ID3 service plan cost!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Kryten

Post by Kryten »

Looking on VW site, service plan for ID3 including inspection, brake fluid change, pollen filter and MOT is £370! How can they justify that?

MattP

Post by MattP »

I’m due the first service in a month or so. Is that what people are expected to pay?
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

There have been £199 deals for the above available at various times. Worth doing a search around and asking your dealer if they know of that deal...
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

I am in dispute with VW over their service plan.

I purchased a plan that included 2 services but no MOT on the 12th November 2022.

PastedGraphic-1.png

A month later they emailed my to say they had forgotten to add the MOT and it was now included. They did attach a revised plan, but I just assumed the email was correct.

PastedGraphic-2.png

But this year when I went for the MOT I was informed that it was only 1 service and 1 MOT.

My issue is that they did not highlight this in the email and it was misleading.

I can see now that with the increase to £370 why they tried to drop the second service.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Splitty wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:20 am I am in dispute with VW over their service plan.

I purchased a plan that included 2 services but no MOT on the 12th November 2022.

PastedGraphic-1.png

A month later they emailed my to say they had forgotten to add the MOT and it was now included. They did attach a revised plan, but I just assumed the email was correct.

PastedGraphic-2.png

But this year when I went for the MOT I was informed that it was only 1 service and 1 MOT.

My issue is that they did not highlight this in the email and it was misleading.

I can see now that with the increase to £370 why they tried to drop the second service.
Funnily enough, I also have a two service plan, bought when we collected the car in January 22. It's going in for it's first service tomorrow. I have everything in writing so if they try to refuse me when it goes for its second service in year 4, there'll be trouble. They haven't ever contacted me to try to change it and in fact MOTs are explicitly excluded from the terms of mine.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

VW finally came through with an answer and they have upheld my complaint. They have agreed to fund the next service and pay £50 compensation!