Sat Nav putting in unnecessary charging stops

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
JAK006

Post by JAK006 »

Hi

I am running software 3.2 and have set up my home as a charging location in the sat nav. When navigating to home the system will try to take me to a public charger even though there is sufficient charge to get home. It seems to happen if the navigation calculates that the state of charge will be less than 10% at the destination. Is there a setting I can change to stop this happening?

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

JAK006 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:17 pm Hi

I am running software 3.2 and have set up my home as a charging location in the sat nav. When navigating to home the system will try to take me to a public charger even though there is sufficient charge to get home. It seems to happen if the navigation calculates that the state of charge will be less than 10% at the destination. Is there a setting I can change to stop this happening?
Mine does the same.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Yes. In the navigation screen, open navigation settings menu. Somewhere near the top is the toggle to turn on/off the function to automatically add charging stops. You can simply turn that off if you don't need it. Alternatively, next to the toggle is a small symbol . Click on that and ut brings up another settings sub-menu, in which you can select how many miles range you want the system to leave "in-hand" when reaching each charging stop and your destination. If you reduce the one for your destination then it won't plan in a charging stop so early.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

@sidehaas you are a walking encyclopaedia for this car!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

DumfriesDik wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:59 am @sidehaas you are a walking encyclopaedia for this car!
:lol:
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
JAK006

Post by JAK006 »

Thank you sidehass