OTA updates at 3.2

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
EdinburghID3

Post by EdinburghID3 »

DumfriesDik wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:29 pm I did this update a few days ago now.

What it did do was highlight that the rear passenger side window was open, just teeniest amount. But enough for the update not to start straight away.

As for the update, no idea what it did.
Exactly the same for me too
Family Pro: East Derry Wheels: Moonstone Grey
Software v3.2
Zappi V2 Charger

Octopus referral code - https://share.octopus.energy/ready-ape-905
(Currently £100 split 50/50)

hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

Andyjor63 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:04 pm Just done mine today as previous others below no idea what it’s done etc so left it for a hour and then went back and said having to establish internet connection for a short time and that was it all looks the same beforehand though I did sign onto vw account to tick OTA updates car is a 72 plate so already came with 3.2 pre installed
I think your full stop and comma buttons have stopped working. ;)
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

hungerdunger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:54 pm
Andyjor63 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:04 pm Just done mine today as previous others below no idea what it’s done etc so left it for a hour and then went back and said having to establish internet connection for a short time and that was it all looks the same beforehand though I did sign onto vw account to tick OTA updates car is a 72 plate so already came with 3.2 pre installed
I think your full stop and comma buttons have stopped working. ;)
I was under the impression that full stops and comas had been “cancelled” by modern society.
danhopgood

Post by danhopgood »

Hmm,

Got the greyed out update button and "windows open" message. Tried the windows down and up trick - still getting the "windows open" message and no option to update. Any more ideas anyone?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

danhopgood wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:54 pm Hmm,

Got the greyed out update button and "windows open" message. Tried the windows down and up trick - still getting the "windows open" message and no option to update. Any more ideas anyone?
Just try again. Do the windows while you have that screen up. Hold the buttons for longer (10-15 seconds at each of travel after the windows have stopped moving) and do back as well as front.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

I got the update available, 52 mins message and clicked to install, then a message saying to leave and lock car, on return a couple of hours later message said update failed please contact your dealer, there should be a way to check for sure if the update has worked but doesn't seem to be :?
iD3 Tour 77kWh, White 73 Plate.
Octopus energy £50 referral https://share.octopus.energy/ashen-mule-519

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Mo1 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:39 am I got the update available, 52 mins message and clicked to install, then a message saying to leave and lock car, on return a couple of hours later message said update failed please contact your dealer, there should be a way to check for sure if the update has worked but doesn't seem to be :?
:(
First I've heard of failing. Is it still driveable without error messages?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

Yeah all ok, no errors showing, thought I might get another chance but nothing so far.

Couple of weeks ago my 360 cameras failed, booked in with dealer for 17th April, Last week I pulled/replaced a fuse which fixed it. I'll keep that appointment for the dealer to check and do the update if necessary.

Octopus Juice £5 referral https://electricjuice.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=ashen-mule-519
N21

Post by N21 »

Anyone who had the ‘new settings available’ TPI been promoted for 3.2.1 yet?
danhopgood

Post by danhopgood »

VW's suggestion on the "windows open" message:

Kindly try once again to reset the closing angle of the windows as follows:

Open the driver's window completely.
Close the driver's window completely.
Release the window regulator briefly and then pull it up again for approximately 2 seconds. You may hear a "click" from inside the door - this is normal.
Carry out these steps for all other windows in succession.

Please also note, that sometimes, the installation button is not displayed when you drive off very quickly after getting into the car, and the software management has not yet fully loaded. If the button is not displayed, you may also try the following workaround steps:

Leave the vehicle, lock it, and leave it for at least 15 minutes stationary (key out of range).
Return to the vehicle, unlock it, and get in. Do not apply the brake or switch on the ignition using the button on the steering column. Instead, wait 90 seconds.
Now switch on the ignition using the ignition button and wait another 90 seconds.
Now switch the ignition off again.
You should now see the button and be able to continue with the installation.

Should the issue still persists, please reply back and provide the following details, so that we may further investigate:

Not tried it yet ......
pennwald

Post by pennwald »

danhopgood wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:35 pm VW's suggestion on the "windows open" message:

Kindly try once again to reset the closing angle of the windows as follows:

Open the driver's window completely.
Close the driver's window completely.
Release the window regulator briefly and then pull it up again for approximately 2 seconds. You may hear a "click" from inside the door - this is normal.
Carry out these steps for all other windows in succession.
It would be a lot more helpful if the message was clearer on the display and/or if the instructions to fix it were available on the on-screen info button.

Before finding the solution on here, I tried calling the local dealers to ask why the install button wouldn't work. They didn't seem to know and suggested I dropped in next time I'm passing to let them look at it.
So thanks to those who have posted the windows info on here - far more helpful than any VW source!

After eventually getting it to install I encountered 2 error messages. First one was on the dash when I was near the car, but hadn't unlocked it saying that there was an emergency call error and that I should visit the workshop. Then when returned to the car after an hour there was a warning light for something like a fault in the cornering light. However, both seem to have now disappeared and the update has completed.

A pretty poor first impression of VW software updates.
ID.3 Life Pro
Makena Turquoise
Ordered: 11/12/21
Delivered: 30/01/23
danhopgood

Post by danhopgood »

OK I got the update done without any more mucking about with opening windows. I used the advice from VW (as my previous post) ) to force the car to give me the update message. When I clicked on the update message this time, I just got a message that the update would start and to leave and lock the car - nothing about windows.

I left it for 2 hours. When I got back in I got the same error messages at ignition on as previous posters. I left things alone for a minute or so and the errors cleared.

I do wonder whether VW did something remotely. Maybe. It is worth contacting them online - I've managed to sort the two or three niggly software issues I've had that way.
DelayedID3

Post by DelayedID3 »

Just thought I would share this mornings experience of the latest OTA update (I presume its the latest, car was delivered bang up to date in November, delayed by months whilst the dealer network upgraded everyone's cars, hence the username) and this is the first update that has been offered.

Anyway, left it last night to do the OTA update (having fixed the windows), came back to it this morning and it was dead as a doornail. App hadn't communicated with the car since I left it, no electrics were working, manually opened the door, but nothing came up, ignored the start/stop button, pedal, gears, all dead.

Called VWAssist, great guy came round within 2 hours, tested the 12v battery (reading 12 ish volts) did a car reboot, we briefly saw the car start, report a load of errors, and on the infotainment system saying it was doing an update, but then it all went off again. He repeated the reboot process, same result, so he started to read up on his laptop about what issues it might be, by the time he was ready to try something he went back to the car to see it all up and running. We presume it had got stuck doing the update (Windows Updates anyone?) but a reboot had cleared it apparently, and it has now completed it. He needed to clear some faults from the car, but other than that, it kept all of my settings and is fully driveable.

Only weird thing we noted when it was "dead" was the alarm led was flashing on the door, and both rear door handle lights were lit, not the front ones, just the rear. Might mean something to VW, but not to this tech.

Great VW Assist experience, not so much the car, or VW`s software!

Hopefully an isolated incident for me, and it wasn't too convenient because I was at home, so I was lucky.
Mo1

Post by Mo1 »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:24 am
Mo1 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:39 am I got the update available, 52 mins message and clicked to install, then a message saying to leave and lock car, on return a couple of hours later message said update failed please contact your dealer, there should be a way to check for sure if the update has worked but doesn't seem to be :?
:(
First I've heard of failing. Is it still driveable without error messages?
After the previous install failure, today I got the message that the update was available again, worked this time so all good :)

Youngun

Post by Youngun »

DelayedID3 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:18 pm Just thought I would share this mornings experience of the latest OTA update (I presume its the latest, car was delivered bang up to date in November, delayed by months whilst the dealer network upgraded everyone's cars, hence the username) and this is the first update that has been offered.

Anyway, left it last night to do the OTA update (having fixed the windows), came back to it this morning and it was dead as a doornail. App hadn't communicated with the car since I left it, no electrics were working, manually opened the door, but nothing came up, ignored the start/stop button, pedal, gears, all dead.

Called VWAssist, great guy came round within 2 hours, tested the 12v battery (reading 12 ish volts) did a car reboot, we briefly saw the car start, report a load of errors, and on the infotainment system saying it was doing an update, but then it all went off again. He repeated the reboot process, same result, so he started to read up on his laptop about what issues it might be, by the time he was ready to try something he went back to the car to see it all up and running. We presume it had got stuck doing the update (Windows Updates anyone?) but a reboot had cleared it apparently, and it has now completed it. He needed to clear some faults from the car, but other than that, it kept all of my settings and is fully driveable.

Only weird thing we noted when it was "dead" was the alarm led was flashing on the door, and both rear door handle lights were lit, not the front ones, just the rear. Might mean something to VW, but not to this tech.

Great VW Assist experience, not so much the car, or VW`s software!

Hopefully an isolated incident for me, and it wasn't too convenient because I was at home, so I was lucky.
Well I had the same problem, so it may not be an isolated incident, but I wasn't so lucky.

Exactly same symptoms i.e after 9hrs after starting the update, I found the car completely dead.
Phoned VW assist who sent out the AA.

Nice guy, but little EV knowledge.
We tried a battery reset i.e 12v disconnection/reconnection, leaving a separate 12v jump starter connected etc.
The driver display will turn on for a few minutes with lots of error messages before turning off again.
So its still completely dead, and can't be moved as its still got the hand brake applied and in park.

We are now awaiting the hi-cab recovery truck in the morning to take it the local dealer.