Bye bye ID

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

After 3 years and 56,000 miles it’s time to say goodbye to our ID 1st Edition.

We came to love the way it drove and most of its little foibles but ultimately we are changing to Hyundai Kona
We might have been tempted if the 77w had 5 seats but tge constant various warnings always had my wife on edge on weather safe to drive home (about a 50 mins drive).

The latest software seems to have solved a lot if tge problems but we were without car for 5 days whilst tge update went through, which on top of all the other recalls and problems we have experienced (like tge majority of 1st edition owners) means car has been off road for a considerable amount of time during its 3 years.

We loved our ID and will be sorry to see go, but dear VW you produced a flawed vehicle that has so much potential .

Thanks to all on the forum for such useful sharing if information and short cuts that we would never have found without the forum

Enjoy your ID’s !!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I have just changed my 1st Edition for another new ID3.
I was nervous of keeping the 1st Edition once it was out of warranty, and my dealer gave me a very good deal on a cancelled order for a new facelift model.
I thought about trying another brand but in the end felt it was 'better the devil you know'. Time will tell if that was a wise decision. So far so good.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Interestingly I was rung by the selling dealer to see if I was interested in trading mine in for a new one. I’m not - but I wonder if they’re having some problems shifting them at the moment. Or if there’s a sales target deadline coming up…
Boattrainman

Post by Boattrainman »

Anecdotally only, but it appears the ID4 is the popular one, shed loads have appeared where I live. In comparison, the ID3 is a relative rarity, and becoming a bit of a cult car in my view, brilliant if you can live with its quirks.

I'll def be looking at the 4 in 24 months time when the change is due, but having sat in one, its just not as much fun as the 3, you know 'fun', as in enjoyment over functionality. Just did a 300 mile round trip with a mate, said he hasn't enjoyed a road trip as much in years!
2021 Pro Performance Max
White with East Derry Alloys
TimF

Post by TimF »

Hoppy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:23 pm ... We came to love the way it drove and most of its little foibles but ultimately we are changing to Hyundai Kona ...
There's less rear leg room in a Kona. Not a problem for my wife, but I found it uncomfortable.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Boattrainman wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:46 pm Anecdotally only, but it appears the ID4 is the popular one, shed loads have appeared where I live. In comparison, the ID3 is a relative rarity, and becoming a bit of a cult car in my view, brilliant if you can live with its quirks.

I'll def be looking at the 4 in 24 months time when the change is due, but having sat in one, its just not as much fun as the 3, you know 'fun', as in enjoyment over functionality. Just did a 300 mile round trip with a mate, said he hasn't enjoyed a road trip as much in years!
Although my neighbour has an ID4, it’s the only one near to where I live. Conversely, there are 3 ID3s in my village.