Am I better off just ignoring range completely or is it a g)itch in the app

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Mickomagh

Post by Mickomagh »

The car itself says 140 miles, for 100% that's not good

Screenshot_20231229-192023.png

Sanya

Post by Sanya »

The value you are seeing relates to a known issue with the app, where kilometres are converted into miles in error.

140 miles indicated by the car is low (assuming you have a 58kwh battery). I would interested to know what happens if it set the heating to a lower value, say 18 degrees. Does this improve the indicated range.
Family Pro Performance | Glacier White | Sanya 20” alloys | Delivered March 2022
3rd time EV owner | BMWi Pure wall box.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Multiply by 1.6!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

86 is a glitch, 140 is a real prediction, but presumably based on lots of short journeys with the heating on, making it pessimistic for a long journey where heating becomes much less significant.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Its a well known glitch.

The simplest and easiest way to "fix" it for good is simply to change the app to km.

User icon in the bottom right - App Settings - Units - Distance change to Kilometres.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
TimF

Post by TimF »

I haven't had a problem with the app regarding reporting of range / state of charge. But the last time I charged to 80%, a day later with no use in between, car and app reported charge as 81%, before dropping back to 80% later in the day. The outdoor temperature had dropped a bit since charging, so if anything I'd have expected a mild decrease.

Since the change to 3.2, I've found the predicted range to change much more consistently during a run - range on arrival at destination has been pretty much what it was on departure less distance travelled.