.
ChrisT

Post by ChrisT »

A big yes, I have the 2021 pro performance 62KW bat. It delivers that EV instant torque very smoothly and effortlessly. You can feel the weight currently with EV’s but hopefully that will improve in time. Any 1st generation product will have problems, and as VW don’t do software, they were let down by software issues. Poor quality control during battery production in 2020 caused problems for my car, but remeber and COVID caused havoc for most industries. The 2nd gen just released has addressed many of these issues and the 3rd gen will be even better. It’s not that long ago when Tesla started producing cars, the panels were misaligned and bits were falling off. Being an early adopter you will always encounter issues, I’ve had a battery module replaced, software updates 3.2 currently and all is fine. You do see a lot of negative press but essentially it a great car and I hope it’s as successful as the Golf was in it’s day.
Chris
Lithium Brian

Post by Lithium Brian »

I feel the same. My family love this car.

Sure, there are some frustrating things like settings changing themselves (although at risk of jinxing it, this is far better lately) but it’s such a comfortable, quiet car that is sure footed and fun to drive. I love it. I don’t mind sitting in traffic at all.

Plus, it’s got enough poke to embarrass the local scrotes in their pop-mapped shopping carts with the fatty boom batty exhausts. My wife was driving the other night when one pulled up alongside us at the lights on a hill climb. She silently left him for dead while his noisy box coughed popped and wheezed behind us.

Cheeky numpty thought he’d have a go at overtaking further on, so she silently schooled him again. He learned a lesson that day, but I suspect he soon forgot it.